Pirate and Princesses in August and September?

Jerm

I don't forsee them doing the mid-day hours. Morning or evening, but not mid-day. That would create chaos with the attendance continuing to rise each year.

:brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: It was a Joke :brick: :brick: :brick:

ShoreDopey

Pirate and Princess Party in August!

Hi everyone! :D

I don't know about all of you, but I am totally excited about the Pirate and Princess Party coming back to the Magic Kingdom for select nights in August! When I clicked on the link to Disney's Pirate and Princess Party website, and say the writing that it would be returning in August I almost jumped up and down! I am so excited, and I can not wait! :king:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Sigh...

Now the wait for specifics of the "Select Dates" in August! DS12 and I will be in the World from the 27th through the 1st of September. It's a narrow window, but hopefully they'll squeeze one in there!

We went on 15 Feb and had an absolutely great time! It was cold and drizzled for parts of the evening, but the overall experience was fantastic! I can only imagine it'll be better when it's warmer. :D

If they announce a date that works, I'll be ordering tickets as soon as I can.

My perfect date would be the 30th. We already have our ADR at Crystal Palace for 7:30!

culturenthrills

I am glad it is returning. I ended not being able to go to any of the nights. Hopefully I will get a chance in August even though it will be humid and there is always the chance for thunderstorms.

WDWFigment

I can't say I really expected to see them give up on this hard ticket event featuring the two most bankable 'themes' after only one try. They'll have steam from POTC (well, it won't still be in theaters at that point, but it will have just left) so I'll bet attendance rises quite a bit.

ELopez

Forgive me for asking a stupid question (I know, I know, there are no stupid questions - only stupid people). Anyway, am I correct in believing that you actually have to purchase admission to the MK for the day of the event, in addition to the cost of the event? Is it really worth all the extra cash?

Dagger

Forgive me for asking a stupid question (I know, I know, there are no stupid questions - only stupid people). Anyway, am I correct in believing that you actually have to purchase admission to the MK for the day of the event, in addition to the cost of the event? Is it really worth all the extra cash?
Correct, you have to purchase an extra ticket. Is it worth the extra cash? Of course, that's up to your preferences. We went for the Christmas party and YES, it absolutely was. We are going during Night of Joy and still debating it, but I'd love to go... I'm just not familiar with a lot of the contemporary stuff. If NOJ and P&PP happen while we're there, we'd probably still do both.

PS hi in Charlotte also! =)

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
No, your event ticket is your Park Admission for the event. If you want to spend the day at the park prior to the party, you'd have to buy a separate ticket. The event ticket will gain you admission to the park after 4PM [three hours early] without a regular park ticket.

I went with DS11 in February in cold and wet conditions and we had a blast! In August/September it'll at least be warmer and I will get tickets if it's on while we're there! So, in my opinion, it's worth every penny!

ToTBellHop

unless you get one of those intense evening thunderstorms that can happen in August...

Looks like it'll be some late nights at the MK with the park closing at 10 pm and 11 pm most of the month...either P&P will be cut short or go until about 4 am...

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I don't think the park hours impact the P&PP. In February, the park was closing at 11 most nights, but P&PP ran 7-1230. In fact, once they set the dates, the park hours were adjusted to say they were closing at 6:30PM [I think, it might even have been 6].

I thought the main thunderstorms in summertime hit in the afternoons more so than evenings?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
True - but it will be a little more unpredictable because of the beginnings of hurricane season.

By the way, I wish this was gonna be in Sept :(
It may yet be... They haven't actually announced dates for August, just that it's coming. I'd bet it will match dates with the usual free dining period [hopefully not supplanting the free dining!], which was mid-August through end-September.

But until they actually announce something... :shrug:

MommytoMJM

There is some talk about them expanding the dates now, especially with the flower and garden festival theme being P&P, but I don't think they will do it in the summer....

jcc0621

There is some talk about them expanding the dates now, especially with the flower and garden festival theme being P&P, but I don't think they will do it in the summer....
It is already on the wdw website. No dats announced, just that is it returning in August for select dates

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom