PHOTOS - New improved Epcot Christmas Tree now on display

ToTBellHop

Looks nice. There are several nice updates to the Christmas decorations this year (Osborne lights look great!).

Noticed a pattern:

1) Disney made progressive cuts to holiday offerings
2) Over the last couple years, the fan base has finally become vocal over their distaste of these reductions
3) Now we are seeing additions and updates made

Hopefully, holding Disney to their standards in other areas (and complimenting them when we notice an improvement) can produce similar results elsewhere.

Main Street USA

Looks great! Would really love to see it from a distance...say through some white, beautifully lit archways that gently dance to beautiful Christmas music.

Sorry...had to be done.

hpyhnt 1000

Oh yay...it only took them how many years to realize they should fill in the bottom of the tree? Maybe in a few decades we'll get a few presents at the base again. :brick:

The new lighting with the 3 LED bulbs sounds promising, though. It'd be neat to see it change colors and have different light patterns. If they were really clever, they could even time it to music (if that's not obsolete yet).

Bah Humbug! :xmas:

PhilharMagician

Looks like crap! I want the old stageback with the Christmas presents under the tree along with the Lights of Winter and the lighting of the tree ceremony.

Ok since I am not getting that back, I guess it looks better than last year. I am still not compromising here.

Now this is what I am talking about. :D

IMG_15091.JPG

IMG_1268.JPG

IMG_1267.JPG

TheDisneyMagic

Of course I would love to see the lighting ceremony return along with the Lights of Winter but I am still glad the base has been filled in. Looks much better, I hope they don't have the same electrical problems this year with it.

On a side note, watched Mickey's Twas the night before Christmas show a few times today. I forgot just how wonderful that was.

HMF

Of course I would love to see the lighting ceremony return along with the Lights of Winter but I am still glad the base has been filled in. Looks much better, I hope they don't have the same electrical problems this year with it.

On a side note, watched Mickey's Twas the night before Christmas show a few times today. I forgot just how wonderful that was.

Someone from TDO is probably reading this and thinking "they consider it good enough, why bother replacing the Lights of Winter".

WDW Vacationer

This is actually not an improvement.

The gap was there because of a stage. A stage that held Epcot's Christmas tree lighting ceremony. Which also kicked off the Lights of Winter for the evening.

So we lost a stage show, and the lights. But hey, no gap! :sohappy:

:rolleyes:

jjharvpro

This is definitely an improvement; the bushes at the base of the tree just looked so out of place. Hope that we will someday see the Lights of Winter again (lucky my family and I got the chance to see it!)

PhilharMagician

Thanks, you had to bring that up! Well we know that will not be back since MK does no have a theater to show it anymore. :hammer: It was no broadway caliber show, but it was cute and festive and it really was nice to sit down during the MVMCP and enjoy the show. At least we have stitch now.

maxairmike

Did they actually add another level, or just bring the whole setup down to the ground? It is hard to tell from the pictures, but the top looks lower than last year from what I remember.

jt04

Agreed. But it is an improvement over last year!

Everything is better than last year. DAK has a new baby Okapi and Disneyland got some new baby ducks. Heh. :cool:

I can't wait to see what those LED lights can do when unleashed. Should be cool. :xmas:

PalisadesPkteer

If they really want to get me there and excited about it then..

BRING BACK THE LIGHTS OF WINTER

While you're at it, put back the Garden of Peace. These 2 things would go a long way in getting not just myself but countless others to return to EPCOT for the holidays.

Improving the storytellers stage areas to what they once had also wouldn't hurt.

wdw71fan

LoW has gone the route of Horizons, World of Motions, and (dare I say it?) Adventurers Club...

it's gone, and won't be back.. I can tell you that the LoW armatures have been slated to be laid to rest in the landfill for well over a year.. It just hasn't been done yet..

But... Can I say "I told you so" about the new tree lighting this year?

Now, if we could only get a little more festive around easter again....... Hmmmmmmmmmm :zipit:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom