Photo tour around the 2010 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opening day

jt04

Just amazing.

Stitch, Bambi and those ostriches!!!:) (or is it ostritchi? :lol:)

Thanks for the pics.

mickeysaver

Thanks so much for the photos. The last couple of years I have gone solo during the F&G Fest, but I just can't swing it this year. It looks like they did a really great job this year. I wish I could be there.

Texas84

April 30 here I come! Disappointed in the butterfly garden. It was posted here that it was going to be expanded.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Are the Bonsai trees at Japan created by WDW horticulture or are they actually from Japan's pavilion? (ie imported from Japan)

Bonsai has always fascinated me.

officeboy

Steve, do please pass along my thanks to the photographer(s) for these wonderful photos of the festival. I appreciate the time taken to do this great work.

officeboy

Are the Bonsai trees at Japan created by WDW horticulture or are they actually from Japan's pavilion? (ie imported from Japan)

Bonsai has always fascinated me.

To the best of my knowledge the Bonsai presented in years past have always been supplied by individuals, usually associated with the Central Florida Bonsai club.

a2grafix

Very impressive. The Disney creative team ceases to amaze, year in and year out, with every change of season.

The dolphins in motion, very cool. Also dig the pun on the "tea garden" with Twinings tea in tea cups.

Mikester71

GREAT pictures Steve! :sohappy:

Stupid question, but we were down there last March and got to see the F&GF for the first time and I was wondering if they change the displays each year or do they pretty much just use the same characters and display areas each year? I may be answering my own question here, but looking at your pics from today and a lot of the characters and displays look different from the ones we saw last year. :shrug:

DisneyWales

Awww i love this time of year at Epcot!! The Flowers and arrangements bring so much life and colour to an already outstanding park.

sadly i havent been back to the flower show since 2005, but im making this years food and wine festival:slurp:

Thanks for the pics Steve, always love looking what the do each year!!!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
GREAT pictures Steve! :sohappy:

Stupid question, but we were down there last March and got to see the F&GF for the first time and I was wondering if they change the displays each year or do they pretty much just use the same characters and display areas each year? I may be answering my own question here, but looking at your pics from today and a lot of the characters and displays look different from the ones we saw last year. :shrug:

Yep they do change each year. Some of the topiaries are reused, but in different places, and in different scenes.

You can see photos from the last few years at http://www.wdwmagic.com/Events/Epcot-International-Flower-and-Garden-Festival/Gallery.htm

StitchMom84

Thanks so much for sharing these beautiful photos! It is especially appreciated by those of us that cannot be there during this time of year.
I have to wonder if those flowers, plants and topiaries are shivering in the unusual cold that is being experienced right now? It's a strange thing to see the guests in the background of some of the photos wearing jackets!!
It's hard for me to imagine what it's like cooler there. The past three years we've gone in October and all three times, it has been really, really hot for that time of the year!! Thanks again for the great pictures!!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks so much for sharing these beautiful photos! It is especially appreciated by those of us that cannot be there during this time of year.
I have to wonder if those flowers, plants and topiaries are shivering in the unusual cold that is being experienced right now? It's a strange thing to see the guests in the background of some of the photos wearing jackets!!
It's hard for me to imagine what it's like cooler there. The past three years we've gone in October and all three times, it has been really, really hot for that time of the year!! Thanks again for the great pictures!!

Glad you enjoyed the pics! :)

In the forecast things are set to warm up a bit now, so the plants shouldn't be under cold stress for much longer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom