Pictures from WDW (Jan 27 to Feb 8, 2005)

Hey! Got back last night from WDW. Stayed at the All-Star Sports from January 27th to February 8th. Had a great time of course and took lots of pictures.

The weather was just ok in that we didn't see the sun as much as we would have liked. On the other hand, it wasn't horribly cold for any length of time (multiple days).

As most of you know, there are lots of rehabs going on, especially in the MK. I don't really like green walls in my pictures, so it did make picture taking a bit difficult at times.

Got to experience Stitch's Great Escape for myself. Have to agree with most people that this attraction is disappointing. On the other hand, I am still amazed by Mickey’s PhilharMagic. Turtle Talk was also very neat; I hope we see more of these small sideshows around the parks.

The day after the Superbowl (last Monday) the MK was packed! I have included a crowd picture from Main Street about 10 minutes before Spectro. Does anyone know why the park was so crowded on a Monday? Could it really be spill over from the SuperBowl?

Anyway, had a wonderful trip. Enjoy the pictures.

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAOXDhq5cuW7m4

Regards,
Rob.

nibblesandbits

Wow...your pics of The teapots are so neat! Your night pictures are just incredible. And your shot of the castle shows that it is coming along nicely. Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to be there! Only 94 days to go!!!

Bobster

Original Poster
Thanks for the kind comments barnum42, nibblesandbits, and rainfully. As in the past, I have posted pretty much my best pictures ... out of thousands that I took. The odds were in my favor. :lol:

Lauriebar

Great pictures as usual Bobster!! You have a great eye. I especially love the time lapse photos of the Teacups and Carousel...just lovely!

Bobster

Original Poster
Thanks Lauriebar and Renate.

Yes Renate, I stopped at the Belz outlet on my first day in Florida and purchased a tripod that stands about 4 feet high. It folded enough to fit in my backpack so it was great (although a bit short for shots that required I tilt the camera upward ... I ended up hunching down a lot). On previous trips, I just used a mini-tripod that stood about 3 inches high. It was ok, but I always needed a place to rest it (like a garbage can or something). This time, I didn't want to be "limited" by the garbage cans and water fountains of WDW :lol:

scorp111

great pictures!

The rabbit photo reminds me of one I have where the rabbit was right in front of Casey's in the MK. It was early morning before opening, and we were heading to Crystal Palace for breakfast.

I also like your comment about Fantasmic. It is tough to capture shots there I think. I am not the caliber of photographer as you, but I think it is all the movement and the darkness coupled with sudden bright lot. In December, for the 1st time, I actual got a decent capture of the water screen for the first time....

I had the mini-tripod my 1st trip, and am thinking about one for our upcoming trip. My biggest fear is that people will expect me to know what I am doing if I start setting up a tripod.... :lol:

Christina

Bobster said:
The day after the Superbowl (last Monday) the MK was packed! I have included a crowd picture from Main Street about 10 minutes before Spectro. Does anyone know why the park was so crowded on a Monday? Could it really be spill over from the SuperBowl?

Anyway, had a wonderful trip. Enjoy the pictures.

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAOXDhq5cuW7m4

Regards,
Rob.

I know what you mean about the Monday! The Tuesday too. I was at MGM and it was packed. It made me mad, because the days before we hadn't run into crowds at all.

And on the fourth it was COLD. I mean like Canada cold! But it sure did clear out the parks for us...

Great photos and I'm glad you had fun.:sohappy:

MKCP 1985

Hi Bobster,

I was right there with you in the Magic Kingdom on Monday and it was certainly crowded for a February day. I asked a couple of cast members and they didn't know why the park was so busy, other than as you said - possibly people who had come down for the Super Bowl hitting the park before going home.

Even as busy as it was, we experienced all our favorite attractions including twice each on Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion and PhilharMagic, and by using fastpasses only stood in one line of more than 25 minutes - Splash Mountain, 65 minutes!

edit: Oh, and by the way, the Magic Kingdom was the only park open late Monday night, so by 8:00 p.m., Spectromagic was the only parade available. Add the park hoppers to what was already a busy day, and there you go.

Gucci65

Great pictures, Thanks for posting.

I especially liked your night photos. I can see how the Space Mtn
at night could become a favorite.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom