Photography within the parks

teacherlady19

Original Poster
Hi ... new to the FL properties, as we are planning our first trip to WDW for June. (We've been up to DL/Anaheim a LOT!)

We just bought our first DSLR (Canon EOS Rebel T3i). I'd love to take it with me to photograph Animal Kingdom and Epcot from a first time visitors standpoint.

How do you keep your camera dry when you want to experience a wet ride like the River Adventure thing in Animal Kingdom? Are there other rides where I might not want to have the camera along? In DL there are lockers, but they are QUITE a walk from the wet rides like Splash Mountain, and frankly I'm not sure they'd be safe.

Donna

britdaw

Hey Donna! For me, I took large ziplock bags and wrapped my camera and lenses up in those before putting them in the backpack for water rides or if it rained. It worked like a charm to keep my stuff safe and dry!

NowInc

Hi ... new to the FL properties, as we are planning our first trip to WDW for June. (We've been up to DL/Anaheim a LOT!)

We just bought our first DSLR (Canon EOS Rebel T3i). I'd love to take it with me to photograph Animal Kingdom and Epcot from a first time visitors standpoint.

How do you keep your camera dry when you want to experience a wet ride like the River Adventure thing in Animal Kingdom? Are there other rides where I might not want to have the camera along? In DL there are lockers, but they are QUITE a walk from the wet rides like Splash Mountain, and frankly I'm not sure they'd be safe.

Donna

I bring a lowepro bag...i've been literally trapped in torrential downpours and the bag got drenched, while the gear inside stayed bone dry...

http://www.amazon.com/Lowepro-Sling...X50G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336393240&sr=8-1

REALLY good value....light..easy to put your camera away (so you can ride everything and keep the camera safe for those rides you dont want to risk it with)...and best of all..weather proof (which means water proof). Granted you can't DUNK the thing underwater..but you should also never be in such a situation at disney anyway :p

Also..on Kali River rapids...there is a compartment on the raft in the middle for storing your stuff to keep it out of harms way..but id still use the bag as well in combination with that.

ddbowdoin

never really had to worry... d7000 is weather sealed.

NowInc, I wish that bag could handle the 70-200VRII because thats a great price.

Brutphoto

Donna

Plastic bag, or goes in to my Crumpler shoulder bag, or if I have my backpack goes in there...unless if I want to do photos on the ride.. Then its rain gear piece...but have yet to shoot on a water ride.

KeithVH

I would also +1 any LowePro bag with an AW designation. There are actually a lot of them, check their website. The AW's have a thin, foldable attached cover that you can pull out at any time and wrap over the whole bag. Especially good for those typical FLA afternoon downpours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom