Pictures in the tent at toon town?

dixiegirl

Original Poster
ok the tent in toon town, not mickeys but the one where you can wait in line for either minnie, pooh or princess, you know how there are pics of children and adults with characters how are those pics picked?? do people send them to disney or are they picked by the disney company themselves?? i only ask because last year we got a great pic of my four year old daughter dressed up in her mickey costume and her and mickey posing....she got so much attention for that costume and mickey loved it too! but i was wondering where i could if possible send it in and where, if anyone knew... thanks for any feedback..also one of the disney photograhers took the pic of mickey and her , so they did have proofs of the pic.,.

EpcotPhotoSchmo

The photos that hung there for a looooong time were in bad need of an update. They changed the photos only just recently, in December. Most, if not all of them were pulled from the vast library of images that were taken this summer and fall by the group that took reference shots all over property as part of the research and development of "standard shots" for Disney's Photopass.

They avoided using photos of guests, because it would require a signed release from the guest for the use of their image. Using photos of cast members and their families eliminated the need for a release.

You may notice that in the photos, college-aged young men and women are perhaps over-represented compared to many of the other age groups and families that visit the characters in much greater numbers. These are the interns who took the photos of each other during the course of the Photopass development project. Using these photos eliminated any need for paying models for a special photo shoot. I know this because I may or may not be in two of the photos hanging there. I will not describe them, because I've probably already spilled too much.

The photo you describe of your daughter sounds very precious, and is doubtless a very special memory. Can you post a scan of it here?

Perhaps you could also share it with Disney in a letter recounting your magical experience, or submit it to Disney Magazine for their letters section.

Just some thoughts....

dixiegirl

Original Poster
thanks for the feedback , well i just wrote an email to disney , lets see what happens..i'll try to scan a pic ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom