PHOTOS - Starbucks West Side concept art and construction pictures

FutureWorld1982

While I absolutely love the grass roof and the palm coming out of the entrance's roof, I dislike the industrial-looking style of the building itself. It looks way too simplistic and modern. Isn't Disney Springs supposed to reflect the "old Florida" style? This definitely goes against that.

WDWFREAK53

I'm in the "exterior facade" business and while I like the "modern" mixed with "natural" look...the "boxed out" accents are getting so tired. It seems like every project that comes across my desk has protruding "boxed out" elements to it. It does work here though. I'd have prefered the main building to have more natural elements to it rather than just the green roof and the boxed out wood element. Maybe the column should've been more "natural" to make it feel as if the industrial building is being supported by nature.

EDIT: I must not have looked hard enough...that isn't a column, it's a palm. So they DID make that element more natural. My bad.

Last edited:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'm in the "exterior facade" business and while I like the "modern" mixed with "natural" look...the "boxed out" accents are getting so tired. It seems like every project that comes across my desk has protruding "boxed out" elements to it. It does work here though. I'd have prefered the main building to have more natural elements to it rather than just the green roof and the boxed out wood element. Maybe the column should've been more "natural" to make it feel as if the industrial building is being supported by nature.
Come to work in the residential market up here in North Florida. About 90% of the houses I see come across my desk look like some version of the GF. I feel almost giddy when I see something with low slope cantilevers and boxy modern elements.

The Empress Lilly

I sorta appreciate the architecture for what it is, as contemporary design. (But part of thinks the empreror isn't wearing any clothes and it is just a concrete bunker with grass on top)

More important is: why would I cross the Atlantic to get the same cup of coffee I can get down the road in the same building as my local gas station down the next road?

To think that within a stone's throw distance Disney once served you coffee in a 19th century padddlewheel steamboat! That's what WDW is all about, not a collection of ordinary franchises in a mall with palm trees.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I sorta appreciate the architecture for what it is, as contemporary design. (But part of thinks the empreror isn't wearing any clothes and it is just a concrete bunker with grass on top)

More important is: why would I cross the Atlantic to get the same cup of coffee I can get down the road in the same building as my local gas station down the next road?

To think that within a stone's throw distance Disney once served you coffee in a 19th century padddlewheel steamboat! That's what WDW is all about, not a collection of ordinary franchises in a mall with palm trees.
You wouldn't, but sometimes it is nice to get the same coffee you love at home when you are a bit disheveled after you have crossed the Atlantic.

WDWFREAK53

Come to work in the residential market up here in North Florida. About 90% of the houses I see come across my desk look like some version of the GF. I feel almost giddy when I see something with low slope cantilevers and boxy modern elements.

Yeah, I didn't really take location into consideration. I love the style, but it's the same elements of that style used time and time again up in Boston.

cspencer96

Yeah, I didn't really take location into consideration. I love the style, but it's the same elements of that style used time and time again up in Boston.
Brutalist - such a fun and vibrant style, isn't it? This concept, however, does a good job of blending industrial elements with natural vegetation, and I feel like it will fit in well with its location.

Can't wait to have a White Mocha on the lake in the morning after my stroll from Saratoga! Love this!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom