Pins from ebay

UberPlannerMom

I am considering getting the kids some pins to trade (or at least have a reasonable conversation with cast members about) and looked them up on ebay. So many sellers have 20 for a dollar, and say that they are genuine. Have any of you ever bought from any of those sellers? Had any bad luck? Have a seller you know sells the real thing? If I buy them, when they get here how do I know they are the real thing? :shrug: Thanks!

Abbyjoe

I bought a "lot" of pins on ebay a few years ago. It worked out really well for us. They used those pins to trade. Funny thing though...My kids spent more time deciding which pin to buy (they each bought 1 at the end of each day), than they did trading. Then they quit trading all together! They didn't want People looking at their SPECIAL pins. Go figure! :shrug:

Upvote 0

CheshireKat

We've bought pins from the last several years on ebay. Look at the sellers feedback and also realize that they are for trading. We got 2 different lots this year, all have disney trademark on the back with the mickey pin backs. I've never had problems trading them in the parks. The purists will argue about scrappers and what not, but I think if your kids are trading them and having fun, it's not like they will care or notice (not that I ever notice either!)

The only other advice I have is that sometimes the pins are cheaper if you bid on them versus buy it now.

Upvote 0

7SamuraiGecko

I have just had my first experience buying pins from eBay, and it was a great bargain. The price endend up being $20.50 for 20 pins and the shipping was free. :sohappy: The pins were all genuine and the seller did not have any duplicates in the grab bag. We purchased them for our two daughters so they could trade when we arrive at WDW in July. The only thing I'm worried about is...they may like all their pins and not want to trade. But, if that's what makes them happy. :) (They are getting one a day for good behavior, which is working pretty well.)

Upvote 0

rpk4444

I have purchased official pins on eBay many times. Yes, there are alot of fake pin sellers out there. Official pins should cost you betwen 80 cents and a dollar apiece to buy. If you'd like, shoot me a message and I'll send you I list of the sellers that I've used that have been good.

Upvote 0

devoy1701

I am considering getting the kids some pins to trade (or at least have a reasonable conversation with cast members about) and looked them up on ebay. So many sellers have 20 for a dollar, and say that they are genuine. Have any of you ever bought from any of those sellers? Had any bad luck? Have a seller you know sells the real thing? If I buy them, when they get here how do I know they are the real thing? :shrug: Thanks!

$1.00-$1.25 a pin is normal on eBay. We have probably purchased about 200 pins from eBay so far...we normally keep what we like and trade the rest in the parks. We've never had a problem and it's a GREAT way to save A LOT of money and keep up with the pin trading! Plus you get a lot of pins that you don't mind trading...versus when you buy pins at the park, normally it's very hard to part with one of those. :wave:

Upvote 0

DisneyRunner

Clues to watch for in an auction are the words, "no duplicates up to....". This is a clue that the seller is dealing scrappers. It is true you can trade any pin as long as it has a copyright Disney symbol on the back. It should also portray a Disney event, place, location character or icon.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

a lot of people buy pins on ebay for trading, I have gotten some very nice ones (mostly rare & retired). If you scroll down to the bottom of the page you will find a listing of recent threads on this subject with some very good info. :wave:

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

We have bought quite a few Disney pins on ebay & have had good luck.
Just ask the seller to make sure that they are the authentic Disney pins & check out the seller's feedback to make sure that it is good.
:wave:

Upvote 0

Korfar

We have bought probably a couple hundred on Ebay over the years. Never had a problem. The pins look great and no trouble trading them at all. I have no idea if they are fakes or not but they certainly look great. Doesn't really matter to us. We aren't trying to make money on them. They are for trading and the kids like to keep the their favorites in a binder. It is a very affordable way to buy pins for trading. If your child really likes doing it 20 may not be enough. Last year we had 40 per child and they ran out quickly. They trade and get one they want to keep and after a couple of days they have none left to trade. So this year we had to buy even more so they won't run out. You can't beat 80 cents to $1 a piece which is about what we pay.

Upvote 0

UberPlannerMom

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! I think I will go ahead and give it a try. One more question- when I got on there I decided just to see what pins they have featuring my sons favorite character (ursula) and discovered quite a few. Obviously, they cost quite a bit more since I would be pcking out a specific one. How many ursula pins have you seen around in the parks? Are they hard to come across? If I let him just try to trade for one while we are there will he have a chance in hades? It seems like it would be worth a lot more to him if he traded for it!:lol:

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

I personally have not seen that many Ursula pins, but you never know what type of pins you will find or where!
The first year that I took my daughter to Cinderella's Royal Table I found a bus driver that had a CRT pin that we traded for. We still have it! :wave:

Upvote 0

devoy1701

Thanks everyone! I think I will go ahead and give it a try. One more question- when I got on there I decided just to see what pins they have featuring my sons favorite character (ursula) and discovered quite a few. Obviously, they cost quite a bit more since I would be pcking out a specific one. How many ursula pins have you seen around in the parks? Are they hard to come across? If I let him just try to trade for one while we are there will he have a chance in hades? It seems like it would be worth a lot more to him if he traded for it!:lol:

just keep an eye out for pin boards, and check with the trading posts and at Guest Services at each of the parks for CM Pin Books. You can also try trading with one of the private traders...though the ones at WDW kind of give me the creeps!

I've noticed, if you look around long enough and ask enough CMs, you'll end up EVENTUALLY finding what you've been looking for!

Upvote 0

Korfar

I have seen a few out there. We have one with her face on a bowling pin. I have seen one that is just an outline of her on a circle pin. They are out there. The variety is quite extensive with the CM's. I would think you will find some. As the other poster before me said, ask CM's for what you are looking for. One year my daughter needed just 1 pin to complete a hidden mickey set and we asked CM's. One of the CM's downtown went in the back of the store and found one for her.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom