PHOTOS - Huge Fantasyland construction site update (7 Nov)

Pluto'sGrl

Thanks for the update! Can someone tell me what I'm looking at in photos 20 (to the right of the two tents) and 21 behind the speedway? Is that the train station?

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Thanks for the update! Can someone tell me what I'm looking at in photos 20 (to the right of the two tents) and 21 behind the speedway? Is that the train station?

That is the queue for the Dueling Dumbo. If you look at the concept art, it is a double arch coming from a center tent.

djkidkaz

I wonder if they are pushing to get the main train open earlier than the timeframe that was mentioned here? Last we heard 2013 was the estimate on it, anyone know if that is still accurate? Or are they trying to get it done by the time Beast & Mermaid are ready to open?

hpyhnt 1000

I wonder if they are pushing to get the main train open earlier than the timeframe that was mentioned here? Last we heard 2013 was the estimate on it, anyone know if that is still accurate? Or are they trying to get it done by the time Beast & Mermaid are ready to open?

SDMT won't be done with Beast and Mermaid.

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Wow. The circus tents are stripped completely bare now. Impressive. Also, photo 18 shows a pond/pool shaped cutout in the cement. I really wish I knew what they were doing in this area. Very strange.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Wow. The circus tents are stripped completely bare now. Impressive. Also, photo 18 shows a pond/pool shaped cutout in the cement. I really wish I knew what they were doing in this area. Very strange.

I'm still guessing that it's left over from when the planter that was there and they are working on patching it up.

Dan

ob1thx1138

I'm still guessing that it's left over from when the planter that was there and they are working on patching it up.

Dan

I agree, they are probably doing a nice high quality cement job here so that they do not have to do any work in this area while adjacent areas are walled off for construction of the castle walls. Traffic flow is going to be tight on busy days in this area anyway once they close portions of the walk way to build the castle wall. If they had to do work in this area as well it would just make that problem much worse.

Magenta Panther

Hmmm...so is Be Our Guest's entrance going to be within the rockwork? We enter through the rocks into the restaurant's interior? (Kind of like the way we enter the Bug's Life show under the Tree of Life?)

Great pics by the way. Thanks so much!

Rob562

Hmmm...so is Be Our Guest's entrance going to be within the rockwork? We enter through the rocks into the restaurant's interior? (Kind of like the way we enter the Bug's Life show under the Tree of Life?)

Great pics by the way. Thanks so much!

Correct. Look beyond the backhoe in Pic 4, and you can see the arches (some still have yellow insulation visible).

-Rob

jt04

It is just going to be amazing.

And work sure has picked up suddenly. I wonder why? It is not as if another theme park has opened recently and created a bit of competition or anything.
Oh wait........nevermind.

The power of the lego. :)

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

And work sure has picked up suddenly. I wonder why? It is not as if another theme park has opened recently and created a bit of competition or anything.

Work hasn't "picked up" suddenly. There's plenty of there photo updates around to confirm that.

And enough of the Legoland conspiracy theory. Like it or not, one is not tied to the other. As Steve (and countless others) have confirmed.....

As the two original tents are stripped bare, it appears that the new Dumbo tent is being fitted with its new blue and white striped colors... In pics 13 and 14.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

If Disney was going to "react" to Legoland why wouldn't they have picked up the pace when the park was first announced instead of waiting until it opened? That just doesn't make sense.

I don't know that the site is actually any busier then it has been, but it might look that way since a lot more work in being done closer to the construction wall then in the past.

Dan

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom