PHOTOS - Disney Quest at Downtown Disney West Side getting new paint job

Cmdr_Crimson

Didn't they learn from The Simpsons when the Stone Cutters painted a building A Beautiful Sky Blue..
tumblr_mgz6xeAjat1s32n64o1_500.png

I do hope they bring back this design as it looked like it was ripping a hole in the side of the building or at least something..
tumblr_m7avf4SYmz1rn4zelo1_500.png

djkidkaz

I would assume they are going to be doing some renovations and updating Disney Quest. Probably putting some new games and experiences inside.

Bolt

I would assume they are going to be doing some renovations and updating Disney Quest. Probably putting some new games and experiences inside.

They regularly are adding new games in there. They added about 15 new games last month, even.

WDWFan_Boston

After I went last year, I swore I'd never go back until they completely remodel the place. For $50 a person, the upkeep of the games is awful. Although they change the arcade games out fairly often, their big "E-ticket" games (I'm not sure what else to call them) look and feel so outdated and old. It feels like the place hasn't gotten any love since it opened around the turn of the century.

I absolutely loved DisneyQuest when it first opened, but I feel like time has passed it by, especially for the price.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Bring on the ESPN Zone rumors :)

EDIT: side-note - we went into ESPN Zone when we were at Downtown Disney California in May - I think that would really work in Downtown Disney Orlando. Probably not right next to the bowling alley - but it could work.

WDWFan_Boston

Bring on the ESPN Zone rumors :)

EDIT: side-note - we went into ESPN Zone when we were at Downtown Disney California in May - I think that would really work in Downtown Disney Orlando. Probably not right next to the bowling alley - but it could work.

Not sure if a ESPN Zone would work, especially with the Club already at WDW. I know the ESPN Zone is a much bigger version, but not sure that the demand would be there. Plus, ESPN Zone's are not opening anymore, they are closing. If I'm not mistaken, Anaheim is the only remaining location.

That being said, if they put one in DTD, I'd visit!

MOXOMUMD

Not sure if a ESPN Zone would work, especially with the Club already at WDW. I know the ESPN Zone is a much bigger version, but not sure that the demand would be there. Plus, ESPN Zone's are not opening anymore, they are closing. If I'm not mistaken, Anaheim is the only remaining location.

That being said, if they put one in DTD, I'd visit!
There are two. Anaheim and L.A. We went to the one in Inner Harbor Baltimore when it first opened and thought it was pretty cool.

Cosmic Commando

There are two. Anaheim and L.A. We went to the one in Inner Harbor Baltimore when it first opened and thought it was pretty cool.
I have heard since the time of the quoted post that the LA one closed. The only one left in existence is in DtD Anaheim. I'm not sure if that means the concept can't work, or if it only works at a place like a DtD, but there you have it.

A mural or something on the outside would help; I think one the biggest problems with DisneyQuest is that it's just a giant box that doesn't really communicate what's going on inside. I think they could have put a Barnstormer-or-bigger coaster in there somewhere and had it go outside for part of the ride. People would "get" that.

WDWFan_Boston

I have heard since the time of the quoted post that the LA one closed. The only one left in existence is in DtD Anaheim. I'm not sure if that means the concept can't work, or if it only works at a place like a DtD, but there you have it.

A mural or something on the outside would help; I think one the biggest problems with DisneyQuest is that it's just a giant box that doesn't really communicate what's going on inside. I think they could have put a Barnstormer-or-bigger coaster in there somewhere and had it go outside for part of the ride. People would "get" that.
Respectfully, I beg to differ. After paying $50 per person for a glorified arcade, it's what's on the inside that is the problem. The big games haven't truly been updated since they opened. To give you some perspective, when DQ opened, the Nintendo 64 was cutting edge. Of all the advancements made in graphics and gaming, none of those are represented. No coat of paint is going to fix that.

Don't get me wrong, I want DQ to be restored to its former glory. It just seems that the magic there is gone.

Goofnut1980

Respectfully, I beg to differ. After paying $50 per person for a glorified arcade, it's what's on the inside that is the problem. The big games haven't truly been updated since they opened. To give you some perspective, when DQ opened, the Nintendo 64 was cutting edge. Of all the advancements made in graphics and gaming, none of those are represented. No coat of paint is going to fix that.

Don't get me wrong, I want DQ to be restored to its former glory. It just seems that the magic there is gone.

One would think they would be modernizing it with the Disney Springs expansion... You can't tell me that $5 million couldn't redo the games on the inside. ya know?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom