Pirate and the Parrot still closed?

Nifty

I was at WDW in May of 2001 and my favorite place to eat lunch, El Pirata y el Perico (The Pirate and the Parrot) was closed. This counter service restaurant serves Tacos and Taco Salads as well as those yummy churros. No information was given as to if and/or when the restaurant will open again. In fact, I asked several cast members while I was there, and they thought that it was still operational. I promptly ran over to the restaurant and discovered, as I already knew, that it was closed. Does anyone know if the restaurant has opened again, or if it will open again in it's original form and menu? Tacos may not be haute cuisine, but eating there was a tradition of mine that has been unceremoniously broken. Besdies, it is a tasty, cost-effective, not to mention appaulingly easy to operate counter service location in a great spot to eat lunch. Please help?

mightyduck

Originally posted by Nifty
I was at WDW in May of 2001 and my favorite place to eat lunch, El Pirata y el Perico (The Pirate and the Parrot) was closed. This counter service restaurant serves Tacos and Taco Salads as well as those yummy churros. No information was given as to if and/or when the restaurant will open again. In fact, I asked several cast members while I was there, and they thought that it was still operational. I promptly ran over to the restaurant and discovered, as I already knew, that it was closed. Does anyone know if the restaurant has opened again, or if it will open again in it's original form and menu? Tacos may not be haute cuisine, but eating there was a tradition of mine that has been unceremoniously broken. Besdies, it is a tasty, cost-effective, not to mention appaulingly easy to operate counter service location in a great spot to eat lunch. Please help?

It's been re-opened. It was closed for budgetary reasons....it re-opened the beginning of July. I ate there on both my July and August visits...

Upvote 0

Beauty and the

It was open when we where there (returned home 29/8) and it was in exactly the same place as it always has been, the gift shop for the Aladinride is opposite the ride.

Upvote 0

Nifty

Original Poster
Thanks for the info

I appreciate all the responses. I feel better knowing that it will most likely be open on my next visit. Hopefully that will be soon. Thanks again. Now if we can just get rid of all those scavenger birds...

Upvote 0

Tramp

Originally posted by Beauty and the
It was open when we where there (returned home 29/8) and it was in exactly the same place as it always has been, the gift shop for the Aladinride is opposite the ride.

Geesh....not only do you Brits drive on the WRONG side of the road but you write your dates backwards too...I just wasted 20 minutes of my time trying to figure out which month is 29...
by the way...where the hell is the "Beast?"

Upvote 0

markymark

Originally posted by Tramp

Geesh....not only do you Brits drive on the WRONG side of the road but you write your dates backwards too...I just wasted 20 minutes of my time trying to figure out which month is 29...
by the way...where the hell is the "Beast?"

NO!!!

It's you lot that drive on the wrong side and write the dates all daft!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom