PHOTOS - Construction walls now block of the back section of Streets of America

Unplugged

What I find odd is that the walls touch, but do not wrap the theater. This implies they are either leaving the theater in place and are attempting to hide equipment and such behind the area, or they will replace the walls later. Just seems odd to not rip down what's not in use and empty that corner. Perhaps since that's close to the planned construction entrance, the M&G areas will be flattened for the new Construction Trailer City?

Jon81uk

Sorry but this is factually incorrect. Since it's been discussed before, I'll leave it to you to look through the forums, news on this site (not all of it that old) and old park maps to put the pieces together.

The stuff that's already gone that you can't think of may not matter to you. Most of it didn't matter to me but it mattered to someone. That should be important to anyone going because someone experiencing or standing in line for something like Sounds Dangerous or the Legend of Jack Sparrow for instance, would be a person not standing in line for something you or I care to do.

Hollywood Studios's decline has been a very slow one. It's one of the reasons people are starting to get kind of ****ed/antsy when it comes to timetables for improvement.

Yes but the total number of attractions hasn't dropped by 40% as he claimed. Sounds dangerous has a Star Wars film in it.
As noted in other threads, the test of the Pirates tech had the worst guest approval rating in the park, so it was better off without it. Mickey Mouse is now using the space.
I actually want them to replace more things, Beauty and the beast can be replaced, Little Mermaid can be replaced. I understand your point about taking guests out of other lines, but those spaces still have attractions in them.

The biggest reason the park has gone in to decline is that very little has ever been replaced. l don't want to start a comparison argument, but Universal Studios Florida only has two opening day attractions still running. How many things at DHS are over 20 years old?

mm121

They tried that at DCA...

View attachment 127875
the construction wall maze game was pretty serious over at disney springs for awhile too
What I find odd is that the walls touch, but do not wrap the theater. This implies they are either leaving the theater in place and are attempting to hide equipment and such behind the area, or they will replace the walls later. Just seems odd to not rip down what's not in use and empty that corner. Perhaps since that's close to the planned construction entrance, the M&G areas will be flattened for the new Construction Trailer City?

they probably have to destroy the non building area first to give access in order to destroy the theater since they cant block the parks access road to do demo from the backside

they could probably even start demolition of the backside of the theater with the current set up, though most likely we'll see alot more walls before any major demo begins.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
The Great Movie Ride - some recent changes
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!
Star Tours: The Adventures Continue - though more recently refurbed
Muppet*Vision 3D
Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

All have been there over 20 years. The thing is, I don't see anyone complaining that ToT needs to be replaced/refurbed/redone. Why? It's just as old as the others. Just because it randomizes the drops? People only want to see things changed that they think are old.

Jon81uk

The Great Movie Ride - some recent changes
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!
Star Tours: The Adventures Continue - though more recently refurbed
Muppet*Vision 3D
Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

All have been there over 20 years. The thing is, I don't see anyone complaining that ToT needs to be replaced/refurbed/redone. Why? It's just as old as the others. Just because it randomizes the drops? People only want to see things changed that they think are old.

As some things are timeless and high quality. Also ride hardware is meant for the long run, you feel you can repeat it more, whereas sitting through the same show gets old quicker. You can't laugh at the same joke every time or be surprised by the stooge actor once you know the trick.

I think some people will mourn the Indiana Jones show, but many know it's time has come. Take a look at the Lights Motors Action thread, that show is only 10 years but not many people will miss it.

mm121

As some things are timeless and high quality. Also ride hardware is meant for the long run, you feel you can repeat it more, whereas sitting through the same show gets old quicker. You can't laugh at the same joke every time or be surprised by the stooge actor once you know the trick.

I think some people will mourn the Indiana Jones show, but many know it's time has come. Take a look at the Lights Motors Action thread, that show is only 10 years but not many people will miss it.

Indiana Jones isnt a bad show but its IP is really dated as there hasn't been an Indiana Jones movie in forever.

Lights Motor Action is also dated since not sure if it was intentional or not since i dont think Italian Mafia was a disney movie that was based on stunts and things of little cars. And once youve seen it a few times its boring.

epcoteric82

by where these walls are, is this maybe work that is going to be done on the parking entrance? Wasn't the opening date by Christmas 2018?

bjlc57

the Bottom line is this. its not how much of the park is closed. ITS HOW LONG ITS GOING TO TAKE TO GET IT COMPLETELY OPEN.. and that's FOUR PLUS YEARS.. and that time frame , with the amount of money Disney has to spend, is ridicules .

epcoteric82

the Bottom line is this. its not how much of the park is closed. ITS HOW LONG ITS GOING TO TAKE TO GET IT COMPLETELY OPEN.. and that's FOUR PLUS YEARS.. and that time frame , with the amount of money Disney has to spend, is ridicules .
Nowhere have I read 2020+, where did you get these dates from?

mm121

They aren't just construction walls. They are "Disney's Green Walls of Progress" (Sometimes Tan)!!
is that special "you dont see it" green that disney had specially formulated?
by where these walls are, is this maybe work that is going to be done on the parking entrance? Wasn't the opening date by Christmas 2018?
??? what work are you referring to, i doubt theyd have the new interchange and entrance roads to the parking lot complete by 2018
Nowhere have I read 2020+, where did you get these dates from?

they've simply not released any completion dates, just implied its going to be awhile.

though with so many stages of construction even if they went full stream ahead though we all know they wont, construction will take YEARS!!!!

SirLink

Indiana Jones isnt a bad show but its IP is really dated as there hasn't been an Indiana Jones movie in forever.

Lights Motor Action is also dated since not sure if it was intentional or not since I don't think Italian Mafia was a Disney movie that was based on stunts and things of little cars. And once you've seen it a few times its boring.

The last film was in 2008 - 8 years ago is not forever - and there is a new film being made.

Also LMA was also in Paris - and Italian Mafia? It was a no IP specific take on car stunts from Spy Thrillers.

dreamscometrue

Random people just throw opening 'dates' around on here like they actually have a good idea. There are probably 10 people on these entire boards (real, reliable insiders) who have legit info as to the current 5 year plan. I'll stick to 'listening' to their prognostications. :)

Last edited:

G00fyDad

Why is the only section walled off right now the small section at the back of SoA (blue)? Why not go ahead and wall the whole thing off (red and blue)?
Image2.jpg

Jon81uk

I agree that with backlot tour having closed almost 18 months ago they should have made more progress on demolition by now.
But forgetting that it makes sense. Some of Toy Story construction is waiting for Lights Motors to close.
If estimations of Star Wars Land locations are correct, that construction is waiting for Indy to close. You don't really want to close everything at once so maybe Indy won't close until Toy Story is at least almost ready.
18 months to demolish backlot and build Toy Story and two years to build Star Wars is about right. But Toy Story of course will open first.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Work on the new parking lot entrance hasn't even gone through permitting yet, and even if it didn't it should impact anything inside the park.

SirLink

Random people just throw opening 'dates' around on here like they actually have a good idea. There are probably 10 people on these entire boards (real, reliable insiders) who have legit info as to the current 5 year plan. I'll stick to 'listening' to their prognostications. :)

Outside of those 10, there are a handful more that have partial information as well...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom