Photographers in the parks

GalacticGobbler

I don't mind them, we have a few pics that they have taken and they came out great. It's also fun to be leaving the park and remember, "hey we need to go see our pictures"

Also, if you didnt know, your pics are available for a couple of days after they are taken

KathyG/poohbear

I have never had a Disney park photographer be pushy. AT times I have wanted pics and had to find someone to take it.

I love them & try to get one every trip.

WEDMagic

Kodak photographers

all of the walk around and character pictures are done by the kodak folks, they are a operating participent so they don the disney nametags, they usually arent pushy and sometimes can be, they have a certain amount of pictures they would like to take but if they dont most of them dont really care, they try to make budget like everywhere else. I think theyre pretty cool especially for guests who either dont have a digital camera or just want a nice shot. Some folks save up forever just to come to Walt Disney World and to have that great shot in front of the tree of life, cinderallas castle, spaceship earth or a giant Sorcerer's hat is that important to them, so they remember the good times,they walk in take a couple of photos and two ours later they can see them, then 3 minutes after that they carry them out the door, and when people loose them on the way home....they do indeed call and order more regardless if theres a cost
or not. its for the memories

DarkImage4

(Long time - no post...)

When my wife and I were in the Keys to the Kingdom Tour, our tourguide told us that all of the photograpehers are more than happy to take a photo with your own camera. We hadn't though of this, but after that, we used that info to our advantage. I can honestly say that they were all happy to oblige. Their photos were really well framed and we both got to be in the picture.

My advise, ask themm to use your camera, save the money, and get relatively the same photo you would have for their price

dliddi

i don't mind them, there really not that pushy, just say no thanks, and it's done, The only time i had experiance with one, is walking down main street, and we had are own camera, and he asked if we would like a picture useing our camera, and it turned out to be one of the best pictures of the trip, and we didn't have to pay a dime.

celestia

I like the option of taking a photo with them at the park entrances, i have a great one from epcot with my best friend there :) But i really don't like them in the character meet and greet areas, i agree, it ruins the experience.

sillyspook13

I always stop to have my picture taken if they ask. It only takes a few seconds, and it gives them a chance to do their job.

I also like when the Disney photographers take the pictures with my camera. They're the only people that aren't intimidated by it!:animwink: :lol:

Dwarful

well, I like them. sometimes its the only photos we get (usually one at each park) where our entire groop is in one photo and looks halfway decent!

just a fun little reminder of our trips!

Quentin Disney

I think the photographers do a good job in taking pictures. I had a few character pics done by them and they turned out great.

One cool thing that they do now when you purchase your photo is they put the character's autograph on the photo! For example, you'll get "Your Pal - Mickey Mouse" when with Mickey. A great little piece of Disney magic that kids will adore over.

orangefan15

I think they're a heck of a lot less pushy then photographers I've seen at other parks (i.e. Six Flags). Saying no thanks seems to make them go away rather quickly. All that being said, I'd prefer they'd not be all over Main Street...I think it ruins the atmosphere.

DisneyCP2000

I had a couple of photographer give me a rude response. I asked them if they could take one for me and they gave me an 'whatever' attitude. Seemed as if thier (2 of em) conversation was more important. I wasn't too happy about that. I just hoping that was a 1 time experience.

As for those family pictures...just ask ANY cast member you see and they'll happily take one for you. To be on the safe side ask them to take 2 shots for you!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I resent the use of the term photographer!! Most of them appear to have no training or very little understanding of the equipment they use even though their gear appears to be from the amature market.. The only thing that they appear to have sussed is the location of good photo opps, but that was probably done for them. If you go and look at there work its usually poor quality badly exposed, and heaven help you if theyve had to use a flash.

Buy the way, if any Kodak or Disney management are reading this, this photographic instructor will be available for hire this summer.:D

Oh buy the way if you want to get rid of them 2 tips.....

Say no thanx Im a proper photographer ( even though you arnt)
Or produce a better camera than theirs, its that old male envy thing:)

EchoOfOphelia

I really don't mind them even considering that I get asked 10 million times. Its usually the only time that my fiance and I actually have a picture together! Plus, you can view them with no committment and you don't have to buy them!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom