PHOTOS - Town Square Theater FASTPASS now in service

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
It seems like the fast pass there might be out of place. Is that the case?

It is well tucked out of the way, I think a lot of people won't even notice it. It's also very well themed - it fits in great I think.

RSoxNo1

Very nice - I wonder if they'll go to the trend of Park specific paper in favor of the generic Fastpass paper in the future for things.

Also, who wants to get me first day passes?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
It's odd to see Fast Passes for such an event. I would imagine that they expect very long lines.

It is the first time that FASTPASS has been used for meet and greets. Character Spot and the former Judges Tent did used to attract lines regularly of 60 mins plus. Being in this high profile location will only boost that.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I think this is a great idea, MM is obviously a huge draw and if you can have the option not sit in a line for an hour (only to have him get "taken away" when you're 3 people from the main mouse that's even better.

The look and feel of the whole area I think is very cool.

David S.

Thanks for all the photos and info.

I have a question about how FP works for this location, in case I decide to go back for Easter.

I'm usually a big FP fan, but I stopped using it for Pooh, since the FP queue bypasses all the new theming added to the queue, and I like to get the "complete" experience. So I prefer to ride early or late in the day, when the standby line is short and I can experience the new queue without waiting long for the ride itself.

So my question is, is there a similar situation here, where using a FP to meet Mickey would cause one to miss any of the theming in the queue? Based on the photos of the interiors posted, I got the impression most of the theming of the M@G is actually inside the room where you meet the Mice, but not having seen it yet in person I am not entirely sure what, if anything, I would be missing by using a FP.

Also, having met Mickey tons of times at all 4 parks, my main motivation for wanting to do this has less to do with meeting Mickey, and more to do with wanting to explore the theming, props, and details found inside, to try to make up at least a little for losing all the great theming, props, and details that were once found inside the late, great, Mouse Homes, which were once a regular part of my days spent in the MK.

I am wondering if you are allowed to linger in the meeting area and look at all of the details, (as long as you are not in the way of other photos), or are you expected to leave quickly in order to push as many people through as quickly as possible, since they probably view meeting the Mice as the primary attraction and immersing oneself in the theming as secondary. (unlike Mickey and Minnie's Houses which were attractions in their own right, which could be explored at ones' own leisurely pace even if you didn't queue up to meet the Mice).

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks for all the photos and info.

I have a question about how FP works for this location, in case I decide to go back for Easter.

I'm usually a big FP fan, but I stopped using it for Pooh, since the FP queue bypasses all the new theming added to the queue, and I like to get the "complete" experience. So I prefer to ride early or late in the day, when the standby line is short and I can experience the new queue without waiting long for the ride itself.

So my question is, is there a similar situation here, where using a FP to meet Mickey would cause one to miss any of the theming in the queue? Based on the photos of the interiors posted, I got the impression most of the theming of the M@G is actually inside the room where you meet the Mice, but not having seen it yet in person I am not entirely sure what, if anything, I would be missing by using a FP.

Also, having met Mickey tons of times at all 4 parks, my main motivation for wanting to do this has less to do with meeting Mickey, and more to do with wanting to explore the theming, props, and details found inside, to try to make up at least a little for losing all the great theming, props, and details that were once found inside the late, great, Mouse Homes, which were once a regular part of my days spent in the MK.

I am wondering if you are allowed to linger in the meeting area and look at all of the details, (as long as you are not in the way of other photos), or are you expected to leave quickly in order to push as many people through as quickly as possible, since they probably view meeting the Mice as the primary attraction and immersing oneself in the theming as secondary. (unlike Mickey and Minnie's Houses which were attractions in their own right, which could be explored at ones' own leisurely pace even if you didn't queue up to meet the Mice).

The FASTPASS and standby lines go roughly through the same large queue area. If you want a good closeup look at the animated posters though, standby will be the best bet. As you say, most of the detail is in the backstage room with Mickey.

The details in the dressing room are very close to where the photos are taken, so I would imagine that you only have the time for your meet and greet to be in this area. They are going to start moving you out for the next group.

wizards8507

Are we expecting Mickey to be dressed like this the whole time, or will we see "different" Mickeys?

disney-hollywood-studios-address.jpg

DisneyDreamer08

Another question- I know with Fastpass rides, you don't have to use it during the hour window, just anytime during or after. Is that the case with the characters as well or do you have to come back during that hour? For some reason I see Fastpass slowing down character meet and greets, not speeding it up.

I was also wondering about Mickey's costume. When they first announced this would have a magician theme, I thought he would be dressed, well, as a magician...

Neverland

I would like this a lot more if it didn't count as an attraction fastpass. Not being able to get a fastpass for Splash because you already have a fastpass for a minute-long meet and greet just doesn't seem worth it to me. :/ And this is coming from someone who LOVES meet and greets.

NASAMan

I remember seeing that beautiful copper roof backstage and wondering what it was for! And as it weathers with a lovely green patina it will look even better!

We were told at training that FASTPASS would be strict to the times, at least until they see how things play out in practice.

Mickey and Minnie will wear they same outfit they did when in Toon Town. You'll see Mickey's magician suit hanging in the trunk with his magic hats and wands. Too bad you got there before he had a chance to change! :animwink:

DisneyDreamer08

Thanks NasaMan :)

Neverland, thats a good point. I too LOVE meet and greets but I agree, I would not waste a fastpass for one; I'd much rather save it for a ride.

Rozzie

Where will the "Smoking Area" be relocated now that the FP machines have moved to that area?

As of right now, I havent heard anything. They still have the one over between Plaza Restaurant and Terrace. (which i think should be moved due to it being in an eating area)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom