PHOTOS - Fantasyland's new Mine Train coaster gets concrete foundation and tunnel

jt04

Wow!

I have a different take. I do not think that tunnel is for the mine train. It looks to me like an arched support for a landscaped area of the FLE that will allow the water to circulate over to the dwarf mountain water features. It is a "bridge" in function only. Picture trees, landscaping and walkways above it. The arch design being necessary to support the weight.

Just a theory.

And don't even get me started on the train station! :lol:

Truly amazing photos.

Atomicmickey

I do not suppose that we can really know, but it just feels to me like they're really kicked this into gear, perhaps accelerating the opening time? With no knowledge of the true schedule (or construction, for that matter), just a gut feeling I get when I'm seeing this stuff happen so fast.

Oh, well. Time will tell.

Maybe they need to get done bulldozing so they can drive that equipment on over to AK or something . . .

jt04

I do not suppose that we can really know, but it just feels to me like they're really kicked this into gear, perhaps accelerating the opening time? With no knowledge of the true schedule (or construction, for that matter), just a gut feeling I get when I'm seeing this stuff happen so fast.

Oh, well. Time will tell.

Maybe they need to get done bulldozing so they can drive that equipment on over to AK or something . . .

I have said it for awhile now but I really believe it has to do with Legoland.

cbconglom

yeah the arched tunnel is the bridge to belle's village you can see it cleary in the high res art

bridge.png

Lee

Adventurer
It's a bridge.
It will cross the stream that runs from the BatB area over to the Mine Train, and will be the western access to the rear of the FLE.

Edit: Beat me to it. Took me too long to cut that little bit of plan!:lol:

Attachments

• bridge d.jpg
    bridge d.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 174

djkidkaz

Any idea on how big the show building for this is going to be? It seems like the majority of the ride is outside.

Lee

Adventurer
in the concept art it looks like it goes inside 5 times.. has this changed?

Definately not 5 times.
Station is indoors.
Lift A/first mine scene is indoors.
Second mine/Lift B is indoors.
That looks to be it, based on the layout I have.

cbconglom

Definately not 5 times.
Station is indoors.

oh sorry, guess you have posted that before silly me. so then i wonder if it will look like the concept art at all...

Scuttle

Definately not 5 times.
Station is indoors.

I thought the model at the D23 showed one of the lifts outside? Am I mistaken?

Scuttle

Is that a lift or is that just a big hill the train goes up?

Attachments

• model-mine-train-close.jpg
    model-mine-train-close.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 167

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom