Photopass CD

coleandrachel

Original Poster
Does anyone here order the Photopass CD after a trip? Or maybe have any cool alternatives or tips that they like to do with this? The Photopass CD is now $170! Holy Cow! I know that the photos are nicely done, but are they worth that much to y'all?

AndyS2992

No they are not worth that price. Just hand your own camera to a CM and they'll be happy to take the photos for you. Then go home and edit them yourself as you please.

wiigirl

I still pre-order mine too...
75.gif

taz0162

yep it definately saves to pre-order. Just link your photopass cards received at the parks to the account and bingo done. There is also photopass+ that includes the ride photo's and character meal photos. It's a little more but I think it's worth it. Also depends though how many days you have there. only a couple probably not worth it but a week or so then it's worth it because you have more photos taken.

Gt2BtheGoodLife

The CD is worth it if you're going to take the pictures. By that I mean, don't pre-order the CD and then take 80 pictures your whole vacation if you're wanting to get your moneys worth truly. Hunt us down, we've got magic shots, we're with characters, we rove, we're everywhere and can make it very well worth it to help photograph your vacation :) If you do the CD and do the pre-order or even buy it online when you get home from your vacation, for each photo you take you can do 3 edits to the pictures (add different borders, signatures, black and white/sepia) so you quadruple your photos for the same exact price! If you know that you're going to do rides or know for sure that you have an ADR at a restaurant that we're at, the Photopass Plus makes that extra 30 dollars worth it, because a photo package at the restaurant is $31.90 with tax, and you can get all your ride photos as well! If you decide the Photopass Plus is your way to go, you can pre-order online (i don't have the link on me sorry) and you do save some money as well that way too. You'd be suprised how many pictures you can take in a vacation.

Poofiesdream

Got the photopass plus and just got back from our trip. Love the pictures! Includes all the ride photos too. Their running a special right now but in advance and its $149. What a deal worth ever penny. They do all kind of special shots too. Don't have to lug around a camera and batteries and worry about how the pictures turn out. :)

sbkline

The CD is worth it if you're going to take the pictures. By that I mean, don't pre-order the CD and then take 80 pictures your whole vacation if you're wanting to get your moneys worth truly. Hunt us down, we've got magic shots, we're with characters, we rove, we're everywhere and can make it very well worth it to help photograph your vacation :) If you do the CD and do the pre-order or even buy it online when you get home from your vacation, for each photo you take you can do 3 edits to the pictures (add different borders, signatures, black and white/sepia) so you quadruple your photos for the same exact price! If you know that you're going to do rides or know for sure that you have an ADR at a restaurant that we're at, the Photopass Plus makes that extra 30 dollars worth it, because a photo package at the restaurant is $31.90 with tax, and you can get all your ride photos as well! If you decide the Photopass Plus is your way to go, you can pre-order online (i don't have the link on me sorry) and you do save some money as well that way too. You'd be suprised how many pictures you can take in a vacation.

What restaraunts do the photopass photogrophers appear at? I know some restaraunts that do photo packages, but I did not know of any that will just put the picture on your photopass card.

jackson2005

Got the photopass plus and just got back from our trip. Love the pictures! Includes all the ride photos too. Their running a special right now but in advance and its $149. What a deal worth ever penny. They do all kind of special shots too. Don't have to lug around a camera and batteries and worry about how the pictures turn out. :)
Where did you find it on sale?

Blueskyze

We also pre-ordered the Photopass+ before our last trip, and we felt like we definitely got our money's worth, with the ride and restaurant photos. I edit, crop, and add borders, and end up with twice as many pictures as I started with. Make sure you ask about magic shots!

ejsanta13

We did PP for our July 2010 trip and did not do it for our Jan 2012 trip. We kicked ourselves for not having it. thou we do carry a DSLR camera and have the PP photographers use it for us, having the CD, being able to customize the borders and such is nice. Last time, we ended up with over 400 images for a weeks trip. For our Dec 2012 trip we ordered the PP+ (There is discount going on right now on top of the prepurchase discount. I had already purchased so I called and asked for the discount as a credit on my cc and they issued. Note you can only do this if you have not used the PP+ yet.) We tend to do the rides that have photo's a lot as DW & I love ToT, RnR, Everest, Space and the kids love Buzz. We never buy the photo's cuz $15 each is just too much, but are looking forward to having them. Also have a Tusker House ADR where the photo is part of the PP+ package. Can't wait....

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I used it once on the pre order, we got plenty of shots as we had a family gathering. Sadly many of the camera operators were sub standard and the acceptable images were few indeed. The worst thing is you dont find out till its too late.
But its all about personal choice, and I know some folk wouldnt be too bothered by images not being crisp or folk being caught mid blink.

erasure fan1

We only get it if there are multiple groups with us. Our last trip we divided the cost between my 2 sisters and mom, so that was a good deal. If it is just us we never buy the CD. I find that the pictures from my camera are almost always better than theirs. And if by some chance there is an awesome family picture or something, we just order the one print.

jonesenon4

:Dmy family and i purchased the photo pass during our last trip and it was well worth it.like others have said just playing with the borders and changing the photos some was a joy for the family after we got home.our next trip is coming up in dec. and we are planning on getting it again.

Gt2BtheGoodLife

What restaraunts do the photopass photogrophers appear at? I know some restaraunts that do photo packages, but I did not know of any that will just put the picture on your photopass card.

Of course this is all subject to availability but: Chef Mickeys, 1900 park faire, Ohan'as, the Luau at Poly, Hoop de Doo Revue, CRT, Tusker House. I believe those are all of them, my mind is telling me that there's one more but I can't remember it for the life of me if it exists. WAIT I GOT IT. AKER... PRINCESS STORYBOOK DINING AT EPCOT. I can't pronounce the actual name for anything, it's the one in Norway.

I honestly still 100% don't know how the dining photo gets to the photopass plus, because I don't see many come to me in the view stations so I can't really give an answer because I don't want you to purchase it with false information kinda thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom