Photo update of the Tomorrowland refurbs

EPCOTPluto

Great photos, Steve! It'll be nice to have a more illuminated track on the TTA.

And that Skyway station... What a sad state it's in. Hope the next reincarnation is better.

WDWFigment

Thanks for the update. Looks like work is progressing. I wonder how much is actually being done to TTA, though, of if it's just closed because of work in Space?

Animaniac93-98

Good to see lighting upgrades to TTA. I wonder if they will replace the speakers, narration (partially) and upgrade the show scenes? Of course the part through SM will be different but the space inside Buzz could be made more exciting.

Exprcoofto

Good to see lighting upgrades to TTA. I wonder if they will replace the speakers, narration (partially) and upgrade the show scenes? Of course the part through SM will be different but the space inside Buzz could be made more exciting.

I would hope they would at least clean the show scenes, some of them are coated with years of dust.

EPCOTPluto

I know! There are so many places where a futuristic diorama could be places as other eye candy.

I only hope they do not remove the Progress City model.

jmuboy

it would be cool if 9-Eye and Timekeeper could be re-used along the TTA track or in the Space Mt post show.

Animaniac93-98

I only hope they do not remove the Progress City model.

I hope they keep it too, and I agree about the dust.

TTA is a large in size attraction and deserves to have regular cleaning to keep the dust, bird ________ and what not to a minimum.

As for the show scenes the static department store dioramas could at the very least be animated a bit more, but total replacements even using recycled AAs would be very welcome.

It would be a shame if this 4 month closure wasn't begin used to it's full extent, but at least some visible technical upgrades are begin made.

Edit: You can't say P*op on the internet?

jessfriends

So does the TTA open Aug 19th or 24th? :confused:

Anyways, glad to see some work going on. Thanks for the update!

Disney's operational updates still says 24th. Does anyone know if it is going to change to the 19th? Also, are they going to keep the waterfall on the skyway station?

kcnole

What's going on with the skyway. Is anything else scheduled to go there or are they just tearing down the upper portion?

CoryonFire

This may have been asked a thousand times already, but I'll be at the World until August 13th. Is there any chance for soft openings of the TTA? I don't mind SM being down, but it's a real drag to not be able to get on the TTA.

mrtoad

What is the purpose in removing the Skyway station? Is something going in there? I understand it has not been used it years which is why if they are just removing it and not putting something else in it would be weird. Why not now after all this time. Or are there structural issues?

mickey2008.1

Are they tearing down the whole station or just the top as i saw in this thread..I do like the waterfall as well. it certainly will look different. As long as its for the better

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom