Piece of Disney History Pins

AEfx

Original Poster
Anyone else collecting these?

Anyone know which one is coming out this month?

I've got all five so far - only had to buy two off of eBay, LOL, but would love to know what is coming up so I can try to find someone to buy them without having to resort to eBay.

AEfx

AEfx

Original Poster
Thanks for the links!

FOLK doesn't interest me in particular, but the Jungle Cruise one does. I'll have to track down both, however - I've already got the first five, hehe.

This is the first (and probably only) time I'll be collecting a series like this. Most of them don't interest me (like the "stitch around the world" - blech!) but the uniqueness here really does it for me. Normally I just buy a pin to remind me of an event or something else that I enjoy, but these pins are too cool to pass up.

AEfx

HauntedSquirrel

out of the 5 months so far, i have 2 copies of each pin, one to wear and another to wear as a backup just in case, i already have two of the june pins reserved. I've gotten all my pins off of ebay, i usually don't bid higher than 20 dollars for a pin.

Edit: i'm also starting on the dave smith collection as well

AEfx

Original Poster
HauntedSquirrel said:
out of the 5 months so far, i have 2 copies of each pin, one to wear and another to wear as a backup just in case, i already have two of the june pins reserved. I've gotten all my pins off of ebay, i usually don't bid higher than 20 dollars for a pin.

Hehe, well I'm just collecting one of each.

I really don't like to feed the eBay monster - I really wish WDW didn't allow people to buy so many. I know it's only 2 at a time, but eBayers go from store to store buying them up. With such limited editions as this, I wish that wasn't possible.

Oh well, at least I know what is coming. :)

AEfx

AEfx

Original Poster
Fantasmic!329 said:
What exactly is going into the JC pins?

A piece of a hat worn by an AA...I'm assuming it is from the scene with the rhino chasing the men up the tree.

As this is going on, I think the items included are getting a little lamer, but then again - most of these rides aren't dismantled as 20K was.

I'm very curious what the future ones will be - I would love a Haunted Mansion one, or a Splash. I'd die for a Snow White, but I know that isn't happening.

AEfx

MissM

Here's the entire list: http://www.dizpins.com/pinventory/wdw_piece_history.htm

August - It's Tough to Be a Bug!® at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
September - Test Track at Epcot®
October - Peter Pan's Flight in Fantasyland® at the Magic Kingdom® Park
November
- Splash Mountain in Frontierland® at the Magic Kingdom® Park
December - Spaceship Earth - Epcot® Icon at Epcot®

They also have photos through July's release.
-m

Narthex

Yeah i have been collecting them, I think that they are pretty neat. I bet the Tough to be a Bug will be another chip off the 3-D glasses. I wonder what they will do for Spaceship Earth.

AEfx

Original Poster
MissM said:
Here's the entire list: http://www.dizpins.com/pinventory/wdw_piece_history.htm

August - It's Tough to Be a Bug!® at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
September - Test Track at Epcot®
October - Peter Pan's Flight in Fantasyland® at the Magic Kingdom® Park
November
- Splash Mountain in Frontierland® at the Magic Kingdom® Park
December - Spaceship Earth - Epcot® Icon at Epcot®

They also have photos through July's release.
-m

Thanks MissM!

I had a feeling Pan would be there, but am surprised about SSE.

I'm glad not to be curious anymore.

Thanks again MissM!

AEfx

AEfx

Original Poster
You know, I was just thinking. I wonder what they are going to put in the Pan one.

Maybe some of the tin-foil from the volcanos? :D

AEfx

WDWScottieBoy

I have been collecting them and have them all so far. I've only been able to get 2 of the 5 myself at WDW and had the other 3 picked up by a friend that is local.

I think I remember reading that the SSE will be of one of the tiles that was replaced, but don't quote me on this.

For the Pan one, I'm guessing it will be of one of the ride boats.

AEfx

Original Poster
WDWScottieBoy said:
I have been collecting them and have them all so far. I've only been able to get 2 of the 5 myself at WDW and had the other 3 picked up by a friend that is local.

I think I remember reading that the SSE will be of one of the tiles that was replaced, but don't quote me on this.

For the Pan one, I'm guessing it will be of one of the ride boats.

That would be neat (SSE). I won't hold it against you if it isn't true, hehe.

I picked up two myself - it seems to be getting easier. When I was there on May 15th the Malestrom was absolutely everywhere still (and it was the April release). I assume ITTBAB and FOTLK won't go too quickly, but the others might.

Although I buy pins to commemorate events or special days I actually am at WDW, this is the first (and likely last) "series" I have collected. It seems inherently designed for locals and resellers. I'm surprised Disney doesn't allow some sort of subscription service - they can't be happy about all these pins ending up on eBay and those people getting more profit.

Hopefully the program has been successful and they will do it again - something like this is much better than that "stitch around the world" or whatever it's called series.

AEfx

maelstrom

The only ones I have so far are Maelstrom and Dumbo. I really want the 20K one but I'm trying to stay away from eBay.

diddy_mouse

i think this is definitely one series i'll take intrest in. i'm looking foward to Peter Pan and Splash, not to mention SSE and Test Track. :D

once again, thanx to MissM for the info!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
diddy_mouse said:
i think this is definitely one series i'll take intrest in. i'm looking foward to Peter Pan and Splash, not to mention SSE and Test Track. :D

once again, thanx to MissM for the info!

I wonder what they'll do for Test Track? There's literally hundreds of blown-out tires. You can usually grab a bit of that rubber off the ground outside the building though. I would kinda hope for something more interesting...

Guard railing? Orange cones?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom