PhotoPass Anxiety

ThatBrunette

Our WDW trip in November of 2011 included 9 family members. We loved the Photopass service. Every time I saw a photographer, I grabbed a family member and said "Photopass time!". We got pictures from all over the parks. (This was before the rides were added to the pass.) I hate being in pictures but I loved posing for the magical ones. I got a fantastic photo with my niece in front of Spaceship Earth at night.

So, this year, it is just the three of us (DH, me and DS). I loved using Photopass last time but, we had a big group. I want the Photopass+ for the ride shots and the MNSSHP ghostly shots. I am having a hard time spending $150 on pictures for 3 people.

Can 3 people get enough photos to make it worth the money? Should I learn to use my own camera? Will I fuss over all of the details of my trip? Stay tuned!

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Do the 3 of you like getting pictures or just you? We had over 200 pictures on our last trip (mostly of DD at M&Gs). I always tell the the photographers we already paid for the disk so take lots and they do!. We got some great candids and formals with each character plus the normal in front of the castle etc. PP+ is also good for some character meal pictures if you are planning some of those.

Upvote 0

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
My family (DW, DD, and myself) just bought our Photopass Plus for our trip next month. We are hoping it will be worth it. In the past, we have always just gotten a regular photopass - we usually end up with a few hundred photos (a couple times we have gotten enough for two discs). We just got the 'stock photos' disc in the mail which is nice, but I'm not sure how much we will really use it.

Between the ride photos and the character meal photos, we think it is going to be worth it. That being said, I don't think we will do it again! Just this once, we are splurging by staying for almost two weeks, so we figured we will make it worth our while.

Upvote 0

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Oh, I forgot to mention we are only at WDW for 3 days. One night is MNSSHP with us in costume.

Hmmm... 3 days, 3 people - not sure the Plus is worth it for that. Are you doing any of the character meals that are included? You can likely buy the ride photos from a 3 day trip for cheaper than the extra $50 for the Plus. I would still get the Photopass for all the MNSSHP pics, though.

Upvote 0

britlightyear

If you are on facebook, search for walt disney world photopass share. You can post what dates you are going and get set up with a group going around the same dates as you. One person has the main account and everyone else gets a PP card when they get to WDW, puts as many pics on as possible and then all the cards are combined and the CD is ordered. I have not done this personally but my cousin just did this for her trip in April and says she only ended up paying about $14 for all her pictures.

Upvote 0

ThatBrunette

Original Poster
Hmmm... 3 days, 3 people - not sure the Plus is worth it for that. Are you doing any of the character meals that are included? You can likely buy the ride photos from a 3 day trip for cheaper than the extra $50 for the Plus. I would still get the Photopass for all the MNSSHP pics, though.

No character meals but, the boys love Spaceranger Spin and will ride it forever.We might try for Jedi Training Academy again. DS loves Thunder Mountain. I love Halloween. I have a tendency to over-think things...

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

3 days? Definitely not worth it to do PP+. Just pre buy the PhotoCD a week or so beforehand, and if you don't think you got enough pictures, you can request a refund. Just don't claim the pre-paid CD.

Shares can work out well (ran a few on another board before they were banned), but you are entrusting complete strangers with your pictures.

Upvote 0

KatMaria

If you know your going to want the character photos from MNSSHP then yes I would get it, because I for one love the pictures from MNSSHP. And the ride photos are always fun to have. It just depends on if your going to want to get that many photos. Always safe to have it, then to not and then end up getting the photos and pay more later.

Upvote 0

LucyK

We were two on our last trip and we had a total of 208 pictures of the both of us and that was before the edits! I made a point of stopping for all Phopass photographers, inside and out the parks, sometimes more than once. Granted we stayed for 10 days but I still though it was a LOT of pictures. We also rode a lot on the rides that allow for the PP+, I have 8 pictures of us at EE, 4 at Buzz, 5 at Dinosaur, 5 at SM, 4 at TT. We also have all Magical Shots but the Hook one.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

We have an 8:00 ADR for Crystal Palace on a day when MK opens at 9:00; will the photopass photographers be in place at 8:00?

Yes, there are typically Photopass photographers in place prior to guests being allowed into the park. However, they are usually still trickling into their positions at that point, so there may only be one or two. If you have an appt at 8AM, make sure to be ready for a quick photo on the way in as you may not have much time from when they let you in.

Upvote 0

Blueskyze

We did Photopass+ last summer for our family of 3, and it was totally worth it. But that was with lots of ride photos, characters, and meals with photo packages. We also did an early ADR for Crystal Palace (although not quite as early as yours), and we got some awesome shots of us in the empty park. Our next trip is going to be a lot like yours - 4 nights during MNSSHP, and I'm planning to purchase PP+ again, but mainly b/c we'll be bringing my mom and a new baby and I want to make sure we capture every moment!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Our WDW trip in November of 2011 included 9 family members. We loved the Photopass service. Every time I saw a photographer, I grabbed a family member and said "Photopass time!". We got pictures from all over the parks. (This was before the rides were added to the pass.) I hate being in pictures but I loved posing for the magical ones. I got a fantastic photo with my niece in front of Spaceship Earth at night.

So, this year, it is just the three of us (DH, me and DS). I loved using Photopass last time but, we had a big group. I want the Photopass+ for the ride shots and the MNSSHP ghostly shots. I am having a hard time spending $150 on pictures for 3 people.

Can 3 people get enough photos to make it worth the money? Should I learn to use my own camera? Will I fuss over all of the details of my trip? Stay tuned!

Yes! It was my DH and I and we got so many pictures they had to put it on 2 disks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I took every magic shot, every time I saw a PP photographer I took a shot. You will totally get your monies worth!

Upvote 0

Kev1417

i was curious as to how many photopass PLUS cards you get. Do they only give you one of these cards? So if i go with the family and we split up would only 1 of us get to use the "on ride" card? can i request a 2nd or 3rd photopass PLUS card?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom