News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

MouseBrayden

Brayden with all due respect,
Don't be disingenuous and start off a post with how much you respect me and then talk down to me with this moral indignation as if you have some superior understanding as to what is going on in a company of which you've broken zero stories about in your entire time covering it.

Some people on this forum may doubt me, perhaps it's my age, perhaps I come on too strong, I am working on those things (the age one is kind of tough though lol). That said, I don't think anyone here would doubt the fact that I do genuinely try to bring value to this community beyond parroting what can be found on the Disney Parks Blog. I broke the Hollywood Studios Rename Survey (a story of which you covered), the first footage of Slinky Dog Dash ride testing (which required an enormous undertaking to ensure my source would be kept safe), photos confirming Buzzy missing from the Cranium Command theater, I broke the timeline for Project Spark and Kappa, broke the details for Epcot Forever, etc. All I've ever gotten from you, Jack, is very petty and condescending remarks that seem less like "due respect" and more like you being just like the other big ego's in this community you'd like to think you're against.

Of course the Twitter account of Disney Parks will retweet a GMA article talking about the parks, because it's mainstream media covering a park story. Often times I've seen other mainstream media add embellishments or "takes" to stories that create a level of confusion around Park stories, as they don't work directly with Disney Parks or WDI on these projects and thus don't really know all the details.
Why are you acting like Good Morning America and Disney are separate entities? They're under the same corporate umbrella. Good Morning America regularly covers the Disney Parks happenings in conjunction with public relations specifically for the purposes of promotion. Are you asserting that Disney PR didn't check off on a promotional piece at their own media organization? If you don't believe that's how it works, see how many ABC shows Disney managed to stick a Galaxy's Edge reference this past year.

Also, this dichotomy you've created as to what qualifies as a real story seems to make it so unless something is reported directly by Disney is therefore not real? Quite convenient for someone who doesn't break stories or put their credibility on the line in any way while simultaneously critiquing everyone else.

On a side note, curious to know what happened to your original "Rose Gold Castle" video from September?
It's on my YouTube channel, or just search 'rose gold castle.' Pick over every second of it. Of course, you'll be comparing a green lit, budgeted & funded Feb 2020 plan against a blue sky Sept 2019 plan I said wasn't even solidified yet at the very start of the video, but surprisingly not much changed from the original plan. The only major difference is I expected the rose gold paint to be MUCH more defined on the inner curtain than it is in the art we got. The other, more minor difference is previously the 50th castle wasn't going to have much ornamentation. Now, due to the schedule they have to paint the castle in (needing it to be done before the Dreamlights this year, well before the 50th), it will be getting decor including gold ribbons and beads once the Dreamlights come down and the 50th begins, differentiating it from the paint-only castle that'll be visible the second half of this year.

I seem to remember the video also talking about an iridescent coating to the castle as well.
Not true. I did say near the end of the video the rose gold would likely be metallic, and IT IS by the way.

The paint swatch I saw in September is still going to have a presence on the castle's inner curtain as far as I know (probably more as a light "wash" if the art is anything to go off of), and I believe some insiders on this forum should be able to attest to this: I believe Disney signed a contract with Sherwin Williams for the development of a special (very expensive) metallic paint for use on new Imagineering projects at the parks. The primary use case: Cinderella Castle for the 50th anniversary. The swatch in question is called 'Rose Gold.' Hence my video: a Rose Gold Castle for the 50th anniversary. I stand by my story, not out of pride, but because I still believe my sources are solid. If that changes, I won't resist saying so.

Last edited:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I have no intentions to bring whatever this hullabaloo is into my content because frankly, e-drama is cringe and nothing is getting in the way of me bringing the best news and coverage I can to my audience.

Not as cringeworthy as your delivery for your Youtube "updates". Seriously you should look into some drama and or speech classes at your local community college to improve your delivery. It's unwatchable.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
What the heck is wrong with some of you? Seriously going back and forth with a kid (and I don’t mean that in a way that put Brayden down). Grown adults going after him over what, paint colors? Names of paint? We’re taking this all way to seriously.

Sooo. He can’t be challenged because he is deemed to be a kid by some?

I have no dog in this fight, but if you want to play in here and “break stories” or whatever, you don’t get preferential treatment for being young.

IveBeenJack

Don't be disingenuous and start off a post with how much you respect me and then talk down to me with this moral indignation as if you have some superior understanding as to what is going on in a company of which you've broken zero stories about in your entire time covering it.

Some people on this forum may doubt me, perhaps it's my age, perhaps I come on too strong, I am working on those things (the age one is kind of tough though lol). That said, I don't think anyone here would doubt the fact that I do genuinely try to bring value to this community beyond parroting what can be found on the Disney Parks Blog. I broke the Hollywood Studios Rename Survey (a story of which you covered), the first footage of Slinky Dog Dash ride testing (which required an enormous undertaking to ensure my source would be kept safe), photos confirming Buzzy missing from the Cranium Command theater, I broke the timeline for Project Spark and Kappa, broke the details for Epcot Forever, etc. All I've ever gotten from you, Jack, is very petty and condescending remarks that seem less like "due respect" and more like you being just like the other big ego's in this community you'd like to think you're against.

Why are you acting like Good Morning America and Disney are separate entities? They're under the same corporate umbrella. Good Morning America regularly covers the Disney Parks happenings in conjunction with public relations specifically for the purposes of promotion. Are you asserting that Disney PR didn't check off on a promotional piece at their own media organization? If you don't believe that's how it works, see how many ABC shows Disney managed to stick a Galaxy's Edge reference this past year.

Also, this dichotomy you've created as to what qualifies as a real story seems to make it so unless something is reported directly by Disney is therefore not real? Quite convenient for someone who doesn't break stories or put their credibility on the line in any way while simultaneously critiquing everyone else.

It's on my YouTube channel, or just search 'rose gold castle.' Pick over every second of it. Of course, you'll be comparing a green lit, budgeted & funded Feb 2020 plan against a blue sky Sept 2019 plan I said wasn't even solidified yet at the very start of the video, but surprisingly not much changed from the original plan. The only major difference is I expected the rose gold paint to be MUCH more defined on the inner curtain than it is in the art we got. The other, more minor difference is previously the 50th castle wasn't going to have much ornamentation. Now, due to the schedule they have to paint the castle in (needing it to be done before the Dreamlights this year, well before the 50th), it will be getting decor including gold ribbons and beads once the Dreamlights come down and the 50th begins, differentiating it from the paint-only castle that'll be visible the second half of this year.

Not true. I did say near the end of the video the rose gold would likely be metallic, and IT IS by the way.

The paint swatch I saw in September is still going to have a presence on the castle's inner curtain as far as I know (probably more as a light "wash" if the art is anything to go off of), and I believe some insiders on this forum should be able to attest to this: Disney signed a contract with Sherwin Williams for the development of a special (very expensive) metallic paint for use on new Imagineering projects at the parks. The primary use case: the Cinderella Castle for the 50th anniversary. The swatch in question is called 'Rose Gold.' Hence my video: a Rose Gold Castle for the 50th anniversary. I stand by my story, not out of pride, but because I still believe my sources are solid, and I'm definitely not taking content direction from people whose most original content is tracings of other people's ride blueprints.

That's all I have to say on this matter of my story and the castle. I have no intentions to bring whatever this hullabaloo is into my content because frankly, e-drama is cringe and nothing is getting in the way of me bringing the best news and coverage I can to my audience. I plan on sharing more 50th plans soon, some of which I've been tracking for years, and the pressure on this forum to get the facts as right as possible will definitely lead to me practicing even greater scrutiny going forward.

Brayden, I do have respect for your work ethic. There are very few that understand the level of effort that is required to create these type of videos.

Thank you for letting me know how you feel about my channel.

So...is no one going to mention that the castle will be "caked" in Unmagical scaffolding for months while they paint on new colors?:cautious:

the magic of renovations...cannot really avoid it...unless you do no renovations at all...

In other news, I'm not sure if you both saw the comment made by original blog post author who is the VP of Magic Kingdom, but he said that the castle will NOT be covered at any point during the makeover, but some construction equipment might be visible during i.e. the huge crane that stays behind Fantasyland when they put up and take down the Christmas Dream Lights... I imagine all the work will happen overnight and most of the construction equipment will be as hidden as they can make it. They can also just wheel in more cherry pickers over night to do the painting.

Here's the blog post with the comment: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...isney-world-resort-to-receive-royal-makeover/ and here's a screenshot of the comment he made:
9b8sp7vl.png

Rteetz

I'm not assuming, I'm TELLING you what I've SEEN. There's an actual paint swatch for this specific application on the castle and it's literally called rose gold. I didn't pull that out of my head, or read into 2013 Yellow Shoes 50th marketing they put up at D23. My only intention in highlighting the article from a Disney source calling part of the castle "rose-pink" in this overhaul is presenting some psudo-verification for my past claims. This has been in the works for 6+ months. You don't have to believe me. But after months and months of being crapped on by people deified on this forum that were literally saying I made it up, don't expect me to be silent about it.
As someone who is barely older than you I understand the credibility issues that come around. Though at times it’s better to stay humble. Don’t engage the haters is something I’ve learned over time.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
As someone who is barely older than you I understand the credibility issues that come around. Though at times it’s better to stay humble. Don’t engage the haters is something I’ve learned over time.
You are certainly young, but always come across as informed and level-headed. Your input and contributions to these forums are appreciated by many.

Rteetz

You are certainly young, but always come across as informed and level-headed. Your input and contributions to these forums are appreciated by many.
Appreciate that. I try my best.

Back on topic this project is very interesting for reasons more than just the color IMO.

Last edited:

trainplane3

That's solid advice for anyone that has any kind of social media presence. There's a few people out there I don't follow just because of the complaining and ensuing arguments that follow (Thoughtful People aren't Rude 😉 ).

Appreciate that. I try my best.

Back on topic this project is very interesting for reasons than just the color IMO.
I'll take a guess...pre-work on the castle to prepare for various 50th additions? Said pre-work would be hard to spot such as mounting points for things to be added down the line.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Not quite what I was going for. :)

Lots going on behind the scenes right now. I for one am awaiting to see what the next announcement will be or lack thereof.
I'm intrigued now! Aside from mapping projections or physical add-on embelishments, I wonder what else could be done (hopefully, not overdone) to the castle?

Rteetz

I'm intrigued now! Aside from mapping projections or physical add-on embelishments, I wonder what else could be done (hopefully, not overdone) to the castle?
Might have phrased that wrong. There is one thing that could be part of this makeover that has been hard to confirm but I’m talking more about other things in the park.

DisAl

I wonder if they have considered how badly all the reflective gold paint will screw up the projections on the castle at night?
If the concept art is anywhere near accurate it looks more like it has been wrapped in gold colored scaffolding. The gold captures your vision and completely ruins the image of the castle for me.
While they are ruining the castle they should go ahead an ruin some other classics too. On the Jungle Cruise let's paint the elephants pink and give them gold tusks. In the Hall of Presidents they could paint all their fingernails either blue or red depending on which party they belonged to. And finally, I think they should paint the annual Christmas light construction crane gold too! That way it will blend in with the castle and you will not even notice it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom