Pin Collecting

megaroostitch

Original Poster
I saw this woman who had Disney pins all over her purse straps and she had some very cute ones that I loved!! I was wondering is there any way to get them besides at the parks. I want to start collecting them but we are not going to Disney for awhile yet? Another question is do people just collect the charc. they like or are some more valuable then the others. Thanks for the help :)

PoohBear119

I know you can call WDW and order anything they sell in the park. I don't know the number, but that's ow my MIL go the wedding Mickey and Minnie ears for my hubby and I 2 years ago.

Green Lantern

Collecting wise some people, like myself, collect the characters they like. I'm sure some people collect pins maybe for the value if it is a rare pin (like baseball cards or comic books). My advice, collect the pins of what you like and enjoy. It's a great fun hobby.

I've noticed the Disney Stores sell pins. Not a lot, but some. Ebay though is a great place to find pins.

megaroostitch

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the help...I use ebay all the time and it didn't occur to me to look up the pins there...lol....I found some great ones on there..I can't wait to start my collection!:)

PrincessBitty

my hubby gets disney pins from a few different places online - just google disney pins, and it will bring up lots of websites - pinfinder.com, dizpins.com, etc.

HeatherK

you can go to disneypins.com .. but I know in order to buy them you have to send an e-mail somewhere but they do have all the pins. otherwise ebay.

maryszhi

disney mail order, ebay, and disneypins.com
there is some stores on the internet that sell them , like the mouse shoppe (SP?)

nemofinder22

Also if your looking for DLR pins without haveing to go there or call and want some at a highly discounted price. I highly recommened checking out AMSliquidation-
http://www.ams-liquidation.com/stores.htm
They have store all over that open and close and have a great set of pins, lanyards and more, plus lots of in park merch, even some gold ears if you still need them. A great store for any Disney fan.

There currently in-
Fullerton, CA-Permanent Store
Las Vegas, NV-Permanent Store
Pomona, CA-Permanent Store
Lakewood, CO
Mercer, PA
Vacaville, CA
Post Falls, ID
Pismo Beach, CA

AEfx

The best advice I can give to a potential pin collector is to specialize.

If you just go out and buy every pin you think is "neat", you will never stop LOL.

For me, that means I collect : Evil Queen/Old Hag from Snow White, Maleificent, and Ursula character pins; special event pins (MNSSHP, MVMCP, anniversaries, etc.); and attraction pins (mainly Haunted Mansion).

Focus on what you really like, and then branch out. Or you will fall into the pit of craziness LOL.

AEfx

Disneykidder

My Disney store has never carried them before but I was at the new outlet here in NY and they had abouty 10-15 different ones. Most of them were on sale so I purchased quite a few of them. I also bought a cute lanyard for my son there that came with 2 pins for $5.

The Disney store online also has a great collection. They are not from the parks, but they have a lot of them.

The WOD in Manhatten also has lots and lots and lots. There they have special edition ones and ones that can be found in the parks. We visit there a few times a year and always get a few.

We just started collecting on our 07' trip. It's fun to trade with guests and especially CMs. This year my son will start to do his trading. He is 4 1/2 and so excited.

Good luck.:wave:

krankenstein

One word: eBay! This is where I buy pins from when I am at home. (the closest Disney Store to me is about 4 hours away)

I also want to add my vote to AEfx suggestion. I made sure I had one pin of my favorite characters, than I began to focus on Dumbo pins, special event pins and my favorite attraction pins.

HeatherK

The best advice I can give to a potential pin collector is to specialize.

If you just go out and buy every pin you think is "neat", you will never stop LOL.

For me, that means I collect : Evil Queen/Old Hag from Snow White, Maleificent, and Ursula character pins; special event pins (MNSSHP, MVMCP, anniversaries, etc.); and attraction pins (mainly Haunted Mansion).

Focus on what you really like, and then branch out. Or you will fall into the pit of craziness LOL.

AEfx

Ha. That is what I did. My mom said "don't get into pin trading" and I figured if I only bought Stitch pins, then it would be ok and I wouldn't get to crazy. Then before I knew it, it was "oh this one is nice... oh wow limited edition. Oh my, look at what this pin does" and now I can't turn back haha.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
eBay is an amazing (and dangerous! :lol:) place to get Disney pins cheap. Buy some ones that you like, but also get a cheap lot of 20 or so pins. When you do finally go to the parks, these will be great ones to trade away. Didn't cost a whole lot and you have no emotional attachment to them.

As others have said before, SPECIALIZE! That was my number one mistake when I began collecting. Since then U have traded away the miscellaneous stuff and stick only to Ariel, Tigger, and Figment now. I also have several lanyard pin series that I either have completed or am working on completing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom