PHOTOS - Disney Quest at Downtown Disney West Side getting new paint job

Cosmic Commando

Respectfully, I beg to differ. After paying $50 per person for a glorified arcade, it's what's on the inside that is the problem. The big games haven't truly been updated since they opened. To give you some perspective, when DQ opened, the Nintendo 64 was cutting edge. Of all the advancements made in graphics and gaming, none of those are represented. No coat of paint is going to fix that.

Don't get me wrong, I want DQ to be restored to its former glory. It just seems that the magic there is gone.
But it hasn't been updated because it isn't popular enough. I think the blank facade is a big reason why it wasn't popular enough in the first place. Right after they added the PotC game circa 2000, I think it was a pretty cool place for the time... never caught on, though.

WDWFan_Boston

One would think they would be modernizing it with the Disney Springs expansion... You can't tell me that $5 million couldn't redo the games on the inside. ya know?

Bingo.

o9acw.jpg

Attachments

• o9acw.jpg
    o9acw.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 20

WDWFan_Boston

But it hasn't been updated because it isn't popular enough. I think the blank facade is a big reason why it wasn't popular enough in the first place. Right after they added the PotC game circa 2000, I think it was a pretty cool place for the time... never caught on, though.

Really, it's not the paint job. Honest.

Some people love Hollywood Studios. Some can't stand it. But in the end, it has nothing to do with the Sorcerer's Hat; it's what's inside the park that makes the difference. Same with DisneyQuest.

Cosmic Commando

Really, it's not the paint job. Honest.

Some people love Hollywood Studios. Some can't stand it. But in the end, it has nothing to do with the Sorcerer's Hat; it's what's inside the park that makes the difference. Same with DisneyQuest.
Theme parks are different, though. I think of DisneyQuest like retail; you can have great stuff in your store, but you won't sell it if people don't want to come inside.

Bolt

The outside of Disney Quest is awesome now - the side facing the street has rolling color changes like the castle now!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom