Photopass question

mizzouHHR

Original Poster
To clear up confusion on my part, you get a photopass from a photopass photographer, who are all over the parks. The card does not cost anything up front, and every time you find a photopass photographer, you can have some pics taken and added to your account number. After your vacation is over, and within 30 days, you can go online and view your pictures, and at that time purchase the CD for $125, which is shipped to you. You then have the rights to the images on the CD so you can have them printed at your local Walmart or whatever, or print at home with a printer. Is all this correct? Am I missing any information? Are there any other costs with this service? Thanks so much for the help in clearing up my confusion.

jmicro59

To clear up confusion on my part, you get a photopass from a photopass photographer, who are all over the parks. The card does not cost anything up front, and every time you find a photopass photographer, you can have some pics taken and added to your account number. After your vacation is over, and within 30 days, you can go online and view your pictures, and at that time purchase the CD for $125, which is shipped to you. You then have the rights to the images on the CD so you can have them printed at your local Walmart or whatever, or print at home with a printer. Is all this correct? Am I missing any information? Are there any other costs with this service? Thanks so much for the help in clearing up my confusion.

You are correct on everything. I'm not sure the PhotoPass CD's are $125 but if they are make sure they take alot of pictures for you. :)

kcw

you probably already know this, but just because it wasn't mentioned- the CD is not the only thing you can buy. You can buy just one or two photos, or you can buy other things such as a photo book, a DVD or some other random photo things I'm not sure of

whitemule28

Another quick question somewhat along these lines...I have my photopass with a few photo's linked to it, but not all of my ride photo's. I do however have a photo taken with my own camera that included in the background our ride photo from ToT up on the viewing screen...I can read the photo ID# and know the day and time it was taken and it has not yet been the 30 days since our trip, when our photopass will expire...Is there any way to call and give the ride photo ID# and retroactively have it attached to my photopass?

jiddng

Another quick question somewhat along these lines...I have my photopass with a few photo's linked to it, but not all of my ride photo's. I do however have a photo taken with my own camera that included in the background our ride photo from ToT up on the viewing screen...I can read the photo ID# and know the day and time it was taken and it has not yet been the 30 days since our trip, when our photopass will expire...Is there any way to call and give the ride photo ID# and retroactively have it attached to my photopass?

If memory serves me right, those pics are only stored in their computers for 3 days, not 30. You should call them ASAP, and hope that my memory is faulty!

Disneykidder

I think the only ride that can connect to Photopass is test track. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, though. The other rides they want you to pay for.

What you can also do with the Photopass is add cool graphics, borders and text to it. You can add dates, logos, places, even signatures of some characters to your CD and keep the original photo in tact, too. That way you can even more than double the amount of what you started with.

Something also cool is you can pool many cards otgether. For example, if you were going with another family, you can put all photos together and split the cost. Sometimes you may also forget your pass at your resort or split up while in the park. At the end of your trip you can put each card together onto one card.

Great feature!! I like it because you are guaranteed to get everyone in the photos. :wave:

Captain Hank

I think the only ride that can connect to Photopass is test track. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, though. The other rides they want you to pay for.

What you can also do with the Photopass is add cool graphics, borders and text to it. You can add dates, logos, places, even signatures of some characters to your CD and keep the original photo in tact, too. That way you can even more than double the amount of what you started with.

Something also cool is you can pool many cards otgether. For example, if you were going with another family, you can put all photos together and split the cost. Sometimes you may also forget your pass at your resort or split up while in the park. At the end of your trip you can put each card together onto one card.

Great feature!! I like it because you are guaranteed to get everyone in the photos. :wave:
You are correct. Currently, only Test Track is connected to the PhotoPass system. It's not possible to add any other onride photos to PhotoPass at this time. For the record, you are also correct that non-PhotoPass onride photos are only kept in their respective systems for 3 days, and you must go back to that attraction to get the photo (you can't get a Splash Mountain photo at Expedition: Everest, for example).

Another thing that hasn't been mentioned is that you can view and purchase PhotoPass photos (including the CD) at any Camera Center location in any park, Downtown Disney and The Grand Floridian. Occasionally, they will have incentives for purchasing the CD on-site, such as 3 free 5"X7"'s with the purchase of the CD.

kstella

I love photopass and get it every time I'm at WDW. I've done it both ways, bought individual pictures and bought the cd. I prefer individual becasue you can get all the cool effects. If you buy the cd, you just get plain pictures. One of the side bonuses of buying online is that you can give friends and family your account number and password and they can view your vacation pictures online.:)

kcw

I prefer individual becasue you can get all the cool effects. If you buy the cd, you just get plain pictures.

This is actually a new change (well around the end of 06 I think- right after I bought my CD, of course...)- you can add all the borders and graphics and get them on the CD

Captain Hank

This is actually a new change (well around the end of 06 I think- right after I bought my CD, of course...)- you can add all the borders and graphics and get them on the CD
But, only if you order the CD online. In the park, the pictures come as-is.

cooleo

You are correct. Currently, only Test Track is connected to the PhotoPass system. It's not possible to add any other onride photos to PhotoPass at this time. For the record, you are also correct that non-PhotoPass onride photos are only kept in their respective systems for 3 days, and you must go back to that attraction to get the photo (you can't get a Splash Mountain photo at Expedition: Everest, for example).

Another thing that hasn't been mentioned is that you can view and purchase PhotoPass photos (including the CD) at any Camera Center location in any park, Downtown Disney and The Grand Floridian. Occasionally, they will have incentives for purchasing the CD on-site, such as 3 free 5"X7"'s with the purchase of the CD.

This is all correct as well. On our last trip we walked into Exposition Hall as we were about to walk out of MK on the last day of our trip. They were able to put all of our pics (About 250) to the CD & we got to choose the 3 free 5" x 7"'s with borders in a matter of about 10 minutes.

vanessa king

I bought the CD on the last day at the park; I think it was $125? There is no limit to how many pictures you can take either (you probably already know that). I was speaking to a cast member and she said only the week before a family had taken 2000 pictures.
You also get to choose 3 of your best pictures on there and they will be printed off for you, that’s if you buy it at the park.

Its money well spent in my eyes. :shrug:

psuchad

Don't want to pay an outragous price for just a couple of pictures? Preview the image online and click File..Save Page As. This will download the entire page you are currently on. Somewhere in the folder you will find the preview image. It isn't the best size or quality, but if you want to for memory's sake it is fine. Someday I assume Disney will add a watermark to the image to prevent this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom