Photopass

erinshaneb

I am looking into the photopass offer that they sent me...Has anyone used the photopass..more specifically, can we add the ride photos too or are they completely separate?

WDW-LUVR

When you pre-purchase the photo cd the send you a promotion code. after your trip you login into the photopass website add all your photopass cards edit your pitures add things to them (always save as a new pic). Place the photopass cd in your cart then add your promotion code in.

Upvote 0

need2go2wdw

That's strange, the couple times I've done it, after I pre-paid for the disk at the $99, it just shows up in my photopass profile as a photodisk credit. When I upload my photopass pics and do my edits, I add them to my cart and choose the cd product. It automatically applies the credit to my purchase and checks me out (with me paying an additional few bucks for shipping first) and I'm all set. I've seen people here saying things about the "code" they send you before and I always wondered what they were talking about! Maybe there are multiple ways to pre-purchase the disk and I just happen to do it another way :veryconfu ??? Oh well, the end result is the same either way, a ton of great pics for a great price! Our record of pics we loaded onto our photopass for one trip is 554! :eek: :D

Next one gets pre-purchased a week from today for our next trip a week from tomorrow!!!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

That's strange, the couple times I've done it, after I pre-paid for the disk at the $99, it just shows up in my photopass profile as a photodisk credit. When I upload my photopass pics and do my edits, I add them to my cart and choose the cd product. It automatically applies the credit to my purchase and checks me out (with me paying an additional few bucks for shipping first) and I'm all set. I've seen people here saying things about the "code" they send you before and I always wondered what they were talking about! Maybe there are multiple ways to pre-purchase the disk and I just happen to do it another way :veryconfu ??? Oh well, the end result is the same either way, a ton of great pics for a great price! Our record of pics we loaded onto our photopass for one trip is 554! :eek: :D

Next one gets pre-purchased a week from today for our next trip a week from tomorrow!!!! :sohappy:

A year or so ago they changed the pre-order process. It used to be that they would send you a code (that looked just like a Photopass card number) that worked as your pre-payment credit. Kind of like how they do discounts from the hard tickets events based off that card number. But when they changed it, the system now remembers that you pre paid for the CD. So when you go to check out, you see it as a credit automagically. I think this fix also removed the hidden "back door" that let you get home, see your pictures, and then "pre purchase" the cd. Now the CD will only include pictures added to the account (or taken can't remember which) after the CD is pre-purchased.

Upvote 0

need2go2wdw

A year or so ago they changed the pre-order process. It used to be that they would send you a code (that looked just like a Photopass card number) that worked as your pre-payment credit. Kind of like how they do discounts from the hard tickets events based off that card number. But when they changed it, the system now remembers that you pre paid for the CD. So when you go to check out, you see it as a credit automagically. I think this fix also removed the hidden "back door" that let you get home, see your pictures, and then "pre purchase" the cd. Now the CD will only include pictures added to the account (or taken can't remember which) after the CD is pre-purchased.
That makes sense...it's been a little less then a year since the first time I ever did the pre-purchase option, so I guess that would be why I didn't ever remember the code process! Thanks for the info! :wave:

Upvote 0

Mr.Skunkape

We do the CD on every trip we take, have multiple pictures taken at every photopass spot in the parks and after we add all the different borders we recieve around 1000 pictures on 3-4 Cd's. I do not believe they have a limit on the amount of pictures you can recieve.

Upvote 0

StitchMom84

I'm glad this thread was started. We're leaving in five weeks and always purchase the CD, but usually we just buy it there at the end of our trip, and of course, do not receive a discount. I like the CD/photo book option as well. We've done the book through Disney photopass twice ( as well as having done them through other vendors Snapfish and Shutterfly), and I prefer to use Disney so that we can have the characters in with our photos. However, for sure, the cost is higher than making them through someone else. For me, it's just been a matter of how much money I was able or willing to spend on it. Either way, they're a fun way to keep your trip photo memories together, and so much fun to do!
Thanks again for the thread!

Upvote 0

stof911

ok so help me out a little bit, i know you get your picture taken when you go in the park and with the characters where are other places they get your pic

Upvote 0

need2go2wdw

There are places all over to do it...keep your eyes peeled for photopass photographers, they usually all wear the same beige and blue uniform. Some examples are:

MK - on the bridge to tomorrowland with castle in backdrop (we've gotten a "magic shot" with tink here as well. A magic shot is just an overlay they add electronically, like a character in the pic with you or mickey balloons in your hand)
- in front if entrance to tomorrowland with sign above you
- directly in front of Partners
- right in front of Crystal Palace with castle in backdrop
- on the bridge to Liberty Square with castle in backdrop
- sometimes near POTC with Capt Hook in pic with you (this is a "magic shot". Not all photographers are trained on these, you have to just ask. I have yet to find and get this particular shot, but I've seen examples.)

Epcot - at the junction of WS and FW
- near the Fountain of Nations (the pic that is my avatar was here, and we asked for the Soarin' "magic shot". we got other traditional pics with the fountain behind us here as well)
- various spots along WS (we've gotten them on the bridge with France in backdrop, in Japan with SSE in backdrop and near Mexico/Norway with Tink in our hand, another "magic shot")

HS - in front of ToT with ride in background (we were told to look scared)
- in front of Animation studio in animation courtyard
- we asked a photographer to do some magic shots (off of the main drag) and she took us over to benches off to the side and we did magic shots with character overlays of them sitting with us on the benches. we also did the balloon overlay in the same area with us looking up at them.
- in front of star tours (we were given a light saber to hold as a prop)
- various spots in front of the hat

AK - various spots in front of the tree near entrance all the way down to the tree of life garden area.
- along the path between africa and asia, various nooks with the back of the tree in the backdrop.
- in asia, before nearing EE, there is a spot with a photographer who gets EE in the backdrop.
- there are multiple "magic shots" you can get here too such as holding baby simba and holding tink.

These are only a handful of some good ones. I'm sure someone can add more to the list. I can't even think of all the places we've gotten pics taken. I do know photopass photographers are all over the parks and its just a matter of handing them your pass. We don't really take much time out of our days and still end up with tons of pics just by stopping when we see an opportunity. If they are not busy, they usually don't mind if you ask them to take a specific pic or maybe turned at a different angle so you get a different backdrop. We've had a lot of really good photographers do fun things for us. We even had this super nice lady take our DD's pic while she was in her stroller (she didn't want to get out and get in the family pic). She was peeking out from under the hood and the photographer captured the cutest pics of her peeking! It was a nice addition to our disk! And of course, we always do character M&G's, so they really rack up the pic count as well. Always ask for magic shots as well, they are very cool and add some flavor to your selection!

EDIT - I forgot, they do it in the lobby's of some of the resorts during certain times too. We've gotten really nice family portraits done right before dinner when we're all cleaned up and dressed nice (as opposed to hot, sweaty and wilted in the middle of running through a park!)

Upvote 0

need2go2wdw

ok so help me out a little bit, i know you get your picture taken when you go in the park and with the characters where are other places they get your pic
Sorry, I responded specifically to your question above, but forgot to quote you, so I didn't want you to accidentally not see my response! :)

Upvote 0

muinchja

MNSSHP Photopass

Hi there, we've decided to go to MNSSHP this trip, and while we've done Photopass before, there has been mention of a MNSSHP Photopass as well, and that's got us slightly confused. My question is: If we pre-purchase the Photopass CD will we be able to have all of our Halloween photos put on the disk as well?

Upvote 0

need2go2wdw

Hi there, we've decided to go to MNSSHP this trip, and while we've done Photopass before, there has been mention of a MNSSHP Photopass as well, and that's got us slightly confused. My question is: If we pre-purchase the Photopass CD will we be able to have all of our Halloween photos put on the disk as well?
I have never heard of a seperate photopass for any ticketed event. I don't think it matters where you are or what time of day it is, as long as you have a photopass and get a pic taken by a photopass photographer, it gets added to your online account (once you've entered the card number into the site). We are doing the halloween party twice this year and we are doing the pre-paid disk as well.

Upvote 0

Mukta

You will receive a separate photopass card for the party.
The water parks also give out a separate photopass card.
When you go online to enter your photopass card number for your CD, you will be able to enter multiple card numbers. All of those photos will go on one CD.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom