PHOTOS - A look at the recently refurbished escalator and stairway entrance at the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort

Epcot82Guy

Great pics! This is honestly the only part of the refurb I don't think is a home run. (I wish there was a little more contract on the horizontal beam, and I don't love the ceiling tarps/sails.) But, the lobby redo overall is still a great success!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Looks like they're trying to hide the beach cabana tent theme and go with more oceans and sailing theme.

Which is fine with me. I originally thought the striped cabana tent theme was a circus theme!

Epcot82Guy

I don’t get why they keep those God awful red tiled floors, it’s like some cheap self catering hotel in Greece.

I actually really love them. But, I loved the original. So, I enjoy that they are keeping some of the original character in tact. I was really sad when they took all the Michael Graves furniture out of the rooms. The new rooms are super generic. And I appreciated the whimsy - a lot.

With that, I do wish they did a better job of telling the story and explaining the original design elements. I think that would add to the audience enjoying it more vs. it just looking dated.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I don’t get why they keep those God awful red tiled floors, it’s like some cheap self catering hotel in Greece.
Yeah I was surprised to see them remain. They have a lot of them, and they aren't cheap to put in or remove.

surfsupdon

I was impressed with the new look lobby, and this area looks well done too. I can’t stand those red tile floors though. But oh well.
Anybody running down to Picabu for some breakfast :)

Flynnwriter

Just depressing. This Michael Graves icon (love it or hate it) had a design sense and style. Ignoring that distinctive style, is like putting new Deco Interiors into Versailles. This “update” looks like a poor white trash makeover special on TLC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom