PhotoPass Anxiety

ThatBrunette

Our WDW trip in November of 2011 included 9 family members. We loved the Photopass service. Every time I saw a photographer, I grabbed a family member and said "Photopass time!". We got pictures from all over the parks. (This was before the rides were added to the pass.) I hate being in pictures but I loved posing for the magical ones. I got a fantastic photo with my niece in front of Spaceship Earth at night.

So, this year, it is just the three of us (DH, me and DS). I loved using Photopass last time but, we had a big group. I want the Photopass+ for the ride shots and the MNSSHP ghostly shots. I am having a hard time spending $150 on pictures for 3 people.

Can 3 people get enough photos to make it worth the money? Should I learn to use my own camera? Will I fuss over all of the details of my trip? Stay tuned!

lunchbox1175

i was curious as to how many photopass PLUS cards you get. Do they only give you one of these cards? So if i go with the family and we split up would only 1 of us get to use the "on ride" card? can i request a 2nd or 3rd photopass PLUS card?
They only give you one Photopass Plus Card, but everyone can get a normal photo pass card and then have the pictures transferred on to the Photopass Plus Card. It is very simple to do at any of the kiosks.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

i was curious as to how many photopass PLUS cards you get. Do they only give you one of these cards? So if i go with the family and we split up would only 1 of us get to use the "on ride" card? can i request a 2nd or 3rd photopass PLUS card?

You only get 1 plus card per PP+ purchase. If the family splits up, anyone at a ride without the card can take note of the picture number, and the person with the card returns later to claim it. You should have til the end of park operating hours that day to claim, and may have some luck claiming the next day, but I wouldn't push it.

PP+ is seen by some as a way to combat PhotoCD shares. If people want the ride/dining pictures, they need to buy PP+ and really cannot easily share it with other people.

Upvote 0

Kev1417

just unfortunate that one set of family can't ride space mountain while the other rides buzz. but i suppose if they get the number of the picture it can be easily transferred. do cast members frown upon that though?

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

just unfortunate that one set of family can't ride space mountain while the other rides buzz. but i suppose if they get the number of the picture it can be easily transferred. do cast members frown upon that though?

Not at all. That's what the PP CMs are suggesting. And in your scenario you would need to meet back up somewhere, which ever has the shorter line takes the card, and then they meet at the longer one and claim the picture there too.

I know that on the rare occasions when we bought the actual prints, we would ride 2 or 3 times, noting the numbers and then have the CMs pull them up to compare. That way we could choose the best one.

Upvote 0

SnowFire

I posted in a thread a few weeks ago while we were at the world about how happy I was that we purchased the package. While I am still glad we got it, I am a bit less thrilled at this point. Two things that you might want to keep in mind that we learned the hard way...

1. While most of the photographers are awesome, there are others that calling them amateurs would be a compliment. We found a few that seem to have just snapped and sent us on our way without even being able to see our entire group. Even though there were only 5 of us, we have several photos where someone's face is blocked by someone else. Lesson here? Get lots of photos with different photographers if a ceratin scene is important to you.

2) Apparently photos sometimes get lost. In going through our photos, I am aware of at least 4 sets from different locations and days) that are missing. :( In one case, the photographer said that he was having trouble with his scanner and that he would take a photo of our card so that there would be no problem. It seems that approach did not help. My wife is going to be getting in touch with Disney today to see if there is anything they can do to locate the photos. Lesson here? Again, get lots of photos, but also keep track of what has been taken. Most of the on-ride photos provided a receipt even though they were free but the photographers don't have that ability.

Hoping that, somehow, Disney magic prevails and they are able to find our missing photos.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink93

We don't frown :)

I posted in a thread a few weeks ago while we were at the world about how happy I was that we purchased the package. While I am still glad we got it, I am a bit less thrilled at this point. Two things that you might want to keep in mind that we learned the hard way...

1. While most of the photographers are awesome, there are others that calling them amateurs would be a compliment. We found a few that seem to have just snapped and sent us on our way without even being able to see our entire group. Even though there were only 5 of us, we have several photos where someone's face is blocked by someone else. Lesson here? Get lots of photos with different photographers if a ceratin scene is important to you.

2) Apparently photos sometimes get lost. In going through our photos, I am aware of at least 4 sets from different locations and days) that are missing. :( In one case, the photographer said that he was having trouble with his scanner and that he would take a photo of our card so that there would be no problem. It seems that approach did not help. My wife is going to be getting in touch with Disney today to see if there is anything they can do to locate the photos. Lesson here? Again, get lots of photos, but also keep track of what has been taken. Most of the on-ride photos provided a receipt even though they were free but the photographers don't have that ability.

Hoping that, somehow, Disney magic prevails and they are able to find our missing photos.

They'll definitely be able to find your photos, not to worry.

Upvote 0

Raven66

We bought the pp+ for our pass trip in June. If it had just been the 3 of us it would have totally worked out to our advantage. BUT we brought a friend of our daughter's with us and she was a nightmare about pictures and characters. So utterly disgusted by the whole thing. On our next trip there will be no tag a longs with us and we will get it again. Since we had so few I was a little disappointed that some of our pictures were missing. THEY NEVER FOUND THEM! Emails back and forth. They wanted where, when, what we were wearing, who was in it etc. I did all that, they were just gone. I was so angry about spending that much money and what we got wasn't worth it. Bottom line is, if you are planning on stopping at every photopass photographer,character with a photographer and get every ride photo then it is worth it.

Upvote 0

CLandrum

We always purchase a calendar from our photopass pictures. It runs around $30 with shipping and we get aournd 30 photos printed. We also have the photopass people take pics with our camera as well.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom