News PhotoPass at some character locations being replaced by automated cameras

Cmdr_Crimson

But you still haven't Properly answered my question ? Without Asking anyone else how do you get the photo's of your whole family ?
I believe that word "group selfie" is still a thing..But, if you don't have the courage and be polite to ask anyone if they can take a photo using their smartphone or camera...Your pretty much schuck outta luck...I had random families ask to take a photo of them while I was there and was more than happy to..

kong1802

I believe that word "group selfie" is still a thing..But, if you don't have the courage and be polite to ask anyone if they can take a photo using their smartphone or camera...Your pretty much schuck outta luck...I had random families ask to take a photo of them while I was there and was more than happy to..

You’re a saint. I would have told those lazies to carry in a tripod.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I have had exactly the same and have always been willing to help. Your argument is that you don't need people there to take your picture as you have your own camera. To me asking for help from a CM or a member of the public is no better than having a photopass photographer there.
Your opinion may be different and is just as valid :)

Cmdr_Crimson

I would, but wait for it.....

I’m too lazy :)
giphy.gif

DisAl

You are missing a key point here. We are (or were) PAYING a premium price for a product with a lot of perceived added value. Now they are greatly reducing what you get but I will bet they don't lower the price.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I get far more full family photos now than I ever did before PhotoPass. All my WDW photos as a kid were with me, my sister, and one of my parents (with the other taking a picture). Sure, we got the odd photo where we were able to get someone else to take a picture of all of us, or a cast member happened to be walking by (which wasn't often the case on Main Street, for example). But most of our pictures were three out of four of us.

Contrast that to today. We still take pictures with our phones, lots of them. But we don memory maker, and I got hundreds of photos of my whole family. That's the value Memory Maker has for me.

Fable McCloud

I get far more full family photos now than I ever did before PhotoPass. All my WDW photos as a kid were with me, my sister, and one of my parents (with the other taking a picture). Sure, we got the odd photo where we were able to get someone else to take a picture of all of us, or a cast member happened to be walking by (which wasn't often the case on Main Street, for example). But most of our pictures were three out of four of us.

Contrast that to today. We still take pictures with our phones, lots of them. But we don memory maker, and I got hundreds of photos of my whole family. That's the value Memory Maker has for me.

I agree, I just came back from my Honeymoon in WDW and we bought Memory Maker so we could have all the beautiful photos that the photographers took. I'm glad I paid for it, it was worth it for the amount of beautiful images we got.

MattyBear

It will be interesting to see if there is actually going to be someone there to take a picture with your camera. The idea is to reduce staff and there might not be someone there to help out.

bunnyman

Is it lazy to expect a waiter to bring you your food instead of getting it yourself? PhotoPass is a paid service.

I've often said I'm waiting for the day when my local municipality due to budget cuts eliminates sanitation workers and just drives the garbage truck down the road and homeowners have to run out to deposit their trash into the truck.

aliceismad

Remember the days when you could use YOUR OWN CAMERA to just take pictures instead of just being lazy..Boy I sure do..

I don't think photopass is about being lazy. 1. Many people don't have great camera equipment or want to lug it around the parks. Even though many cell phones can take decent pictures, it's no match for what a real photographer can do with a real camera. (Whether the photopass photographers are real photographers or just talentless college kids is up to you and your perception. Regardless, I'm sure most are better than what I can take as a hack with an iphone.) 2. How many people have commented about a photopass photographer getting several great shots of their kids' emotions and responses to meeting a character, including close-ups? You really think Random Joe in line behind you is going to get those for you?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom