Photo update of the Tomorrowland refurbs

meekoman

It really doesn't look like they have made any progress since the beginning of May when I was there. Still looks the same to me.

Castle Cake Apologist

It really doesn't look like they have made any progress since the beginning of May when I was there. Still looks the same to me.

Well, there's a LOT of stuff to remove from up there before they can tear it down... the entire fleet of buckets and al of the interior station cables and controls were still in there...

And as for the Timekeeper AA ever being reused... I wouldn't hold your breath. As far as I know, he was accidentally broken while being removed from the attraction.

And to tie it all together, what could be salvaged from his body was stored in a crate in the skyway station.

DiPSU224

I'm almost more bummed about TTA being closed for our trip than Space Mountain.:(

I hear you. It's our first trip back in 2 years and we are really bummed it'll be down for most of our trip but hopeful that it will get a little TLC. If it opens for Aug 25th it'll be a great birthday present for my husband!

EPCOT Explorer

Well, there's a LOT of stuff to remove from up there before they can tear it down... the entire fleet of buckets and al of the interior station cables and controls were still in there...

And as for the Timekeeper AA ever being reused... I wouldn't hold your breath. As far as I know, he was accidentally broken while being removed from the attraction.

And to tie it all together, what could be salvaged from his body was stored in a crate in the skyway station.

:( That's a shame....How bad?

EPCOTPluto

I know I once went up there "by accident" (;)) around 2007, and even though the purple doors holding the buckets was closed, I did remember masses of cable strewn around greatly. I would've attempted to go further in, but I never knew how visible one can be up there. I hightailed it back down. Fortunately, no one saw me. Well, that's what I hope.

And as for the Timekeeper AA ever being reused... I wouldn't hold your breath. As far as I know, he was accidentally broken while being removed from the attraction.And to tie it all together, what could be salvaged from his body was stored in a crate in the Skyway station.
Ugh, that sucks. How badly damaged? Like is it a total loss? :(

EPCOT Explorer

I know I once went up there "by accident" (;)) around 2007, and even though the purple doors holding the buckets was closed, I did remember masses of cable strewn around greatly. I would've attempted to go further in, but I never knew how visible one can be up there. I hightailed it back down. Fortunately, no one saw me. Well, that's what I hope.

Ugh, that sucks. How badly damaged? Like is it a total loss? :(
So...One would just go up the stairs?:lookaroun:lol:

That's pretty awesome. I've always wanted to do that with the JII Imageworks.:eek::lol:

RoRo

That's pretty awesome. I've always wanted to do that with the JII Imageworks.:eek::lol:

I have tried that at ImageWorks and I just took one step towards it and a CM stopped me :lol:. But I did go over to the WoL when it was closed and I went up to the doors then I ran back because I thought I would be caught.

EPCOTPluto

Well, from what I did, yes. It was super easy. I even got a piece of wall paint to test the lead amount. Not as much as I though. :lookaroun
And I always would like to sneak up to the upstairs as well. :)

But I did go over to the WoL when it was closed and I went up to the doors then I ran back because I thought I would be caught.
That must've been cool. I think they know us Disney fans well enough now, that once by EPCOT not too long ago, there are no more plants, but now a rope to prevent people to cross into. Not in this case for me sooner or later. :animwink::kiss::lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom