Photopass photos expire?

AndrewRnR

Original Poster
It says my photos will expire tomorrow. Does that mean just from online or the entire PhotoPass system all together? I was planning on heading to a PhotoPass location later this week at the park to order some photos... will I be too late?

wdwdude423

I understand that they don't have the server power to hold the thousands of photos they store on PhotoPass, but I feel that the expiration date is a little unfair. When it first came out I had no idea the photos expired and never got to see them :( . But, they have to do what they have to do.

DisneyJoe

They expire 30 days from the time you first login with that specific photopass card; so if your trip ends on Jan 1, and you don't login with that photopass card until Jan 14 to view them, you will have until Feb 14 to purchase them.

Figment1989

Are you sure about that? I tried to go online about 3 months after my trip, and they were gone, but I never actually activated the account and looked at them online...

DisneyJoe

Are you sure about that? I tried to go online about 3 months after my trip, and they were gone, but I never actually activated the account and looked at them online...

I'll double-check tonight, I have a Photopass card at home from my Mousefest trip. I'll let you know what it says.

Figment82

No, its 30 days from when they were taken.

However, if you place an order within the 30 days and something goes wrong in the delivery process, even after they expire Disney can replace your photos. I ordered a few prints that got lost in the mail and Disney resent them to me with no problem even after they had expired a few days prior.

sweetpee_1993

I understand that Disney couldn't possibly keep all the PhotoPass pictures for extended periods of time because of sheer volume. Although it's a totally different system altogether, when we had our private family portraits done they posted the proofs to collages.net. They are set to expire in 30 days as well unless we pay to have our "event" extended. It costs $9.99 for each 30 days we extend. I plan to extend a minimum of 4 months but most likely will do it for 6. That way I can buy the portraits already mounted and the leather bound albums which are the most expensive without trying to kill myself right here at the holidays. :) Wouldn't it be nice if we could extend our PhotoPass pics that way???

boulderdgrandpa

PhotoPass Extension

If you are working on purchasing photos, they will extend your expiration date by 30 days. I was working on DVD's and they extended my expiration twice. Use the e-mail address on the PhotoPass site to make a request.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom