PHOTOS - Latest look at Disney's Grand Floridian DVC Resort construction

tl77

it's 6 stoires of rooms, plus maybe 3 more for the highest points of the roof, here's the concept art

Disney_s+Grand+Floridian+Resort+Expansion+-+Exterior.jpg

alissafalco

All DVC resorts have availability to non-DVC members by paying for rooms like a regular resort reservation, based on availability.

I'm just curious about this, but sometimes the Boardwalk Villas come up on the WDW website in the regular packages. I was wondering if I booked a villa would I still get room/cleaning service?

yoyoflamingo

I'm just curious about this, but sometimes the Boardwalk Villas come up on the WDW website in the regular packages. I was wondering if I booked a villa would I still get room/cleaning service?

If you are paying cash for the rooms, you receive housekeeping service. It's only DVC members on points who have to pay extra for it.

Tom

Beta Return
I'll hand it to Disney when it comes to the materials and designs of their buildings. This hotel is completely cast-in-place concrete. Significantly more expensive than if they just stood up a structural steel building and built some block walls around it.

They build things to last. Sure, the details and finishes will become worn, but no manufacturer has yet to develop interior or exterior finishes that last forever.

A lot of us knock on Disney for going cheap when it comes to overall projects, but when you look at it on a micro-scale, instead of a macro one, they spend the money wisely on construction. These are truly 100-year buildings. Most commercial buildings aren't built to last "100 years" like they once were.

Jim Handy

I'll hand it to Disney when it comes to the materials and designs of their buildings. This hotel is completely cast-in-place concrete. Significantly more expensive than if they just stood up a structural steel building and built some block walls around it.

They build things to last. Sure, the details and finishes will become worn, but no manufacturer has yet to develop interior or exterior finishes that last forever.

A lot of us knock on Disney for going cheap when it comes to overall projects, but when you look at it on a micro-scale, instead of a macro one, they spend the money wisely on construction. These are truly 100-year buildings. Most commercial buildings aren't built to last "100 years" like they once were.
I had always hoped DVC wouldn't be around for 100 more years so that's a bummer. Too bad they can't put that much effort in making sure every part of their rides and attractions will last and work...or at least fix them when they don't...

Fractal514

I think it looks great and will be a welcome addition to the DVC resorts and end up looking nice on Seven Seas Lagoon. I don't understand why people are so against DVC. I keep hearing folks who say they should be building non-DVC resorts or spending the money in the parks instead, but I'm pretty sure these are budgeted separately from park improvements and if there was sufficient demand, I'm sure they would build non-DVC hotels.

I think folks who don't have DVC like to bash it because it's something they aren't a part of.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom