News PHOTOS - Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin switch to Mears shuttles for theme park transportation

RETLAW

Here is what the Swan and Dolphin website says about transportation to the parks. It could be just because the friendships are not running at the moment, or they will not be stopping there anymore. There is still a photo of the Friendship boat.

"Take a leisurely stroll to Epcot® and Disney's Hollywood Studios™ or take a shuttle bus to other areas and Disney resorts within Walt Disney World® Resort. The buses arrive at our hotel approximately every 20 – 30 minutes so you can come and go as you please with very little wait time."

Surferboy567

I was at the Magic Kingdom today, and the Swan and Dolphin busses were dropping off at TTC.
The Swan and Dolphin was no longer listed on the bus stop directory at MK.
This is terrible, and very disappointing. I am honestly, more angry about this then I thought I would be.

The Friendship boats are starting to worry me that when they come back will have a....revised route.

The only way to get this reversed is to complain. It obviously won’t do much but still it is something. Location is key for Swan and Dolphin.

Surferboy567

Assuming this switch puts bus unload into the third party bus areas now as opposed to the Disney loops? Biggest ouch is TTC instead of maingate MK, but it also puts them farther away at Studios, AK, and to a lesser extent Epcot.
What does it change for AK exactly?

EDIT: How far is probably the better question.

Surferboy567

AK's 3rd Party Bus Loop is a couple rows back in the parking lot to the left of the exit. Just beyond Uber and Lyft drop off, so it's not the worst change in the world.
All of the parks have Disney bus stops, and 3rd party bus stops.

The Swan / Dolphin busses will now pickup at the 3rd party along with the Disney Spring Resort busses.
Thank you both! Still sucks, that MK stop is especially nasty. Very unhappy with this change. Like I said above...didn’t think I would get this angry over this but here I am.

invader

Using DCL buses for other purposes isn’t new, a few of my high school field trips charter buses used them in the 00s.

dreamfinder

Just had a thought would this also effect Disney event transportation?

Such as runDisney races? Maybe not offering transportation from Swan and Dolphin.

That's always been handled by 3rd party regardless. Some events only had limited host hotels to begin with. So I suspect that runDisney enters into their own agreements with the hotels. Otherwise, expect to see a bunch of extra people at YC/BC getting buses there.

mgf

Assuming this switch puts bus unload into the third party bus areas now as opposed to the Disney loops? Biggest ouch is TTC instead of maingate MK, but it also puts them farther away at Studios, AK, and to a lesser extent Epcot.
This is a huge value loss for S&D, and we should judge this through the lens of S&D being classified as a Marriott Cat 6. Certainly there are still a lot of great features, but this falls short of a high end experience. Hope this is temporary. And even though this is a conference hotel predominately, easy of transportation for the non-conference tag along family members is a big deal in making this a destination draw.

From MK I would 100% walk to one of the other bus stops vs going over to TTC -- especially at close.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
This is a huge value loss for S&D, and we should judge this through the lens of S&D being classified as a Marriott Cat 6. Certainly there are still a lot of great features, but this falls short of a high end experience. Hope this is temporary. And even though this is a conference hotel predominately, easy of transportation for the non-conference tag along family members is a big deal in making this a destination draw.

From MK I would 100% walk to one of the other bus stops vs going over to TTC -- especially at close.
Absolutely. The value is still there for the S&D, you can get rooms for $160 bucks all in (taxes and fees) for Halloween weekend. If that means I have to walk to a $450 dollar hotel to save some valuable time, then so be it. It's not best situation, and I hope its temporary until the convention business can return but its not the end of the world either.

Epcot82Guy

Having stayed at S&D a couple of times now, this is really troubling news. While I know this isn't the case, it just keeps driving this feeling of one massive corporation (Marriot) fighting another (Disney) - all at lessening the value for the guests. After some very overpriced drinks at Jock's last night, I think my Disney days may finally be actually coming to an end (even as a new local).

tirian

Yes that has now changed today.
There’s the answer. It’s disappointing to see Swalphin guests treated this way, since the resorts are highly visible and have been included on WDW systems for decades—going back to the old WS tram route for Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom