Pictures and filming rides? Yes or no?

Should Disney ban photos/video taping on rides?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

juniorthomas

I was curious about some people who video tape. I got a Sony DCR-SR100 camcorder has a viewfinder and an lcd display, and nightshot which comes in handy. I mean you could tape Pirates or haunted mansion using this, but I would like to see a list of what people have taped on, what you can't video tape on. Like I have done the jungle cruise, the fireworks, but no major rides yet.

I would like to tape the rides, but not sure where you can, unless they say no, like carousel of progress or ellen's universe of energy, and the American adventure show at Epcot. maybe there are some more, but wanted to ask

You can likely find all of these online already. This way you wont inconvenience yourself or other riders, by filming during the ride.

Besides, filming during the ride means you aren't actually soaking it all in. (Well, for me anyway.)

PhotoDave219

Totally related to one of my earlier threads, which of course has taken on a life of its own, is the topic of filming or taking pictures on rides, especially the dark attractions.

The question is, should Disney stop allowing people to bring camera's, or video recorders into the dark rides?

Now, I understand some people my only have one chance to experience Disney World, and would like to keep a permanent momento of their vacation, but for the complete enjoyment of others in the park, I feel it should stop.

Why?

Nothing is more annoying than people taking flash picture on a dark ride, especially after your eyes have adjusted to the dark. This also goes for people video taping with a light source or with a backlighted monitor.

It totally ruins the experience.

People also taking pictures/video also tend to be all over the place in the ride vehicle as well, being mildly disruptive. I should not have to deal with that.

And some people try to sell ride films for profit, which I find deplorable.

Yes, you can have people not using flash or light sources, but now it seems they are few and far between, so I would personally prohibit all forms.

And when all is said and done, pictures and video just can't give you the true vision of the ride.

What do you think?

Jimmy Thick-Not fair, but neither is life...

Well..... its a fine line.

Genie is out of the bottle. So you cant stop it. There's no way to ban this at all.

Disney has already banned FLASH photography on rides. Those of us who photograph in the parks regularly know this and do our best to avoid distracting guests from the ride/attraction/experience. No one has ever paid to watch me photograph anything - concerts, sports, etc. They come for whatever their ticket says.

I am completely against those selling DVDs of the attractions. Its one thing to document and film these rides with the intention of releasing it to the world. Its another thing to profit from it. I cannot stand that behavior as well as the continued "media" access by some of those individuals.

So what in essence you're wanting to ban is rude, discourteous guests who pay no mind nor attention to the rules. And I'm fine with that.

I disagree with you assertion that photos cannot give you the true vision of the ride.

openendedsky

Well..... its a fine line.

Genie is out of the bottle. So you cant stop it. There's no way to ban this at all.

Disney has already banned FLASH photography on rides. Those of us who photograph in the parks regularly know this and do our best to avoid distracting guests from the ride/attraction/experience. No one has ever paid to watch me photograph anything - concerts, sports, etc. They come for whatever their ticket says.

I am completely against those selling DVDs of the attractions. Its one thing to document and film these rides with the intention of releasing it to the world. Its another thing to profit from it. I cannot stand that behavior as well as the continued "media" access by some of those individuals.

So what in essence you're wanting to ban is rude, discourteous guests who pay no mind nor attention to the rules. And I'm fine with that.

I disagree with you assertion that photos cannot give you the true vision of the ride.
I don't understand why not using flash photography is such an issue to some people, though I have been guilty of accidentally setting my flash off inside the boarding area for Haunted Mansion.

But, honestly, there are enough HIGH quality on ride videos of almost every ride at this point that I feel like doing that is almost unnecessary at this point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom