Photoshop Help

Michi4515

Original Poster
Does anyone know how,where and if I can download photoshop for free? Some of you guys have done absolutely amazing things with your pictures and I have a few that would look great with some of those color effects.

PLease help!

Thanks!!!

WDWFREAK53

Does anyone know how,where and if I can download photoshop for free? Some of you guys have done absolutely amazing things with your pictures and I have a few that would look great with some of those color effects.

PLease help!

Thanks!!!

Photoshop isn't a small program...it's a very in-depth program that is rather pricey. Simple effects can be done with a multitude of photo programs. I suggest you look for a different program that has a free download than going for the Adobe product. (I think it's upwards of $650).

I don't have any programs in mind...but I'm sure there are many that do the "Sepia, Black/White, and simple color changes (tint, brightness, etc.).

Michi4515

Original Poster
Photoshop isn't a small program...it's a very in-depth program that is rather pricey. Simple effects can be done with a multitude of photo programs. I suggest you look for a different program that has a free download than going for the Adobe product. (I think it's upwards of $650).

I don't have any programs in mind...but I'm sure there are many that do the "Sepia, Black/White, and simple color changes (tint, brightness, etc.).

o wow! Ok thanks I will look into it. Thanks a lot for your help!

Laura

Premium Member

PLease help!

Thanks!!!

I'm sure there are, but that would be illegal. I paid $800 for Photoshop CS. You can get Photoshop Elements (a skin and bones version) for $100ish.

dandaman

IrfanView is my weapon of choice. I normally just use it for cropping/resizing, but it also does simple things like sharpening, colour change/sepia/black-white, and pixellization for those anonymous MySpacers. :lol:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Paint.net is good, and it was originally supposed to be the next version of MS Paint. But that never happened.

GIMP is also good, but IMO is not the most user friendly alternative for those who don't know their way around a graphics program. GIMPShop is a good port, but IME, it's quite buggy.

A new one I've been trying out is Artweaver, and it's a fairly good clone of Photoshop.

Here's the info http://www.artweaver.de/index.php?en_version

As far as Photoshop goes. If you want it, buy it. I have the Adobe CS3 Master Collection, and consider the $2500 it cost me, a bargain, given how much use I've gotten from it and how much client work I've been able to do because of it.

Philo

i have heard good things about gimp being sort of like photoshop.

You need to be quite brave to use GIMP though. It's good, once you've figured it out and even then I find it quite unpredictable.

For starting out I would suggest downloading Picasa from google which lets you do some simple edits very easily. Another way is to use Photoshop express which is a basic, free version of photoshop. Only problem is that it's online only so it can be slow to upload your images and get started.

KeithVH

For a good UI and much of the power of PS, look at PaintShopPro. Quality program. Older versions can be had for $20-30. The latest seels for ~$50. But I've also seen some $25 rebates on the new versions too. You can also download complete trial versions, limited only by the # of days and not crippleware.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom