PHOTOS - Fantasyland's new Mine Train coaster gets concrete foundation and tunnel

hockeyfran

Definitely seems like there are moving fast on the coaster. Does anyone else think it seems like the work on the rocks outside TLM and BaTB has slowed to a snails pace? I can't wait for this whole area to be open.

Hopefully they are ahead of schedule!!:D

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Good point. Look at ToT for example. It is IMO the best themed/designed ride at WDW, but a lot of people are afraid to ride it.

Like me!

Finally went on TOT last year after 4 trips and 4 to DLP!

Amazing AMAZING attraction :sohappy:

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
It really is. I think it's a perfect attraction. Everything from the ride system to the theming to the cast members it's all around perfect.

Agreed!!

Its Very hard to find a flaw!

Def in my top 3 attractions on property :D

Murphketeer

Good point. Look at ToT for example. It is IMO the best themed/designed ride at WDW, but a lot of people are afraid to ride it.

Thanks, another thing to consider. Many people seem to forget what the first plan looked like. Adding this coaster here was a huge improvement to the plan. It's going to fit into the "kiddie" area of the park well.

Neverland

I'm still hearing early 2014 for the mine coaster, no matter how fast construction appears to be moving. We have to remember that once Mermaid and Beast open next year, the mine train is gonna be an island of construction, and it'll be much harder to bring in materials/workers/construction vehicles. I get the feeling that construction on it may slow down a LOT next year.

cbconglom

I'm still hearing early 2014 for the mine coaster, no matter how fast construction appears to be moving. We have to remember that once Mermaid and Beast open next year, the mine train is gonna be an island of construction, and it'll be much harder to bring in materials/workers/construction vehicles. I get the feeling that construction on it may slow down a LOT next year.

Yeah I'd rather they have mermaid be a dead end and have to walk around then for construction to slow. They could have a path from backstage between the back of mermaid and the tent

ob1thx1138

I am thinking you are right. There is no need to close off the access to the mine train. You just wont be able to walk from mermaid to the circus land.

Jimini

Utilidor

Don't know if this has been brought up but.....will there be an access point for CM's to enter the tunnel system in the new FL area?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Don't know if this has been brought up but.....will there be an access point for CM's to enter the tunnel system in the new FL area?

I believe the only addition to the utilidors was a small section to connect to the Enchanted Tales with Belle attraction.

Rob562

I believe the only addition to the utilidors was a small section to connect to the Enchanted Tales with Belle attraction.

Correct. When the Cinderella and Aurora M&G "experiences" were still in the plans, that tunnel was much longer to get CMs to the island in the middle. But now that it'll just be Attraction CMs for the Mine Ride that need access, they'll just have to walk through the park to get backstage.

There is still some backstage access within the Expansion, though. There's a lower level in the BATB complex that has a truck loading dock and both stair and elevator access in the kitchen area. I'd presume that's how CMs at the restaurant would get to/from their work location. It just requires a short outdoor walk between the Utilidor entrance and the BATB building. There may even be access through the lower level of the Belle M&G part of the complex to the tunnel extension.

There will most likely also be some kind of route to the access road near the bathrooms in Belle's Village.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom