PHOTOS - BAYMAX now appearing at newly expanded Epcot Character Spot

yepitsandy

I'm AMAZED they haven't gone back and found a way to make a Joy/Sadness meet and greet happen since the movie became such a hit. My daughter would wait for Joy right now longer than anyone not named Anna, Elsa, or Ariel. She would wait for Joy before she waited for Mickey.

Chef Kronk

*cough*
p9KaJcj.jpg

Coming Soon;)

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
It is odd not seeing Baymax appear with Hiro... After all, isn't Baymax only supposed to be "awake" and stuff only when Hiro is with him or needs his help?

Cmdr_Crimson

It is odd not seeing Baymax appear with Hiro... After all, isn't Baymax only supposed to be "awake" and stuff only when Hiro is with him or needs his help?

Well, perhaps Hiro figured out a way where he doesn't need to be there...Honestly I think Hiro was a bad Face character and glad they didn't bring him back..IMO...Sorry.

friendofafriend

Well, perhaps Hiro figured out a way where he doesn't need to be there...Honestly I think Hiro was a bad Face character and glad they didn't bring him back..IMO...Sorry.
No one really had much interest in seeing Hiro also Baymax requires a lot of money and manpower to operate. I think dumping Hiro makes a lot of sense.

FigmentsFangirl

Baymax is back ? I WANNA HUG HIM!!

And Figment, I wanna hug Figment, if there;s enough room in the new character spot area I WANNA HUG FIGMENT TOO!!!

But yay I can finally get to see Baymax!

spacemtnqueen

He was a bad face character.. However, that doesn't mean that it couldn't be fixed. Just make him a mask character. It worked well for Inside Out, and they never use an actual face for other regular human characters for normal meet and greets such as Captain Hook, Lilo, Woody, Jessie.... so I think it would work fine for Hiro.

Plus the main problem with Hiro's face character, in my opinion, was that the cast members portraying him were way too tan, and their eyes are too small. Otherwise, it would work great. They just did an awful job in type casting.

Hiro-and-Baymax-from-Big-Hero-6-at-Disney-Hollywood-Studios-in-Walt-Disney-World-31.jpg
latest

He may supposed to be asian, but honestly, he just looks like a normal American to me.

First off, a large factor of Hiro being there as a face was to help give Baymax a voice to enhance the meet and greet experience. He was also there to protect Baymax along with their attendants. In this case, being a fur/masked character wouldn't make much sense, and would look super strange. Also, when you think about it, having Hiro as a face character was also good thing for ethnic representation. We need to see more diverse disney characters and we need more racially diverse people to have the chance to portray them. I think this is so incredibly important.

Second, I don't think it's fair to say the character looks like a "normal American" What exactly does that mean?? I assume you mean a person who is white with larger eye shape. That's extremely stereotypical, Americans don't just have one look. The face character is asian, yes, because Hiro IS asian. Hiro is mixed race of white and japanese, so we see those features represented in him.

Also, it's impossible to find any human with eyes that huge...have the exact skin color, stick thin body type etc. He's an animated character...
As for casting the friends of Hiro, I think they did an incredible job. I always had an excellent experience when I went, Baymax was great, but Hiro made it even that much more awesome because he always had some sort of fun story to share and made it personal.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I thought this was unusual when I saw it... But the closure of that wing of innovations didn't surprise me... Nor another m&g location, so I didn't even double take :)

Super glad Baymax is back. I loved Hiro and thought he looked super great and super movie accurate. Real humans don't have eyes the size of fists and Asian Americans are real Americans and look all types of ways just like all people. Hiro is perfectly suited for a face character. Please find me one face character in the parks who looks like a cartoon drawing...

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I thought Hiro was one of the best parts of the original meet and greet and really complimented Baymax well... That being said, the downfall of any face character is that they can respond to guests and ultimately guests want to carry on a full conversation with them. Can make each guest interaction considerably longer, especially in comparison to a character who can't respond where it's typically just a hug followed by a photo. Baymax was always a popular option... Removing Hiro should decrease interaction time and increase overall throughput while only taking away slightly from the overall experience (as, after all, most people were there more for Baymax than Hiro)

boufa

I know there is no talking, or even sounds... but does Baymax fist bump? And does he, or how does he sign autographs. Not speculation, but people who actually know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom