Pinocchio's Gone?!?

Davis224

You gotta let me know if Pinoccios restaraunt in the MK is still open and if so will it be open around March15-18. I tried looking on the Mk website and it's not listed on there anymore!

MKCP 1985

The Pinocchio's Haus Restaurant shut down? How are we going to look out the window and wave at the peeps departing on their Its a Small World voyage? :veryconfu

Say it ain't so!

Upvote 0

BigNorm

Originally posted by cabihler
i ate in it twice during my trip which was from Feb 1st 2004 thru Feb 5th

Thanks goodness, I was a little stressed. I always eat there at least once while in MK. I was worried for a sec. :(

Upvote 0

Sir Hiss527

It's not shut-down, all I know is it shut-downs very early at nights though. In a few months, you won't be able to look through that window for a while...

:slurp:

Upvote 0

BeachClubVillas

That's such a great place to eat. That and Columbia Harbour House are the best fast food places on property IMO. It had better not close down.

I wonder, will they block the window out or will that be a way to check on the progress of the IASW rehab??

Upvote 0

DisneySaint

I almost screamed when I saw the subject to this thread. I know it's odd, but Pinnochio's is my favorite fast-food place in the park! It's so cozy in that corner and I ALWAYS make sure to stand by the window tables while my family orders so that I can snatch one up the second it becomes available. Pinnochio's and The Electric Umbrella in Epcot have both become trademark nostalgia places to eat for me, my family, and more recently my girlfriend. I can't really explain it, but I guess when you just happen on the same restaurant two, three, and four consecutive trips in a row, it just kind of becomes tradition.

On a side note, let me add that the windows in Pinnichio are probably one of my most favorite features of it! One of Disney's lesser-spoken-of accomplishments and uniqueness is it's ability (at least in classic times) to integrate attractions with attractions, attractions with restaurants, etc. etc. Making, keeping, and maintaining theme is the first ingredient to the Disney magic.

Upvote 0

BeachClubVillas

Originally posted by DisneyJoey

On a side note, let me add that the windows in Pinnichio are probably one of my most favorite features of it! One of Disney's lesser-spoken-of accomplishments and uniqueness is it's ability (at least in classic times) to integrate attractions with attractions, attractions with restaurants, etc. etc. Making, keeping, and maintaining theme is the first ingredient to the Disney magic.

I totally agree with you! With classic Disney, you didn't just eat in a restaurant, you ate at a Disney restaurant. There's a huge difference!!

Upvote 0

Bill

Account Suspended
I've heard that Pinnochio will be closed for part of the Small World rehab. Something about removing the windows and instead having squirt guns...

:lol:

Though I heard that from a 7 year old... maybe not the best source...:hammer:

Upvote 0

walstfan

Pinocchio's House

Yeah, the subject of this thread really caught my eye. I, like many others here, always ht pinoc's house at least once.

My wife and I went to WDW in '88 (a year before MGM, and several years before children) and loved the whole experience. We didn't have a lot of money (stll don't :) and one of the few places we ate was Pinoc's house. The memories are strong of the quaintness of the rest tucked in the corner. We always eat there now and the memories come back over and ove.

Isn't that what WDW is all about?

People who haven't gone (and even some that have) jut don't "get it".

Upvote 0

walstfan

Closed?

You're right... I just went to the dining finder at the wdw site and Pinocs houe is not listed.

I am going next week and I had planned (as I always do) to eat once there.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom