PHOTOS - Disney reveals new lobby design and Trader Sam's lounge for the Polynesian

note2001

No one has mentioned how noisy the demolition is going to be. I realize that it's a wait and see type deal, but I can't picture them removing the current planter without the use of a jackhammer. Middle of the night would most likely be when they do it. Those front desk CMs who have to be there in for the night hours will need ear protection.

ssidiouss@mac.c

I see they have planters with flowers and bushes etc around the new designed lobby.. to save the fountain/water feel and sound/ambiance.. they could have used water falling from the ceiling into these planters.. like rain coming down. Some rain forrest cafes use this effect on a smaller scale.. it could have been done and would have really been something neat to behold/listen to when coming into the poly. There was no need to remove the water effect.. they could even have kept the new layout exactly how they want it but just added an effect similar to what i said but they don't want to spend the cash. blah

xstech25

Its great to see everyone already hates it even though it isn't even built yet :happy:.

I agree the construction looks tacky, but the people here that complain about when Disney doesn't do heavy construction because they are afraid of complaints, when they actually do it, it's all the same people complaining! It's a good thing you guys weren't at California Adventure from 2008-2012, the place was a giant maze of construction walls!

Last edited:

MerlinTheGoat

To simply point out how childish some are acting over this. Throwing fits accomplishes nothing.
And what pray tell do you think insulting members here by claiming they're immature and "throwing tantrums" is going to accomplish? All your comment did was attempt to derail the topic and incite a flamewar among people in this topic, consequently diverting attention slightly away from the topic at hand so that posters here antagonize one another instead of directing that vitriol at the foolish executives who approved this abomination. The only ones who actually deserve the negativity (and i'm sure they're happy whenever such diversions occur). Leave that flamebait garbage out of this, it has no purpose here.

EDIT: Looks like this isn't the first time this guy has pulled this nonsense. He's been called out for doing this before (by a mod no less)-
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...ions-thoughts-iv.870129/page-241#post-5665764

Its great to see everyone already hates it even though it isn't even built yet :happy:.

I agree the construction looks tacky, but the people here that complain about when Disney doesn't do heavy construction because they are afraid of complaints, when they actually do it, it's all the same people complaining!
We already know what it's going to look like. We don't have to wait to see how it turns out when the concept art shows in explicit detail what is happening. Of course people are going to complain (rightfully so) when Disney negates an integral part of the Polynesian's theme without there being an acceptable substitute in place. People (again rightfully) complain when Disney doesn't keep the parks fresh and make constant improvements. But I cannot fathom how ANYONE who isn't a paid drone of the company could POSSIBLY see this as an improvement. It has to be POSITIVE construction work.

They are not building something better, they are merely removing an intricate and beloved water and landscaping feature that is pretty much unanimously adored by most Disney fans and replacing it with a largely empty space and only a couple of small and bland planters. If Disney is going to make a change to the parks or resorts, much thought needs to go into it to ensure that the change is an improvement over what was there prior. People give Disney proper praise when they've earned this (a recent example being the Festival of Fantasy parade). This Polynesian lobby refurbishment deserves no one's praise.

Last edited:

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
And what pray tell do you think insulting members here by claiming they're immature and "throwing tantrums" is going to accomplish? All your comment did was attempt to derail the topic and incite a flamewar among people in this topic, consequently diverting attention slightly away from the topic at hand so that posters here antagonize one another instead of directing that vitriol at the foolish executives who approved this abomination. The only ones who actually deserve the negativity (and i'm sure they're happy whenever such diversions occur). Leave that flamebait garbage out of this, it has no purpose here.

EDIT: Looks like this isn't the first time this guy has pulled this nonsense. He's been called out for doing this before (by a mod no less)-
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...ions-thoughts-iv.870129/page-241#post-5665764

We already know what it's going to look like. We don't have to wait to see how it turns out when the concept art shows in explicit detail what is happening. Of course people are going to complain (rightfully so) when Disney negates an integral part of the Polynesian's theme without there being an acceptable substitute in place. People (again rightfully) complain when Disney doesn't keep the parks fresh and make constant improvements. But I cannot fathom how ANYONE who isn't a paid drone of the company could POSSIBLY see this as an improvement. It has to be POSITIVE construction work.

They are not building something better, they are merely removing an intricate and beloved water and landscaping feature that is pretty much unanimously adored by most Disney fans and replacing it with a largely empty space and only a couple of small and bland planters. If Disney is going to make a change to the parks or resorts, much thought needs to go into it to ensure that the change is an improvement over what was there prior. People give Disney proper praise when they've earned this (a recent example being the Festival of Fantasy parade). This Polynesian lobby refurbishment deserves no one's praise.

How about no more mold and mildew problem in the GCH as an improvement. How about CM not working in a sick building. You don't have to spend more than 2 minutes inside the GCH to know that there is clearly an issue with the air quality in that building.

Was it nice in the day? Yeah I guess, but thing change. There are a lot of what you term "positive" construction work going on at the poly. Maybe you're turned off by the fact that it is DVC driven, but as DVC member I am excited over the improvements coming. Now clearly you have no faith that Disney does anything right, as indicated by your rhetoric, but I will keep an open mind and wait until everything is done. At the end of the day, if you still don't like it, don't go. Show Disney they screwed up by not spending your money there.

Cesar R M

I agree. I spoke to the bellboy and the lady that works at the second floor store and they were not fond of the change. However the front desk CM said she is okay with the change and even said the oft-repeated line "This resort seems stuck in the 70's." Boy I'd do anything to keep it 70's.
I bet she would say "Oh dang, this magic kingdom reeks of old fairy tales and medival times.. they should update it!"
:bored:

Cesar R M

How about no more mold and mildew problem in the GCH as an improvement. How about CM not working in a sick building. You don't have to spend more than 2 minutes inside the GCH to know that there is clearly an issue with the air quality in that building.

Was it nice in the day? Yeah I guess, but thing change. There are a lot of what you term "positive" construction work going on at the poly. Maybe you're turned off by the fact that it is DVC driven, but as DVC member I am excited over the improvements coming. Now clearly you have no faith that Disney does anything right, as indicated by your rhetoric, but I will keep an open mind and wait until everything is done. At the end of the day, if you still don't like it, don't go. Show Disney they screwed up by not spending your money there.
as this mold thing been confirmed?

also air quality would be more related to AC units than a fountain imho.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom