photo question?

farmgirl

Original Poster
hi there , does anyone know if you can still develope 35mm film anywhere on Disney World property? If not is there a chance of airport x rays ruining the film if you take it on your carry on? Also what is the cost to get prints from a digital camera on site? thank u

mynonnie

Developing pictures

There are several Kodak shops in the parks where you can develop film in an hour or two. However, the machines at the airports will not ruin your undeveloped film. I alwasy tell the security people I have film and they always send it right on through.

DanStat

Yea, last time I was at the airport and when I was in D.C., there were signs that said the x-ray machines wouldn't ruin film. If you want to be safe, though, you could take it and hand it to the people working there.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I haven't used regular film in years but I seem to remember that the only time you might have an issue is if you have unexposed (new) film that is not still in the original foil wrapper. Once the film is exposed it should be fine.

PJLukasik

If your film is 800 speed or lower you should be ok, so long as it goes through with carry-on luggage. Do not put film in your checked bags, it will be ruined. The safest way would be to process it before you leave, but I believe that all of the in-park film developing was discontinued. In terms of the digital prints/CDs, I don't remember the prices, but it is expensive. You are way better off printing/burning at home.

JPVonDrake

Due to the increase in digital camera usage, Guest demand for our on-property film processing services has decreased. As a result, film processing is no longer available at the theme parks or resorts.

The closest location to the Walt Disney World Resort to get film processing done is Gooding's Supermarket located at CrossRoads at Lake Buena Vista.

Gooding's Supermarket
12521 SR 535
Lake Buena Vista, Florida, 32830
(407) 827-1200

KeithVH

To make it easy at the airport, take ALL the film out of the containers. Stuff the rolls into a ziplock baggy. ASK FOR A HAND INSPECTION when you go through security. Print out this http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/assistant/editorial_1035.shtm and take it with you so there are no questions. It's their own policy so they really can't argue with it. Then again, the carry-on units ARE very low powered and anything under ASA400 shouldn't be a problem going through.

brertigger

One thing to keep in mind, 35mm film can only take so many xrays (even lower powered carry on ones). I had a roll of WDW vacation photos turn out worthless because they were too fuzzy to be able to be developed. :( The photolab said it was likely due to xray machines.

farmgirl

Original Poster
thanks , I think I am only going to take disposible cameras in case I lose it or something, I hope they will be okay. thanks again for the help

Gorjus

Just a clarification:
Film will be fine ONLY if put through the CARRY ON x-ray machines. NEVER put film in your CHECKED baggage.

jeffb

To make it easy at the airport, take ALL the film out of the containers. Stuff the rolls into a ziplock baggy. ASK FOR A HAND INSPECTION when you go through security. Print out this http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/assistant/editorial_1035.shtm and take it with you so there are no questions. It's their own policy so they really can't argue with it. Then again, the carry-on units ARE very low powered and anything under ASA400 shouldn't be a problem going through.

I still shoot film and would second what KeithVH indicated. 400 and under is fine through carry on. Newark Airport has signs that indicate this. I would not put film though the baggage machines. I do not use the hand inspection for 400 and lower but recommend it for anything faster. I have not run into any problems with x-rays damaing pictures using this approach.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom