Pin code: Should I reserve????

nh10ring

In planning our WDW trip for this November, I received what I had been hoping for...a pin code. Last time we went, we were offered 40% off offer on our resort. I didn't expect that offer again, but was a little disappointed to receive a 10% off offer this time. I guess it is better than nothing, but I was hoping for 20-30% off. I would hate to make reservations now (offer expires in mid-March) then see a better offer later. What would you do?

ann0d

10 percent doesn't seem like a good deal to me, I would wait, unless of course you are definetely going then. Book it, you could always cancel if something better comes along.

Upvote 0

nh10ring

Original Poster
10 percent doesn't seem like a good deal to me, I would wait, unless of course you are definetely going then. Book it, you could always cancel if something better comes along.

We are definitely going in November and want to stay at POR again. However,10% off across the board really isn't all that exciting, and still might force us to downgrade to a value resort. I am really surprised (and disappointed) that they did not offer a better deal. Has anyone seen general discounts that are better deals than pin code discounts???

Upvote 0

Joshua&CalebDad

In planning our WDW trip for this November, I received what I had been hoping for...a pin code. Last time we went, we were offered 40% off offer on our resort. I didn't expect that offer again, but was a little disappointed to receive a 10% off offer this time. I guess it is better than nothing, but I was hoping for 20-30% off. I would hate to make reservations now (offer expires in mid-March) then see a better offer later. What would you do?

I'm sorry to hear that you only got 10%. I am taking my family at the end of Novemeber and we received a pin for 20%-30%, depending on where we stayed, just a few weeks ago. If you are planning on going anyway, use the pin. Hopefully something better will come in in the next few weeks.

You could also try and set up accounts, on the Disney website, for every person that is traveling in your party. Plan a trip out on the Disney website and save it for each of their accounts. This might cause the system to send you another pin offer. From what I hear, the pin system and reservation system don't necessarily work together so just because you booked a trip already doesn't mean someone else in your party won't get a pin offer. As an example, I had booked our trip last August, and as I stated earlier, just received a pin offer in the mail.

Good luck. :wave:

Upvote 0

minniemickeyfan

How do you get a pin code .every ONE I SEE ON HERE HAS PINCODE HOW DO YOU GET ONE

Make an account at the Disney World Website, order a vacation planning video, get your info to Disney in as many places as possible, and then hope for one! I used to get them, but now that they know I'm a passholder, I haven't, but can get Annual pass discounts. Good luck!

Upvote 0

ann0d

We are definitely going in November and want to stay at POR again. However,10% off across the board really isn't all that exciting, and still might force us to downgrade to a value resort. I am really surprised (and disappointed) that they did not offer a better deal. Has anyone seen general discounts that are better deals than pin code discounts???

I didn't want to say this earlier and I hate to tell you this but I got my first EVER pin last month for October and offered free quick service dining. Worked out great since we are going in Oct.

Don't you think they will offer pubicly something better>?

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Do you have AAA? The discounts for members are usually in the 10-15% range. So you may do better by calling and trying to book using that. And then applying and better discount that comes out.

But keep in mind that WDW is cutting back on the discounts they are offering so you may not get anything better.

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

How do you get a pin code .every ONE I SEE ON HERE HAS PINCODE HOW DO YOU GET ONE

I have been getting them too by email & snail mail, but they are for 10 or 15% off the room. Not a good rate if you ask me when I can stay at Bonnet Creek for way less, and have much more room.

I'm still holding out for a few more weeks, but I am needing to book something soon. Someone said that some new discounts may come out March 1st, so that's something to watch for. I bet discounts for Nov & Dec. wont be out until sometime this summer though, if then.

Upvote 0

smk

We got a PIN code three years in a row and this year we got nothing! We always booked and went, so we didn't waste them. I search the WDW web site all the time, plan trips, save the trip info before I book, order maps, read their blogs...you get the picture. I really have no idea why or how someone gets a code. I know it can't be because they want to entice a customer back who hasn't been in awhile because we go every year, always have. We don't have AAA, we book right thru the Disney site or on the phone with Disney. I would gladly accept a PIN code now tho!

We got them so frequently that my husband got used to them, expected them even, he knows different this year! It really doesn't matter to us, we are going again this September, just like always, only this time we will have to save more money in advance to pay off the slightly more expensive trip.

I challenged my husband to plan a vacation for 7 days (anywhere) and with a budget like we have for our annual trip to WDW, we'll see if he can match it. I have serious doubts he can. WDW is still a great value to us, we enjoy every second of being there, to us it is our "all inclusive" happy place.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom