PHOTOS - A look at the recently refurbished escalator and stairway entrance at the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort

Epcot82Guy

Great pics! This is honestly the only part of the refurb I don't think is a home run. (I wish there was a little more contract on the horizontal beam, and I don't love the ceiling tarps/sails.) But, the lobby redo overall is still a great success!

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Looks like they're trying to hide the beach cabana tent theme and go with more oceans and sailing theme.

Which is fine with me. I originally thought the striped cabana tent theme was a circus theme!

mdktf

Great pics! This is honestly the only part of the refurb I don't think is a home run. (I wish there was a little more contract on the horizontal beam, and I don't love the ceiling tarps/sails.) But, the lobby redo overall is still a great success!
I don’t get why they keep those God awful red tiled floors, it’s like some cheap self catering hotel in Greece.

Epcot82Guy

I don’t get why they keep those God awful red tiled floors, it’s like some cheap self catering hotel in Greece.
I actually really love them. But, I loved the original. So, I enjoy that they are keeping some of the original character in tact. I was really sad when they took all the Michael Graves furniture out of the rooms. The new rooms are super generic. And I appreciated the whimsy - a lot.

With that, I do wish they did a better job of telling the story and explaining the original design elements. I think that would add to the audience enjoying it more vs. it just looking dated.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Original Poster
Yeah I was surprised to see them remain. They have a lot of them, and they aren't cheap to put in or remove.

surfsupdon

In the Parks
No
I was impressed with the new look lobby, and this area looks well done too. I can’t stand those red tile floors though. But oh well.
Anybody running down to Picabu for some breakfast :)

Flynnwriter

Just depressing. This Michael Graves icon (love it or hate it) had a design sense and style. Ignoring that distinctive style, is like putting new Deco Interiors into Versailles. This “update” looks like a poor white trash makeover special on TLC.

Top Bottom