Picking up Birthday Fun Card

MaterA113

Original Poster
I will be going to Epcot on January 30 and staying the weekend with my family, and my dad is celebrating his birthday and we are Annual Passholders. We will be going to Le Cellier for dinner on friday. My question is Do you have to pick up your birthday fun card at MK guest services, or can we pick it up at any of the theme park guest services? I would like to plan enough time if we have to go from MK to Le Cellier.

Thanks in advance.

LeeLee D

Hi!
Today is my AP buddy's bday and we spent it at The Studios. She picked up her card and Will Call. I think you can get them at any park.

We boated over to EPCOT because we both love Tuscan Soul perfume at Italy. She was pessimistic about using the card because so many places aren't taking them. At $80 a bottle, it's not something either of us would buy outright.

BIRTHDAY MIRACLE....they take the card! She ended up paying $10.00 for the bottle! I was a great day:sohappy:

GymLeaderPhil

Go to Will Call located at the TTC, Epcot, Studios, or Animal Kingdom vacation planning/ticket window. You must have your admission ticket to the park in addition to credentials (photo identification with birth date) in order to receive the Birthday Fun Card.

You cannot pick up your Birthday Fun Card at any of the resorts, water parks, golf courses, or Downtown Disney.

The Birthday Fun Card is valued at the price of an adult or child ticket depending upon the recipient. No expiration date, but they are shopping restrictions on where it can be used on property (mostly anyone who is an operating participant.) Valid only at Walt Disney World - it will not be accepted at any other Disney Resort (and vice-versa.)

JimboJones123

There is much misinformation given about these cards.

We were told

1. They can only be used at the park where you pick it up at.
2. You cannot use them at another park.
3. You cannot use them outside the park.
4. You must use it by midnight on the birthday, even if you are staying after midnight for EMH.
5. Card will be zeroed at midnight and won't be able to be used again.

We spent all but $11 on it and were going to let it go due to misinformation.

We tried it at our resort and were able to buy some jewlrey with no problem the next day. That automatically nullified all the misinformation that we were given.

se8472

There is much misinformation given about these cards.

We were told

1. They can only be used at the park where you pick it up at.
2. You cannot use them at another park.
3. You cannot use them outside the park.
4. You must use it by midnight on the birthday, even if you are staying after midnight for EMH.
5. Card will be zeroed at midnight and won't be able to be used again.

We spent all but $11 on it and were going to let it go due to misinformation.

We tried it at our resort and were able to buy some jewlrey with no problem the next day. That automatically nullified all the misinformation that we were given.

The thing is, at one point everything you listed was true.

GymLeaderPhil

The thing is, at one point everything you listed was true.
Exactly. They overlooked the fact that there are laws against gift cards that expire. That and probably the point-of-sale system was not equipped to differentiate between a Fun Card picked up in one park and then used at another. Which would have required manually printing of each card for each park and checking by the cashier.

I was surprised that the cards aren't valid at Disneyland if picked up at Walt Disney World. Was looking forward to shelving mine until our trip this spring. Oh well... I guess they appreciated around $80 in antenna topper sales. :lookaroun

patrickwalsh92

What if you want to get the fastpass that works for four attractions for like up to six people? Do I just bring my registration form and ID up and ask for the fastpass?

Horizonstta

We just picked on up for my son (age 4) on Monday. The card was for $63, didn't have an expiration date, and was useable most places on property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom