Photopass question for recent visitors

melissw

Original Poster
I was reading the comments on AllEars and several recent visitors (over the last month or 2) were saying there seemed to be less Photopass photographers around the parks and longer lines waiting to get pics taken. Any other recent visitors noticed this?
(I've never used PhotoPass myself, but considering for our trip later this month)

We went before 2009. At night their aren't a lot of them out. I saw like NONE in Ak. You would see a lot at the Castle in MK and The hat in DHS and globe in Epcot. Never seen them AK! When i went just saying... Overall, it is definitely worth it!

ewensell3

I was reading the comments on AllEars and several recent visitors (over the last month or 2) were saying there seemed to be less Photopass photographers around the parks and longer lines waiting to get pics taken. Any other recent visitors noticed this?
(I've never used PhotoPass myself, but considering for our trip later this month)

3/16 - 3/18 - We had no trouble finding a Photopass person at the usual locations. Seemed like the same number of them (2 to 4 at the entrances, 1 or 2 at prime "landmark" photo spots, etc), but would agree there seemed like more people waiting for a photographer to free up (one or two families ahead of us). It could have been due to crowds and/or more people are taking advantage of Photopass.

We take advantage of Photopass at every opportunity. Not only for the professional photos, but they will also take a photo with your personal camera. I consider it a very valuable service.

PS - We received a wrist-band based Photopass card at Pixie Hollow. They indicated that all Photopass will be transitioning to this style card. Wife loves it! Very convenient.

muteki

As of a month ago when we went, there were plenty about in the more photogenic parts of MK. Never a wait. Didn't find any in Epcot though, outside the characters around world showcase.

This was our first time using them, and while it is a great service for couples who don't want to flag people down to get pictures together, purchasing your pictures is quite expensive. Next time, we will try and get them to take photos with our camera too, as we saw lots of folks do that and we should do the same.

DizneyPryncess

I found there to be a huge decrease in photopass photographers from July 08 to March 09. At Hollywood Studios over Spring Break I saw 1 or 2, that was all. I typically would have said pre-purchasing the disc was worth it, I have done it before. Now I'm not so sure. I know I won't be doing it on my next trip based on what I saw.

goodtimes5286

to be honest i never really got the whole deal part of the photo pass. You can always ask a friendly CM and they'll take a nice photo of you (my avatar) and you dont have to pay a penny or deal with going and doing it, i just plug in and i have all my pictures for life. maybe theres been less b/c it isnt as lucrative in a bad economy when everyone has a digital camera

Susan Savia

We've used the Photo Pass system, but find we also hand them our camera. Our last trip in January, we didn't buy any of the Photo Pass pictures as the ones taken on our cameras were just as good, if not better in quality.

Gorjus

to be honest i never really got the whole deal part of the photo pass. You can always ask a friendly CM and they'll take a nice photo of you (my avatar) and you dont have to pay a penny or deal with going and doing it, i just plug in and i have all my pictures for life. maybe theres been less b/c it isnt as lucrative in a bad economy when everyone has a digital camera

Please don't take this the wrong way. Your avatar photo sucks. It was taken too wide. You can't see your faces. Too much un-needed stuff in the photo. It should have been zoomed in more. If you'd given your camera to a photopass person, they might have taken a better shot. If the photo we take with your camera comes out fine. Don't buy ours. If we got a better photo. ... Well, t hat is up to you. See comment below.

We've used the Photo Pass system, but find we also hand them our camera. Our last trip in January, we didn't buy any of the Photo Pass pictures as the ones taken on our cameras were just as good, if not better in quality.

Sometimes we have camera issues and we don't realize it till an hour later. That is why it is good to use your camera. Sometimes we have photographers that are just learning. With a precise camera such as ours, mistakes can be made. When using an amateur camera, such as yours, mistakes are erased.

The average photographer on the street doesn't care a flying fig whether you buy a photo or not. That is the care of people 5 levels above them. They care about not being bored in their locations. So use the photographers. Be polite and give them your photopass card with your camera. Management seems to key in on how many sessions you photograph. They think more sessions equals more sales. Grrr But that is a subject for another discussion. Help the photographers out. Let them take a photo with your camera and theirs. They get their sessions in. You get better quality photos.

As to the original poster, you are right and you are wrong. If I'm in World Showcase and a person tells me I'm the first photographer they've seen, I know they are unobservant. There is a photographer at Epcot, right when you enter the turnstiles. If you ran past them to get to Soarin'...not my problem. There is a photographer behind SpaceShip Earth. If you ran past them to get to WSC...not my problem. There are photographers with characters. If you aren't into that....you get the point.

However, due to the economy, the department is required to produce as much revenue with much less expenditure. So ALOT less photographers are out there. You have to search them out. Depending on the park, our hours are reduced to about 35 hours per week, rather than the 45 we were getting before.

So, if you see a photographer, grab them.

It isn't hard. Use photopass as a back up system to your camera. If yours came out, you don't need ours. If your camera isn't the great, maybe ours might be better.

can't speak for the last couple of months..

just wanted to say if you order before your trip your cd is only $99. Well worth it IMO, great photos and so beats the hassle of constantly asking people to take pics for you!! We used it in 07 and already bought it for our upcoming trip. and the pics are copyright released.

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitcdplan.aspx

(love the news on the wristband.... hope they have them when we go!)

Kobe!!

I just came back a few weeks ago and yes, there are very few of them.

Also, I applied for this postition for my internship down there this summer and the lady on the phone told me that they are not hiring a lot of people for this position... w/e that is supposed to mean... :shrug:

erikwatts

In my revent experiences, I've noticed the photopass photographers to be like anything else in the park, and that's guaged by attendance. The more people, the less available the photo passers are, but it does seem that Disney posts more of them around the parks when there are higher attendance numbers. Nonetheless, we've always had good experiences with them so we don't mind searching or waiting for them. Plus if you take your own camers, they will shoot some pictures with yours as well.

PS - We received a wrist-band based Photopass card at Pixie Hollow. They indicated that all Photopass will be transitioning to this style card. Wife loves it! Very convenient.[/quote]

We got one of these in September 2006 at one of the waterparks. Very convenient since we didn't have many pockets in our swim suits.:ROFLOL: We also had a regular credit-card-type one as well and merged the photos into one account before we left for home.

Auroragirl

Where else can I get info on the photo pass? I've read (somewhere) you can pre-order your photos and it ends up coming alot cheaper....

jandersonlj

I pre-ordered for my last trip. It is $99.00 and you pay shipping when you order the CD. I think I found this at allearsnet.com by doing a search for Disney Photopass (I hope I am remembering correctly!).
I have a problem with my pictures...can anybody help!!! My pictures look great on the computer, but when I take them to Wal-green's to print them off, part of the border is cut off. I am pretty sure that it is not a problem with the photopass but rather with the printing. Has anybody else had this problem. If so, where can I go to get pictures printed so that all of my border is printed on my picture. :shrug::shrug:

Hey, I just checked and my memory serves me well....this time!! Do a search on allearsnet for Disney Photopass. Choose the first one that it brings up. Way down close to the bottom of the page, it will give you money saving tips. This will take you to the preorder info.

calicommando

There did seem to be a lot fewer Photopass Photographers on our most recent visit. However we still used their services whenever we got the opportunity (and our kids were in a decent mood). Not only did we get some great pictures from them, but some of our best CM interactions (which can be very important in experiencing the "magic"). A couple of the photographers in particular went out of their way to make our experience more pleasant.

amontpet

I have a problem with my pictures...can anybody help!!! My pictures look great on the computer, but when I take them to Wal-green's to print them off, part of the border is cut off. I am pretty sure that it is not a problem with the photopass but rather with the printing. Has anybody else had this problem. If so, where can I go to get pictures printed so that all of my border is printed on my picture. :shrug::shrug:

This has happened to me. It has to do with the size of the photo and enlargements. I have had better luck when I do not check the box for crop to fit. I usually print them out at home so I am not sure if you have the ability to do that at Wal-green`s or somewhere else. You can always ask if you can do it if you do not see the option.

kitten2299

Does anyone know if the photos taked at the BBB are able to be put on your photopass? Do you have to by the $200 package to get them as I read that they take picture through out the whole process.

Yes, the BBB photos taken during the makeover are part of the photopass... I know because they saved me big time!! I had lost my camera right before we went to BBB in a restroom while getting my daughters' costumes on... the photopass CM's were SO kind and took oodles of photos for me...
there won't be any really posed formal ones like you would probably get with the package... but they do take the experience.

luckily the camera later turned up at town hall thanks to a very kind person.

but I have lots of BBB's on our photopass disc without paying any extra.

for those looking for the $99 deal... I put a link earlier on in the thread...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom