Photopass

fairetails

Original Poster
What do you guys think about photopass? Is it worth it? I was told DVC members can prepay $99 or so for unlimited photos. I haven't been to WDW since aug of 06 - is there more of a presence of photo pass photographers?

lpet11984

If it weren't so expensive, I'd definitely do it- there are photographers all over the place. Usually if we're at a spot where you can get Photopass, they'll take a picture with your camera as well as their own but it almost always looks better on their camera. I might pick one or two shots I really like once I get home and order some prints, but I wouldn't order the whole CD. When it comes down to it, I'd rather put the $100 toward a tour or something else fun/different to do (that's 25 dole whip floats we're talking about...:slurp:)

mouselvrmom

I personally think it is so worth it. There are photographers all over the place, you just have to walk up to them and ask. It's a nice way to get all of your family involved in the pictures and they will take them however you want. They are also nice when you meet certain characters. Some will have photopass there and they will take lots of shots with the characters. It is certainly cheaper than printing out individual pictures, and now you can print any of them you want as many times as you want.

gojoe

It doesn't cost you anything to try

Go for it. It doesn't cost you anything to try.They give you a card, they take the pictures, all you do is go home look at the pictures. We bought the disk 2 years ago the only regret we had was not getting more pictures taken. Last December we ordered 2 prints out of 50 we took in 2 days. Get crazy with it too. We saw 3 Japanese tourist doing crazy poses and though they got it right. We got a great tip from one on the photographers; take a photo of the numbers on your card. Just in case you loose the card you still have the numbers. If you forget the card get another one. You can open multiple cards on-line. Have fun

eagles

yup, i too think it is worth it, but only if you use it. get your pics taken everywhere you see a photopass photographer, smile, and pose.

thanks for the idea of taking a pic of your number! great advise. i did lose one of my cards, and after the deadline, i found it (of course). thank goodness there was no pics on it that was of any worth. but excellent advise!

mickeypal1

Love Photopass. As was mentioned, get your pictures taken everywhere you can, and at different times of the day. It was nice to get pictures with the entire family instead of one of us behind the camera. And some of the Photopass photographers can be creative and get shots you wouldn't have thought of. A great experince overall.
You can also edit your photos to add borders, character signatures, and park logos to your pictures prior to getting the CD. (instructions I belive are on the Photopass site when you order)
If you can afford it, do it...we will again for the third time this summer.

Another thumbs up for the Photopass. We've used it twice and have had in excess of 300 shots on each disc. As others have said, the photographers can be very creative and you end up with a few added extras on you photos as well. For 300 shots $99 is very, very inexpensive.

adartaylor

Photopass is Great

We used the photopass for the first time last June and loved it. I thought it was a little pricy, but my wife went crazy with it. She cropped the pictures into close ups, added borders, park logos, and especially the character signatures. They were huge hits in their scrapbooks (my wife is a Creative Memories Unit Leader). But even better, they make great holiday cards for family and friends. The cost is more than worth it when you see how many uses you can get out of them. And you can print and print and print ...

JohnByers

I know the $99 is for the CD. But you still have to pay all the extras for the prints correct? The 99 bucks is just to have all those photo's in digital format?

kitten2299

I know the $99 is for the CD. But you still have to pay all the extras for the prints correct? The 99 bucks is just to have all those photo's in digital format?

It is $99 for the whole thing! you get a cd after you edit all your photos with boarders and signatures and how ever else you want to edit the photos, when you get the cd it has the copywrite release you can print so you can print photos anywhere you want. I loved it and will do it every year I go!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member

Just to be super-clear, yes, the $99 gets you just a CD with all the digital photos on it, and the copyright release allows you to get the photos printed wherever you want. You don't have to buy them from Disney at $12.95 per 5x7. You can bring the disc to your local drugstore, or upload them to any of the photo-printing websites, or even print them yourself if you have a photo-quality printer. That's where the big savings comes in.

The way I look at it is, if there are more than six photos on the Photopass that I would want to buy, it's worth it. If there are eight pictures that you would want to buy, that completely justifies the cost of the CD.

Of course, you can buy photomugs, calendars, holiday cards, etc. thru the Photopass website, but once you have the CD, you can have those things produced anywhere, too, at a much lower cost. Just remember to edit all your pictures, adding borders, etc. before you finalize the purchase. I have sometimes tripled the number of photos on a CD by cropping, adding borders, making black-and-white, and saving the changes as copies of the original photo.

Definately agree. The photopass guys come up with grea shots that you don't even think off. We were just married, so one of the photopass photographers had the idea of this photo:

SDC10534.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom