PhotoPass Attraction Photos and MagicBands

CJ @ Disney

Original Poster
Can anyone confirm MagicBand users no longer need to scan their bands at the photo preview walls in order to claim ride photos and videos?

Disney's newest PhotoPass page (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/photo-pass-service/) states that MagicBand users no longer need to stop at the photo preview walls to scan their MagicBands to claim PhotoPass ride photos and videos. This suggests Disney is using RFID to link guests to their ride photos, but if that's not the case, we stand to lose a lot of great photos by not claiming our photos at the walls.

JaxFLBear

You shouldn't need to scan your MB at the photo display. BUT, if the long range sensor fails to read your MB properly, your photos won't link automatically. To be sure you get all of your photos, you may want to scan your MB where available. FEA and 7DMT don't have photo displays after the ride, so no way to manually link those.

dreamfinder

As long as you know roughly when you were on the ride, Photopass can usually locate any photos that don't get properly tagged. You can stop by any of the Photopass locations in park while you are there and have them look, or you can contact them online as well.

correcaminos

You shouldn't need to scan your MB at the photo display. BUT, if the long range sensor fails to read your MB properly, your photos won't link automatically. To be sure you get all of your photos, you may want to scan your MB where available. FEA and 7DMT don't have photo displays after the ride, so no way to manually link those.
This!!!! We lost out on some pictures that get the cute animation because I didn't scan the band and the sensor didn't work for all 3 of us! We got the pictures by sending a missing picture request. So they were able to find them, but I posed knowing what the silly add on animation would be to no avail LOL After that I always scanned.

NelleBelle

Good to know! I think I'd be so type-a that I'd have to scan just to put my mind at ease. I always freaked out when the photos wouldn't always immediately download (once we ended up with someone else's pictures entirely, which really sent my freak-out meter into overdrive!) :)

SJH'72

We came off Buzz last week and found a photo of 2 complete strangers in our account! Turned out my MIL had scanned the wrong image as hadn’t seen the coloured lines linking from screen to MB scanner...:joyfull:

NelleBelle

We came off Buzz last week and found a photo of 2 complete strangers in our account! Turned out my MIL had scanned the wrong image as hadn’t seen the coloured lines linking from screen to MB scanner...:joyfull:
Oh no!! This is EXACTLY what will happen to us in June...my MIL is totally clueless about technology and she will have to be watched that she doesn't do that, LOL!! :facepalm::rolleyes::p

JaxFLBear

Oh no!! This is EXACTLY what will happen to us in June...my MIL is totally clueless about technology and she will have to be watched that she doesn't do that, LOL!! :facepalm::rolleyes::p

The PhotoPass website (MyDisneyPhotoPass.com) will allow you to delete photos if necessary.

SJH'72

Yes, it’s easy to delete extra ones and find missing ones if you make a note of where and when you were at a certain ride if they fail to show up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom