Pinocchio live action reboot

Brer Panther

Original Poster
Just found this out on the DVDDizzy.com forums.

Tell me, are these countless live action reboots really any better than the direct-to-video sequels that Disney was doing until 2008?

erasure fan1

Tell me, are these countless live action reboots really any better than the direct-to-video sequels that Disney was doing until 2008?
Better? Somewhat. Any less lazy and uninspired? Not a chance. I still feel like if Disney wants to re-tell a story, don't make it one you have already re-told. Its just like Disney raising prices at the parks, as long as people are spending the money, see how far you can push it. I know there are people who like these type of movies, I'm just not one of them.

Magenta Panther

No. And unfortunately, it looks like we're gonna keep on getting them...as long as there's a live-action Iger. :p

Magenta Panther

Seriously, what are they going to do with this? Is the live-action Pinocchio going to look like the animated one? He'd better - he's the Pinocchio the world fell in love with. I hope to god they're not going to make him look like the illustrations in the original book - they're frightening. And what about Jiminy? Is he going to look like a REAL cricket? Feh, and I thought the idea of a live-action Dumbo was insane...

BuddyThomas

Seriously, what are they going to do with this? Is the live-action Pinocchio going to look like the animated one? He'd better - he's the Pinocchio the world fell in love with. I hope to god they're not going to make him look like the illustrations in the original book - they're frightening. And what about Jiminy? Is he going to look like a REAL cricket? Feh, and I thought the idea of a live-action Dumbo was insane...
Yeah, the original Pinocchio is so frightening that the story has survived and flourished since 1881 - That is 134 years. You should be lucky to be so frightening as to survive that long.

Magenta Panther

Yeah, the original Pinocchio is so frightening that the story has survived and flourished since 1881 - That is 134 years. You should be lucky to be so frightening as to survive that long.

It didn't survive without a little help from Disney. ;)

Hey, look, kids!

Le_avventure_di_Pinocchio-pag091.jpg

Pinocchio%20g.jpg

Pescatore_Verde.jpg
File-Grillo_parlante.jpg

Maybe a lot of help from Disney... :D

Dude, have you read the original Collodi book? I have. So lay off the condescending sarcasm, 'kay?

BuddyThomas

It didn't survive without a little help from Disney. ;)

Hey, look, kids!

Le_avventure_di_Pinocchio-pag091.jpg

Pinocchio%20g.jpg

Pescatore_Verde.jpg
File-Grillo_parlante.jpg

Maybe a lot of help from Disney... :D

Dude, have you read the original Collodi book? I have. So lay off the condescending sarcasm, 'kay?
There are dozens and dozens of versions of this story. Disney's is only one of them. Maybe they can do a Muppet version. Would that please you?

Magenta Panther

There are dozens and dozens of versions of this story. Disney's is only one of them. Maybe they can do a Muppet version. Would that please you?

Actually, the Henson company did a big-screen version of Pinocchio in 1996:

The-Adventures-of-Pinocchio-1996-241x300.jpg

It was called "The Adventures of Pinocchio", or something. Isn't he adorable? To the surprise of no-one, the movie flopped.

Supposedly the Henson company was going to try again with Guillermo del Toro involved, but it's been shelved. Wise move. Very wise move. :D

Last edited:

prberk

Hey, I have an idea.

How about just restore the original and let this generation see it brilliantly on the big screen during a school break time, with options for revenue during matinees and weeknights?

Nahhh, that would never work. Disney's never made money (or kept characters fresh in people's memory) on re-releases. Much better to make a forgettable live-action remake for $80 million and hope that it makes the money back.

Sigh.

Bairstow

I just don't understand why someone would remake a version of Pinnochio in this day and age and have it NOT be about robots and artificial intelligence.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom