Photographers in the parks

drewDAK

Original Poster
I'm just curious,

What do all of you think about the high number of photographers in the Disney World Theme Parks?

I even hear that they work for Kodak and not Disney.

tigsmom

I like them...it's the only time we have a picture of the whole family together. I always find them very helpful in posing everyone for the best possibel picture. We usually get one in each park.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Originally posted by drewDAK
What do all of you think about the high number of photographers in the Disney World Theme Parks?

They can be a nuisance at times, but overall, they're harmless. As a character coordinator though, I can't stand having photographers in character meet location. It ruins something about it... maybe it's the fact the photographer is trying to keep high counts, so they rush people through, but I can't stand that.

yes. among other companies. Some work for FreezeFrame too I think.

disneyfamily

I think the photographers are great. We too , try to get one in every park. The quality of the photo is usually very high and sometimes that add characters around you. I have one from the first time my wife and I went while we were still dating and I have the last one with us and the three kids. Its usually the only souvenier we buy.

I wish more rides had pictures of you on the ride. I've got one from Dinosaur that has this rather large woman about to mess her pants because she was so scared. You should see the look on her face. Priceless

Michael72688

I think it's good, it's also easy for me, I never bring a camera (or anything for that matter) when I go, so if I want a picture I just get it from them and buy it, too easy!

CAPTAIN HOOK

Photographers

My experience of the photographers is one of being pushy - they stand in a row across Main Street and make you feel that you need a valid excuse NOT to have a picture taken. OK, so you don't need to buy it, but I think its something that the parks can do without.
Its just another line to roll in the $$$ for Disney.

tigsmom

I've never felt pressured to pose or buy a picture...they always ask...it's their job, but have never been rude when we soa no thanks.

The_CEO

I'm just curious,

I think its abunch of crap.. I dont bring my 400 $ digital camera for no reason. And now of days people even bring disposable cameras, why have a man take your picture then wait till 5:00 to view the pic. :veryconfu

Tigggrl

"No Thank You" usually works nicely. I have never felt pressured to take a pic, and when they were with Lilo and Stitch, I have 2 of the best pics ever.....:p

The_CEO

I've had one threaten my family and friends to take one.. If i didnt participate he would hunt me down later and and and.......:eek:

Nah im just fooling around. Yes they are nice people but i dont perfer being asked... Yeah it is their job.:)

Main Street USA

We usually don't get a chance to fit in a "no thank you." They're talking so fast saying "can I get you two to move right over here and face...." and they just talk right over us.

mandib

I like them. We have them all in our living room on the wall I'd say there's like 16 of them! We get some every trip!

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by Tigggrl
"No Thank You" usually works nicely.

Thats what I do.... "No Thanks.." and I pretend I am in a hurry...which I usally am :lol: ... to get to another ride, fastpass.. or a PS :)

Michael72688

There pictures are always pretty good, plus like I said before I hate carrying stuff around in the parks so its really easy for them to just take a picture.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I usually find that looking grumpy (hey, it's morning and I need coffee), or just not looking at them usually works. :)

Dandyboing

Originally posted by Fievel
I usually find that looking grumpy (hey, it's morning and I need coffee), or just not looking at them usually works. :)

Or wait until a crowd of people go by and hope they go for them and not you :)

ReDefined

I like them...

One guy asked if I would like him to take a picture of my wife and I with our own camera. He took a great shot on the bridge to the Tree of Life. So yes, I like these guys.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
They've never been rude or anything to us. And usually the first time in each park, I'll let them take a picture. It makes a nice souvenier.

However, after 7 or 8 days there, I have all my pictures and I'm not in need, so I'll just say that I already have one if they do ask :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom