PHOTOS - Polynesian Resort DVC construction

WDWtraveler

Polynesian Village Resort photo update as of Saturday, Jan 31. A new entrance is being built on the south easternmost lodge, which has been closed all during DVC construction. Note the new roof over the entrance and faux volcano rock walls lining the entrance path. The parking lot (visible from the monorail) was a construction holding area, but all that has been removed and new asphalt paving is underway. A cast member told me it could be open by sometime in March.

IMG_4673.JPG

IMG_4681.JPG

A new entrance is also being constructed on the long lodge being renovated across and facing the quiet pool. Note the concrete forms on either side of the entrance walkway.

IMG_4680.JPG

WDWtraveler

Polynesian Village Resort feature pool photo update as of Saturday, Jan 31.

The large area between the volcano and the Great Ceremonial House has revealed itself as a children's water play area. I believe the free-form "circular" area with the white drain will be a splash area with a rubber mat. Should be an entertaining view from the 'Ohana dining room, where this photo was taken. Note in the center background, you will see a gable roof over a new building behind the volcano. This is along the pier to the water transportation dock. This building will probably be the new recreation check-out hut/office.

IMG_4677.JPG

Finishing rock work is underway. On the far right side of the volcano behind the scaffolding, the volcano paint work has already started.

IMG_4675.JPG

The pool area to the right of the volcano is visible in the center of the below photo.

IMG_4678.JPG

The below photo was taken from the transportation boat dock into the sun. The view here is the back of the volcano, and the new recreation check-out building on the right behind the palm trees. The lake shoreline is in the foreground.

IMG_4679.JPG

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, Feb 6. Additional landscaping (palms trees, etc.) is being installed in the parking lot of this lodge building near the monorail line.

IMG_4753.JPG

IMG_4754.JPG

At the ground level drive-up entrance to The Polynesian Village Resort, work is beginning on the left side of the lobby entrance. The right side was always open and remains mostly original. The view below is from the second level monorail walkway, looking down into the area. Appears to be more rock work above the pond. The photo is confusing, as there is little to reference the location.

IMG_4755.JPG

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, Feb 26. The Polynesian Village Resort feature pool construction update. Photos from left to right. First two photos are the children's water play area. Note the volcano is painted dark brown now.

IMG_4891.JPG

IMG_4888.JPG

IMG_4889.JPG

In the final photo below, the construction wall has been repositioned towards the Great Ceremonial House (see existing pavement in center of photo) to expose a drop-down from this level to the pavement being laid at pool level.

IMG_4890.JPG

Finally, here is an overhead photo of the feature being constructed at the Polynesian Village Resort front entrance, left side as you enter.

IMG_4892.JPG

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Any pics available of the bathroom and kitchenette in the villas?
When I toured the studio model, I was not allowed to take pictures.

The "kitchenette" consists of a small microwave above a small sink. Under the sink is the fridge, the same small size used in all the resorts.

There are two bathrooms, adjacent to each other. The first bathroom as you enter the room has a single sink, tub with shower and a toilet (which seems to be floating in the middle of nowhere.) The second bathroom has a single sink and a stall shower. Bathroom #2 had a pocket door, not sure about bathroom #1.

flyerjab

Photo update as of Thursday, Feb 26. The Polynesian Village Resort feature pool construction update. Photos from left to right. First two photos are the children's water play area. Note the volcano is painted dark brown now.

View attachment 84519

View attachment 84520

View attachment 84521

In the final photo below, the construction wall has been repositioned towards the Great Ceremonial House (see existing pavement in center of photo) to expose a drop-down from this level to the pavement being laid at pool level.

View attachment 84522

Finally, here is an overhead photo of the feature being constructed at the Polynesian Village Resort front entrance, left side as you enter.

View attachment 84528

The new volcano pool looks sooooo much better than the previous version.

Clamman73

View attachment 84519

View attachment 84520

View attachment 84521

View attachment 84522

View attachment 84528
The last picture...where is that taken from? The walkway to the monorail?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I had to look that one up. If I ever knew that term from geography I had forgotten it long ago :)
How many other volcanos (which erupt) does Disney have on property? (RFC, inside the Mexico Pavilion, Tiki Room, Universe of Energy ... and many more I'm missing I'm sure) I like the new formation... I mean, fumarole.

I try to make at least some of my posts educational :)

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, Mar 6. Feature pool area of the Polynesian Village Resort. Viewed from left to right.

IMG_4947.JPG

IMG_4944.JPG

IMG_4945.JPG

IMG_4946.JPG

A ground level view through the open gate, with artists/workers putting final touches on a rock formation. Good view of the volcano in the background.

IMG_4943.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom