PHOTOS - New bag check areas greatly enhance Magic Kingdom arrival experience

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
They're actually patting people down now? Seriously? You had to have hands placed upon you to ride the monorail? I didn't realize it had come to this.

Disney security asked my DW to lift her shirt the other day right after bag check rather than use his wand because the person behind her got too close to the scanner with his stuff and caused it to go off. Security didn't notice, but I did. Did they check any of the strollers though? Nope.

Disney security asked my DW to lift her shirt the other day right after bag check rather than use his wand because the person behind her got too close to the scanner with his stuff and caused it to go off. Security didn't notice, but I did. Did they check any of the strollers though? Nope.
She was told to lift her shirt exposing bare skin? Or was she wearing multiple layers of clothing and was asked to move a bulky over garment?
I'm just trying to wrap my head around this all.

One layer, and they got bare skin. They wanted to see her belt but she wasn't wearing a belt.
I can't imagine that she enjoyed starting her day that way but I'm glad at least she wasn't asked to lift it all the way up. They really need to be careful here because something like this could go too far. Even at the airport they ask before they touch (referring back to the poster above who said she was patted down for the monorail) and they take you aside in private if skin needs to be exposed.

Note to self: remove belt before going through scanner

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I can't imagine that she enjoyed starting her day that way but I'm glad at least she wasn't asked to lift it all the way up. They really need to be careful here because something like this could go too far. Even at the airport they ask before they touch (referring back to the poster above who said she was patted down for the monorail) and they take you aside in private if skin needs to be exposed.

I'm actually dumbfounded by how poor the TTC security theater is.

disney4life2008

Here is the problem. Removing belts and shows will become irritating. But i have a feeling we aren't too far away from that.

He should have used the wand first, it wouldn't have gone off and she would have been saved some needless embarrassment.
I agree. It sounds like they've lost all regard for how people feel after being handled this way. I used to get really upset when they'd touch everything in my bag (including sterile baby items) with their unwashed hands. Now that part doesn't even make me blink. It's not good when we become numb.

Kman101

It sounds like they aren't being trained properly, which doesn't surprise me. They throw people into positions they shouldn't be in. I've yet to encounter an issue with security. Not discounting those who have though. I've yet to be pulled aside or wanded, but I go through no bag, empty my pockets, walk through the scanner and go about my day. I'll wear a belt one day and see what happens LOL

Goofyernmost

Yes, can you imagine what the world is coming to, that we have to expose our belt to the world! My god... the humanity. We, however, have had to do that for quite a while now at airports and not just show the belt but take it off endangering the public of a travesty if my pants were to fall down. Where will it end? (Around your ankles is the answer. No need to Google)

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Yes, can you imagine what the world is coming to, that we have to expose our belt to the world! My god... the humanity. We, however, have had to do that for quite a while now at airports and not just show the belt but take it off endangering the public of a travesty if my pants were to fall down. Where will it end? (Around your ankles is the answer. No need to Google)

Good job letting everything go right over your head there. :hilarious:

rob0519

So, I can't find the answer in this 24 page thread. How are the lines at the CR and GF? This pictures show only one metal detector and with literally thousands of guests trying to get to the parks each morning, I'm thinking the backups must be incredible or has that been addressed in the last month?

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Thanks for the answer. I really didn't want to google that :jawdrop: ;)

Goofyernmost

Good job letting everything go right over your head there. :hilarious:
Nothing went over my head. You, however, made it sound like she had to strip for them to see the belt. If she showed skin she was the one pulling up the shirt, not them. Keep things real and we won't have any disagreement. They will eventually do like Universal and everyone will be putting all their belongings in those plastic containers (including belts) running them through the x-ray machine and then all will be going through metal detectors. It is the only way to keep from having people feel that they are being singled out due to gender or race.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Nothing went over my head. You, however, made it sound like she had to strip for them to see the belt. If she showed skin she was the one pulling up the shirt, not them. Keep things real and we won't have any disagreement. They will eventually do like Universal and everyone will be putting all their belongings in those plastic containers (including belts) running them through the x-ray machine and then all will be going through metal detectors. It is the only way to keep from having people feel that they are being singled out due to gender or race.

I did not do any such thing, but there's no surprise to see you try and spin it to make it look like my DW did something wrong. I bet that made you feel really good about yourself.

They should run everything through an x-ray and everyone through a metal detector. It's just theater as it is now.

Goofyernmost

I did not do any such thing, but there's no surprise to see you try and spin it to make it look like my DW did something wrong. I bet that made you feel really good about yourself.

They should run everything through an x-ray and everyone through a metal detector. It's just theater as it is now.
Stop being a dork. I did not blame your wife for anything. But, you blamed security for what sounded like an evil thing. A belt is not evil. I realize it was just a normal exaggeration that most of us are guilty of from time to time, but, wording the way you worded it, you made it sound like asking to see a belt or not see one, was some type of immoral request for the people who are in charge of attempting to keep us safe from harm. At least we agree that it is time for Disney to crap or get off the pot. Either take security seriously or stop even trying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom