PHOTOS - Construction walls up at The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

PKD

The update is for the new Meet & Greet location w/PhotoPass set up. i.e. Lighting, area development, & set/backdrop

siwash23

Is the entire new play area closed or just the back part of it with the Tigger area? What about the rabbit area and other play areas that were opened at the end of 2010? (Drums, spin wheels, etc.). That is not all part of the Tigger Bounce Spot, is it?

Donald96

Is the entire new play area closed or just the back part of it with the Tigger area? What about the rabbit area and other play areas that were opened at the end of 2010? (Drums, spin wheels, etc.). That is not all part of the Tigger Bounce Spot, is it?

No the tigger bounce area is to the left of the current line and the changes won't affect the garden area :)

HMF

To be honest I can't believe it was built in the first place. (same with the Tubsoleum over at the Mansion.)

nepalostparks

It was late last week.

Ah, ok. We were there on Saturday and the lower set of walls/covering were removed. It looks like they are changing over sections of the old grey/red pavement to the detailed horse print/wheel groove/etc pavement that's in the Storybook Circus area.

NewfieFan

Any word if the FP machines will be moved back near the ride?

I think I remember reading that the FP machines won't be returned near the ride until after the new FL construction is complete. I think the plans called for the FP machines to be located across the walkway (but directly across from the ride). Someone correct me if I'm wrong...
(Nobody seems to know where the FPs are now, I can't imagine how many times a day the CMs working over there have to give directions to the FP machines. I had tourists stop and ask me while I was in the FP queue!)

Why is it taking so long to make a M&G? Was there more work to tearing up the Tigger bouncy spot?

Tom

Beta Return
Ah, ok. We were there on Saturday and the lower set of walls/covering were removed. It looks like they are changing over sections of the old grey/red pavement to the detailed horse print/wheel groove/etc pavement that's in the Storybook Circus area.

We were in the MK on Thursday and saw it all. We were there again Saturday before we flew out....and now that I think about it, that lower section was gone...I think. I have noticed a LOT of new pavement around the park, in general. The sections are obvious because you can still see the white "Zip Strip" that they haven't pulled out to caulk the expansion joints yet.

I think I remember reading that the FP machines won't be returned near the ride until after the new FL construction is complete. I think the plans called for the FP machines to be located across the walkway (but directly across from the ride). Someone correct me if I'm wrong...
(Nobody seems to know where the FPs are now, I can't imagine how many times a day the CMs working over there have to give directions to the FP machines. I had tourists stop and ask me while I was in the FP queue!)

The current location is pretty absurd. Perhaps they're installing them where Dumbo used to be. It's walled off and there have been some odd permits filed for Dumbo's old street address. Would make sense...I guess.

The FP machines will most likely never return. They won't be needed in the future.

You don't think Pooh will be part of FP or FP+?

djkidkaz

My guess is that they will just theme and implement the RFID scanners near the attractions. You see the return time, scan your card and the have to remember when to come back. I believe they will also email you the time or have places in the park you can check.

The only thing I'm not sure of is before the test we gave our names and that we were celebrating our anniversary. So when we scanned our cards the CM would say our names and wish us happy anniversary, but they had iPads. Obviously they aren't going to give every attractions CM an iPad since it doesn't fit with the theme but if this is part of next gen I'm curious how they'll feed them the info after you scan your cards?

Tom

Beta Return
My guess is that they will just theme and implement the RFID scanners near the attractions. You see the return time, scan your card and the have to remember when to come back. I believe they will also email you the time or have places in the park you can check.

The only thing I'm not sure of is before the test we gave our names and that we were celebrating our anniversary. So when we scanned our cards the CM would say our names and wish us happy anniversary, but they had iPads. Obviously they aren't going to give every attractions CM an iPad since it doesn't fit with the theme but if this is part of next gen I'm curious how they'll feed them the info after you scan your cards?

I think they're testing more than one system at once. We too gave them our names and celebration (also Anniv). It was pretty lame having them scan our card, look at their tablet and then robotically say "Happy Anniversary Tom".

But since their ultimate goal is to integrate everything, your reservation would have your celebrations built in (like they do now), and your KttW card would also serve as your FP+. Since you'll have the new RFID card on your person at all times while on property, you could simply walk through a doorway and the greeter would say, "Welcome to Pirates of the Caribbean, Tom and Kayla, and Happy Anniversary!"

So, they're probably just mooshing a few new features into one test, just to see how quickly the technology functions, how the disbursement of guests in queues works out, and what guest response is to the various elements.

djkidkaz

I think they're testing more than one system at once. We too gave them our names and celebration (also Anniv). It was pretty lame having them scan our card, look at their tablet and then robotically say "Happy Anniversary Tom".

But since their ultimate goal is to integrate everything, your reservation would have your celebrations built in (like they do now), and your KttW card would also serve as your FP+. Since you'll have the new RFID card on your person at all times while on property, you could simply walk through a doorway and the greeter would say, "Welcome to Pirates of the Caribbean, Tom and Kayla, and Happy Anniversary!"

So, they're probably just mooshing a few new features into one test, just to see how quickly the technology functions, how the disbursement of guests in queues works out, and what guest response is to the various elements.

What did you think of the new fastpass system? And how about that mine train hill, pretty large huh? Lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom