1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

PhotoPass Attraction Photos and MagicBands

Discussion in 'Using MyMagic+, FastPass+ and My Disney Experience' started by CJ @ Disney, Nov 10, 2017.

1. CJ @ Disney

CJ @ Disney New Member

Can anyone confirm MagicBand users no longer need to scan their bands at the photo preview walls in order to claim ride photos and videos?

Disney's newest PhotoPass page (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/photo-pass-service/) states that MagicBand users no longer need to stop at the photo preview walls to scan their MagicBands to claim PhotoPass ride photos and videos. This suggests Disney is using RFID to link guests to their ride photos, but if that's not the case, we stand to lose a lot of great photos by not claiming our photos at the walls.

2. JaxFLBear

JaxFLBear Active Member

You shouldn't need to scan your MB at the photo display. BUT, if the long range sensor fails to read your MB properly, your photos won't link automatically. To be sure you get all of your photos, you may want to scan your MB where available. FEA and 7DMT don't have photo displays after the ride, so no way to manually link those.

CJ @ Disney likes this.
  3. dreamfinder

dreamfinder Well-Known Member

As long as you know roughly when you were on the ride, Photopass can usually locate any photos that don't get properly tagged. You can stop by any of the Photopass locations in park while you are there and have them look, or you can contact them online as well.

4. helenabear

helenabear Well-Known Member

This!!!! We lost out on some pictures that get the cute animation because I didn't scan the band and the sensor didn't work for all 3 of us! We got the pictures by sending a missing picture request. So they were able to find them, but I posed knowing what the silly add on animation would be to no avail LOL After that I always scanned.

5. NelleBelle

NelleBelle Well-Known Member

Good to know! I think I'd be so type-a that I'd have to scan just to put my mind at ease. I always freaked out when the photos wouldn't always immediately download (once we ended up with someone else's pictures entirely, which really sent my freak-out meter into overdrive!) :)

6. SJH'72

SJH'72 Active Member

We came off Buzz last week and found a photo of 2 complete strangers in our account! Turned out my MIL had scanned the wrong image as hadn’t seen the coloured lines linking from screen to MB scanner...:joyfull:

7. NelleBelle

NelleBelle Well-Known Member

Oh no!! This is EXACTLY what will happen to us in June...my MIL is totally clueless about technology and she will have to be watched that she doesn't do that, LOL!! :facepalm::rolleyes::p

8. JaxFLBear

JaxFLBear Active Member

The PhotoPass website (MyDisneyPhotoPass.com) will allow you to delete photos if necessary.

NelleBelle likes this.
  9. SJH'72

SJH'72 Active Member

Yes, it’s easy to delete extra ones and find missing ones if you make a note of where and when you were at a certain ride if they fail to show up.